I know that Nameberry users usually like more classic names,

I like Teabees suggestion of using [name]Hayley[/name] for one daughter [name]Julianne[/name] for the next. :slight_smile:

I totally agree. I love [name]Julianne[/name]. My friend [name]Julianne[/name] is a beautiful ballerina (no really, a real one). Why not [name]Julianne[/name] [name]Hayley[/name]?

I’m a closet [name]Hayley[/name] fan too!!! I like the spelling [name]Hayley[/name]. My dad’s favourite name was [name]Hayley[/name] after the actress [name]Hayley[/name] [name]Mills[/name] from the Parent Trap. Go with a name you love!

As for popular names - I had/have one. I liked that it wasn’t [name]Jennifer[/name]. In the scheme of things, everything that wasn’t [name]Jennifer[/name] didn’t feel epidemic at my school. At 12th place, it was nearly exactly as common in the year I was born as [name]Emma[/name] in 1st place is now.

As for mega-names. I have a bit of hesitation for names in this category, but feel less concerned overall for names that represent the reality - [name]Hayley[/name] has a good history, [name]Aidan[/name] is a real name, [name]Michaela[/name] is a real name. [name]Braden[/name], [name]McKayla[/name], etc. are derivative - I would go to the source. [name]Bailey[/name] and [name]Hayley[/name] = ok. If you’re just rhyming and using a random initial, now you’re getting ridiculous. I would always be in favor of a [name]Hayley[/name] than if you said your heart was set on naming your daughter after your best friend, [name]McKayla[/name] and it had to be spelled that way and not the admirable [name]Michaela[/name]. I think [name]Hayley[/name] is the best way to spell [name]Hayley[/name] also. I find the deep roots of the meganames much more respectable than the offshoots, and I think [name]Hayley[/name] isn’t just a part of the category, but rather an early inspiration for so many parents to emulate in somewhat sloppy and whimsical fashion. As modern as it sounds, it’s at least the real deal.

As for down the road - I have read all your suggestions and didn’t see one for a first name of your choice (and closer with your core style) with two middle names, [name]Hayley[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]. Would that work?

I love it. I would spell it [name]Haileigh[/name] [name]Julianne[/name], but that’s just me!