I love the names I had picked out but..

the popularity of them now has thrown me off. :frowning:

I always said that if I had a baby girl I’d name her [name]Ruby[/name].
When I found out I was pregnant with twins and one was a girl I was ecstatic… until I realized how popular [name]Ruby[/name] had become. Huuuuuuuge letdown.

I’ve also had name-crushes on
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

I just want to find some new names… some I haven’t considered before.
My son has a very unpopular name that I love, and baby boy twin will have a name that isn’t used here in the US at all.
I don’t want to use something too popular or trendy for that purpose but I can’t help but want to cling to my favorites.

Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

I adore the name [name]Ruby[/name]! It is not popular at all where I live. I actually don’t know anyone with that name. If it is a name you love, I wouldn’t let the possible popularity prevent you from using it. [name]Hazel[/name] is my favorite out of your other options!

[name]Do[/name] you have your boy name picked out yet? It might make helping with a girls name a little easier… On a side note I love [name]Ruby[/name] and hand never met a little [name]Ruby[/name] :wink:
I also think
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
All have a similar feel :wink:

[name]Ruby[/name] is currently #113–that’s not too popular at all (anything outside the top 100 is not too popular, in my book). I say go for it!

I don’t think [name]Ruby[/name] is as popular as you think. I do know an 18 month old twin named [name]Ruby[/name], but that is it. Its a great name and you should use it if you love it, no matter what.

Unless your last name is very common, like [name]Smith[/name] or [name]Jones[/name], I’d stick with [name]Ruby[/name] since you love it. It’s not so popular that she’ll encounter many people who share her name.

[name]How[/name] about the name Pyrrha? (Peer-uh) It’s very unusual and I love the way it sounds. I’m not sure if it’s your taste, but I recently discovered it via Greek mythology. It’s definitely a name iKve never heard until now, so I thought the uniqueness of it might intrigue you?

If you really love the name, which I think is adorable btw!, check ssa.gov for the popularity in your state. There are names I had taken off of my list because they were in the top 100 for the US but when I checked for my state some weren’t anywhere near the top 100.

I don’t find [name]Ruby[/name] common at all. If it was in the top 25-50 I would hesitate, but not where it is now.

I guess #113 to me is popular… Idk why! haha

I just want to open up some different options just in case :slight_smile:

This!
I love [name]Ruby[/name]! Go for it!

I have never met a [name]Ruby[/name], and the only [name]Ruby[/name] I have ever heard of is the one of the TV show [name]Max[/name] & [name]Ruby[/name]. I really wouldn’t worry about it. Statistics aren’t everything, maybe there’s just one town with a million Rubys in it and it’s throwing it off. You never know.

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile: