I love the name Minnow

I think Minnow is a sweet nickname but as a 20yo, I would definitely not want it as my name. It’s cute on a little kid but I worry about the fish/bait association and I’d just have a hard time taking it seriously.

I think Minnow is really cute! Minnow [name_f]Colleen[/name_f] sounds great together. You’re not going to have as much backlash once the child is already born. From what I’ve noticed, people accept it as the name and move on. I know kids named [name_u]Pistol[/name_u] and [name_m]Danger[/name_m].

I kinda like it!

I agree with those who have been saying that it’s a cute nickname, but wearing it as an adult may be hard. I’d pick a different M name, and use Minnow as a lovey name. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you’d ask your child’s teachers to use it in elementary (which they may or may not do,) she can always go by her full name whenever she’s ready.

(My son had a little girl in his class whose mom insisted on day 1 that the teacher call her ‘[name_f]Bunny[/name_f],’ instead of her actual name, something like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. Teacher refused, and said that at home it’s fine, but a child should go by a real name in school/friends/the real world.)

I know a little girl who is [name_f]Marina[/name_f] nn Minnow, but she goes by Minnow exclusively. Its definitely brave and unusual but with how popular word names, animal names and names containing the long O sound are I think its usable.

I think Minnow is great! I love the summery, clean image it brings to mind, and I love the sleek, lyrical sound of it. I think reading The Sacred Lies of Minnow [name_m]Bly[/name_m] helped me see it as wearable on a young woman. Your parents may not like it, but they already had their chance to name their children. If they are at all reasonable, they will get used to it.

I think Minnow [name_f]Coleen[/name_f] would be lovely, and you should use it if it’s your favorite!