I need help naming my charaters!

Hey, so i’m writing like a middle-grade drama, and I have no idea what to call my main characters. In my opinion their names should suit their personalities. So, here they are.

Character 1: Girl, 11 years old, funny, smart, well-liked, kind, and she has huge dreams of becoming an actress when she grows up. Her style is classic but somewhat trendy. She has red hair, 1 brown eye, 1 green eye, pale, freckles, a bit chubby. For some reason with her I feel like a name that everyone’s heard, but not top 10 popular.

Character 2:, Girl, 12 years old. Funny, Popular, kind, a good listener, talkative. She wears a lot of clothing from the boy’s section and hates anything girly. She has short dirty blonde hair, tallest in class, hazel eyes, no freckles, very skinny.

Character 3: Girl, 13. [name_m]Rude[/name_m], talkative, not funny, a bully, cunning. She wears clothing that is much too small for her. She has blue eyes, short brown hair, but it’s dyed neon green, tall.

Character 4: Boy, 11. Quiet, smart, funny, kind, shy, not confident. He wears mainly shirts and pants with sports logos, and always has a green beanie on, even when he’s inside at school. Extremely short, shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes, pale skin.

Character 5: Woman (Principal), in her late 50’s. Kind, strict, busy, she listens to students. She wears pant suits or long jackets with blouses. Dirty blonde hair, shoulder-length, plus size, average height. She also has a french accent the way I hear her voice.

Character 6: Girl, 12. Funny, Kind, she tries too hard to be popular, and dreams of becoming a singer. She wears trendy clothing (She thinks it will help her be popular), sometimes she has wears glasses, girly style. [name_m]Long[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] hair and hazel eyes, skinny.

Sorry for such the long post. I might create another one later for the same story. I’d appreciate middle and last names too, or if you think they have double barrel names than that works too, but I only really need a last name for the Principal though.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Random names that popped out at me:

1. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] Brightwald

2. [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Vivianna[/name_f] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]

3. [name_u]Brinley[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Aster[/name_u]

4. [name_m]Weston[/name_m] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] [name_m]Princeton[/name_m]

5. [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] [name_u]Davis[/name_u] ​

6. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] Lillibet [name_u]Garcia[/name_u]

Good luck! :heart:

1. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u]
  2. [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] “Jess”
  3. Malora [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
  4. [name_m]Eric[/name_m] [name_m]Troy[/name_m] [name_m]Chavez[/name_m]
  5. Mrs. [name_f]Cécile[/name_f] [name_m]Boyer[/name_m] (said like boy-ay)
  6. [name_u]Madison[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f] Mendoza

Thanks! [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] [name_u]Davis[/name_u] sounds really good to me!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Jess[/name_u] suits her a lot! Thanks!

(Just ideas)

1. Lucy, Maeve, Olive, Ivy

2. Mila, Charlotte, Jordan

3. Sasha, Morgan, Lillian, Dana

4. Liam, Noah, Milo, Elijah, Arlo, Mason, James, Benjamin, Chester

5. Helene, Manon, Simone

6. Julia, Brooke, Theola, Nora, Autumn, Mila, Ilana

1 Like

Character 1: [name_u]Kassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Zoey[/name_f], [name_f]Sandra[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

Character 2: because she hates anything girlie, I think it would be ironic for her to have a very feminine name, often found in rulers of the past. She might hate her name and decide to change her nickname 3x throughout the story - [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (Tori, [name_m]Vick[/name_m] Victor), [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] (Liz, [name_u]Eli[/name_u], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], Zabe), [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] (Nick, [name_m]Cole[/name_m], Nico), [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (Cat, [name_u]Wren[/name_u], Rina)

Character 3: Brittini, [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]

Character 4: [name_m]Marco[/name_m], [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Channing[/name_u], [name_m]Juda[/name_m]

Character 5: [name_f]Patricia[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_u]Dominique[/name_u], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

Character 6: [name_f]Jenny[/name_f], [name_f]Kelli[/name_f], [name_f]Kimmie[/name_f], [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]

1 Like
  1. I think this character could suit a nature name (or similar). I like [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Lainie[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_u]Sage[/name_u], or Briar. (These also suit the heard-before-but-not-too-popular theme in my opinion.)

2. I fully agree with AKGirl, who recommended [name_u]Jess[/name_u] for this character. I honestly think it’s perfect.

3. I like a shorter name for this character–nothing too frilly. I think maybe [name_u]Casey[/name_u], [name_f]Tia[/name_f], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_f]Lara[/name_f], or Jade.

4. I am definitely getting [name_u]Max[/name_u] vibes from this one upon first read. I also like [name_u]Logan[/name_u], [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], Michael/Mike/Mikey, or [name_m]Cole[/name_m] for him. Definitely seems like he would have a common-ish name that doesn’t stand out. Nothing too abrasive.

5. Assuming that your story is set in present day, I would go for something popular in the '70s. I can see her rocking something like [name_f]Christine[/name_f], [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], or Julie. Perhaps you could go for a surname of [name_u]French[/name_u] origin.

6. Due to her theatrical nature, I would go for something Shakespearean! Think something like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Luciana[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f], [name_f]Katherina[/name_f], or Viola. I especially like [name_f]Katherina[/name_f] for her.

Best of luck with your story! I love a good, awkward pre-teen drama!

1 Like

Thanks! I think [name_f]Lainie[/name_f] (Iike the spelling [name_f]Lainey[/name_f] more but whatever) suits her really well! I also love Max.

1 Like

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to help!