I need help deciding!

I can’t decide. I like them all. Some are too popular maybe? I like different, but not too crazy. What do you think?.

[name]Baby[/name] Names

[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Will[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name] is my favourite boys name so it’s definitely my favourite from your list. It’s classy and versatile and I love the nn [name]Ollie[/name] for it. [name]Henry[/name] is also classy and I really like it. I also like [name]Finn[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Will[/name] but I feel that they need a longer full name. Maybe [name]Finnian[/name], [name]Finnegan[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name], [name]Leopold[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name] or [name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name].

I love the feel of [name]Barrett[/name], [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Graham[/name]! I also like [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Cole[/name].

Thank you for the feedback! Keep it coming!

[name]Love[/name] your selection. I think deciding which names sound best with your middle name choices as well as your last name will help narrow it down. My favorites are [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. Since you like [name]Will[/name] how about [name]Liam[/name]? That’s not narrowing it down for you very much, is it? :wink: I think [name]Cole[/name] makes a great middle name.

Other first and middle name possibilities…

[name]Milo[/name] / [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Wiley[/name]
[name]Lars[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Reed[/name] / [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]

Finn - Ok but I find it a bit nicknamey for a full name. It would be a great nn for a Finnegan, Fintan, or Finnian.

Henry - You can’t go wrong with a classic name like this one.

Barrett - Not bad but I find it a bit harsh sounding like the similar Beckett. I do love Bennett.

Gus - A nn for an August, Augustus, Augustine or Gustave. If you decide to choose a shorter name or a nickname in the first name spot, you may box yourself into a pattern for future children.

Leo - I love this spunky name - it has a long history of popes and saints. Many people prefer Leopold but I just think Leo is lovely the way it is. Of course, if you have a baby in late July/early August that’s when the zodiac sign of Leo kicks in!

Harrison - I think this name is strong and masculine. You may also like Edison, Anderson and Emerson.

James - Short, strong and traditional. This name oozes class.

Oliver - I’ve loved this name since I was a child and saw the British film “Oliver”. The little orphan boy made such a huge impact on me that I still remember him today every time I hear this name.

Max - Ok but maybe as a nn for Maximilan, Maxwell or Maxfield.

Will - I like this name better than William myself

Cole - I have a hyperactive cousin with this name so it’s not my fave. It would make a great middle name though.

Graham - OK but nothing exciting. How about Duncan, Rowan or Ronan?

Asher - A great Biblical name that manages to sound more contemporary due to the trendy “er” ending that is all the rage now (occupational names: Sawyer, Cooper, Miller etc…).

[name]Finn[/name] - agree with a poster above, a bit to nick-namey. What about [name]Quinn[/name]?
[name]Henry[/name] - really like this.
[name]Barrett[/name] - would likely be nicknamed “barry”? Not a favourite
[name]Gus[/name] - Prefer [name]Angus[/name] as a full name to nn [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]- love this
[name]Harrison[/name] - love this, has been on my list!
[name]James[/name] - again, a favourite of mine
[name]Oliver[/name] - a fave, but a little over-used where I live at the moment
[name]Max[/name] - current #1 contender for us, so there you go!
[name]Will[/name] - love
[name]Cole[/name] - hmm, undecided on this one. Not a big fan
[name]Graham[/name] - feel a little old fashioned
[name]Asher[/name] - too feminine for me. As an alternative, I like [name]Archer[/name].

[name]Finn[/name]- I like
[name]Henry[/name]- way too popular
[name]Barrett[/name]- ok, but not a big fan
[name]Gus[/name] - prefer [name]August[/name], IMHO, [name]Gus[/name] just sounds like an old man to me
[name]Leo[/name]- its ok, not crazy about it
[name]Harrison[/name]- this is a good one
[name]James[/name]- good and solid, has great versatility
[name]Oliver[/name]- too popular
[name]Max[/name]- I prefer [name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Max[/name]
[name]Will[/name]- too plain
[name]Cole[/name]- its alright
[name]Graham[/name]- my favorite on your list!
[name]Asher[/name]- rising in popularity

Wish I could use [name]Bennett[/name]…it would be my number one Name, but my sister used it.

My top five from your list:

[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]

If you’re worried about popularity, I would eliminate [name]Henry[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Max[/name] and [name]Will[/name], or at least make them mns.

I love [name]Finn[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], & [name]Cole[/name].
I like [name]Barrett[/name], [name]Graham[/name], and [name]Asher[/name].
I have a bad association with [name]Gus[/name], so it’s a no for me.

Combos:
[name]Cole[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Cole[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Barrett[/name] [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Finn[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Max[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Will[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]
if you aren’t concerned with popularity…
[name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Barrett[/name], nn [name]Max[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Max[/name], nn [name]Will[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Cole[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

I love [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Barrett[/name].

Agree with mischa on short names. If you give a longer, more formal first name, you’re always free to use a short nickname. Giving a short name limits options. Some people are okay with that and some aren’t.

Personally, the names I’d scratch from the list are [name]Finn[/name], [name]Barrett[/name], and [name]Cole[/name]. [name]Barrett[/name] looks and sounds like barrette to me and I just don’t like [name]Finn[/name] or [name]Cole[/name] at all.

My favorites are [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] ([name]Leonard[/name]? [name]Leonidas[/name]? [name]Leopold[/name]?)

I forgot to add [name]Miller[/name]…this one’s on my list too.

My favorites are [name]Gus[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]–it’s funny, I think [name]Leo[/name] is just fine on its own but I feel the need to make [name]Gus[/name] short for something. [name]Love[/name] the suggestions of [name]August[/name], [name]Angus[/name] and [name]Gustave[/name] as long forms!