I love this name but can it work?

[name]Tish[/name]! I just [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tish[/name]!! Can it ever work as a stand alone name? Does it have the same stand alone quality as a name like [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Anne[/name]? I am not particularly fond of an longer forms of [name]Tish[/name], I hate [name]Patricia[/name] and [name]Letitia[/name] is ok but I don’t love it the same way as [name]Tish[/name]. Would using [name]Tisha[/name] change things? Also I am not concerned with how dated the name sounds, I know a lot of people consider it dated but I don’t so that is not a deal breaker for me.

Sorry, I really don’t like it. But if you love it, that’s what matters. I’m a big fan of naming the child what the child will be called versus doing the whole “formal” name on the birth certificate and using a nn but [name]Tish[/name] is one I don’t think would work as a given name in any context. The child’s nn doesn’t necessarily have to have anything to do with the name that’s on the birth certificate so you could name her anything and still call her [name]Tish[/name]. I’m pretty relaxed when it comes to naming “etiquette”.

Sorry, I like every other name in your signature, but don’t love [name]Tish[/name]. Good luck!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Trisha[/name]? I went to school with a girl named [name]Trisha[/name].

Not a fan personally.

I went to Middle School and HS with a girl named [name]Tisha[/name]. Maybe that would work for you?

I agree with the others–I’m not really a fan at all. It’s not that [name]Tish[/name] feels dated to me–it just doesn’t feel pretty, sweet, striking, or charming–not the way your other favorites do! What about [name]Tess[/name]? It has a similar sound and I think it definitely could stand on its own, and works really well with names like [name]Clara[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], etc. I suppose if you used an “H” MN, you could even use [name]Tish[/name] as a nn for [name]Tess[/name] H____. It might help if it had an “I” in it somewhere. Like [name]Tess[/name] [name]Heidi[/name] or [name]Tess[/name] [name]Hilary[/name]… I personally like [name]Tess[/name] [name]Helena[/name], though. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, I think [name]Trisha[/name] is a nice option. What happened to [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]? I thought you planned on using [name]Tish[/name] as a nn for that?

I let go of [name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] so I could use [name]Sophie[/name] as a FN. I suppose I could [name]Tabitha[/name] with another S middle name. [name]Tess[/name] is nice but I am not sure it sounds right as a FN. I have thought about [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] [name]Hania[/name] but I am not sure about either one. I have also thought about using a [name]Ti[/name] name with and Sh middle name maybe something like [name]Tianna[/name] Shereen or [name]Tinsley[/name] [name]Shariah[/name] but I am not sure about any of them.