♫ I need a hero! *name for a fantasy character*

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum as I have found myself in a unique situation.

I have begun plotting a new fantasy romance story and I seem to be at a loss for the main hero’s name. Here is a bit about him, and some of the important character’s her interacts with. I would ideally like to stick to OLD [name_m]Roman[/name_m]/Greek, Middle Eastern, Egyptian or Hebrew sounding names OR Slavic/ Polish names

The story is set in an AU fantasy world where magic is prevalent. The time period of this story would be pre-industrial (think Roman Empire - Dark Ages eras)

The main hero is a young lord (upper class). He’s the kind of character who you don’t expect to be the good guy. He give off a dark first impression, but is actually quite nice. He’s strong, smart, gruff, and slightly hot-headed, This hero is like an onion, there are many layers to him. A name which can be shortened to a nickname would be ideal. I haven’t really seriously considered any names because nothing ha stuck out to me.

The main heroine’s name is Anwylie (Ahn-we-lee) you can see how I have definitively put a fantasy twist on these names. She’s a very down-to-earth girl, simple in her actions, bright and radiant. Anwylie is the love interest of this character unnamed character. I would absolutely love for their names to click together somehow.

Onias is another character in the story, and is the best friend and trusted member of this unnamed character’s inner circle. He is quite sneaky and often spies for the unnamed character. Onias comes from a higher class family.

I would like to avoid names starting with A, and C because I use names with those beginning letters [name_m]WAY[/name_m] TOO much.

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to recommend me names to play with, or come up with something new and unique that I could possibly name this currently unnamed here. If you would like any more information on the characters or the story for inspiration please let me know!

:heart: - [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

I like the sound of the name [name_m]Valerian[/name_m], but it’s not quite what I’m looking for. It is closer to anything else I’ve looked at though!

What other names have you considered for this character? What are the names of other characters in this world? It would help in getting a feel for the kind of names you like or want. Some suggestions I’ve come up with:

Nikator
Zenobios
Zephyrus “Zephyr”
Zagreus
Klopas
Nestor

Seth/Set/Sethos
Hakor/Hakoris
Nahab
Sennacherib

Zedekias “Zed”
Elymas