I love Antigone but who in the world could be her sister?

Proback

1 Like

Love the idea of [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and I also thought of [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]!

1 Like

I knew sisters named [name_f]Antigone[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], which work well together imo. Their parents sometimes called them [name_f]Tiggy[/name_f] and Seffie too. I think those are sweet nicknames :slight_smile: I understand if they’re too matchy for you though!

2 Likes

Oh wow, they’re real! I love hearing that - [name_f]Antigone[/name_f] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] / [name_f]Tiggy[/name_f] & Seffie are so nice together. A bit on the nose for me, but maybe in a good way? I will ruminate;)

1 Like

Let me know what you decide! I will say, even with being a little on the nose, it really was a great pair! I think it’d be similar to using two flower names or two nature names. The theme is obvious, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing when both names are gorgeous.

1 Like

Antigone is beautiful!!

Catriona
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]
[name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u]
Odysseia
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]

1 Like

Ismene :wink:

One option for [name_f]Antigone[/name_f]’s sister is a name that doesn’t necessarily “match” but that has a similar deep personal connection. For example, if [name_f]Monet[/name_f] is your favorite painter, maybe you’d like [name_f]Claudia[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe a place name that has special significance. You could get a really fun, eclectic sibset this way.

Another option would be to pick a mythological name with a similar vibe - familiar but not commonly used, with unusual or punchy sound combinations, and preferably a cool (and not too gruesome) story to go with it.

Some suggestions (apologies for any repeats):

Atalanta

Andromache - [name_f]Tiggy[/name_f] and [name_u]Mack[/name_u] would so cute!

Artemisia

Proserpina - [name_f]Tiggy[/name_f] and [name_m]Oz[/name_m]/Ozzie

Minerva

Nausicaa

Arete

Euridice

Callista

Ariadne

Theano

Vesta

Dione

2 Likes

Antigone & [name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] & [name_f]Elfrieda[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] & [name_f]Araceli[/name_f]

Anything equally unique should work ok!

Antigone & [name_f]Marlena[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] & [name_f]Narcissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] & [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f] & [name_f]Apolline[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Antigone[/name_f]’s sister’s would be [name_f]Eos[/name_f] and [name_f]Dido[/name_f]. I think you can get away with anything if you’re bold and blase’ enough.

1 Like

Antigone and her sister [name_f]Elektra[/name_f] or [name_f]Electra[/name_f] :heart: I also love [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]. I also think [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] or [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] could work.

1 Like

I love how you put this into words!!! This description is exactly what I’m trying to find (your suggestions are amazing too - welcome to NB I am incredibly happy to have you here!)

Very tempted to say challenge accepted;)

Just a few that immediately spring to mind…

Peregrine
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

Also love previous suggestions of [name_f]Callista[/name_f] and [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]!

1 Like