I need help to name this character

I am currently writing a story, it’s my 3am brain I swear. It’s about a girl that has empathic abilities that she doesn’t know she has yet. It’s something she hasn’t discovered at the beginning of the story. As the story progresses, she discovers these abilities and begins to figure out how to harness them, as well as control them, better. Her main empathic ability is that she is a [name_u]Spiritual[/name_u] Empath. She can feel the feelings of spirits, ghosts, etc. But she can also see them. Sometimes seeing these spirits is so gruesome that she wishes she didn’t have them.

This story is somewhat of a horror, with a touch of fantasy as well as other things. Of course, it’s set in the modern world because I hate world building (I love it actually. Like a lot) and I’m too lazy to try and build my own universe. But this modern universe is somewhat similar to that of The Mortal Instruments. It’s an [name_u]Urban[/name_u] [name_u]Dark[/name_u] [name_f]Fantasy[/name_f], I suppose. As I will be adding my own small universe (so I don’t have to worldbuild as much compared to a bigger, more expansive universe). But the thing I need the most help with a name for the MC. I don’t have a description down for her yet. I’m taking any kind of name suggestions. Currently in the story, I’m only referring to her as ‘she’ because I don’t have a name for her yet. But yeah. Any name suggestions will do until I figure her out more and get a description down. but I’ll probably figure out a description of her after I get her name down and just build a description of her around the name so it fits better.

1 Like

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Bella[/name_f] or Trixie)
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] or Thia)
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] (optional nns [name_u]Cal[/name_u] or Cali)
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] (optional nns [name_u]Cal[/name_u] or Callie)
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Cordy[/name_f] or Delia)
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] (optional nn Cress)
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f], or Ara)
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Lara[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], or Isa)
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f] (optional nns [name_u]Panda[/name_u] or Dora)
[name_f]Portia[/name_f] (optional nn Tia)
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] (optional nns [name_u]Rose[/name_u], [name_f]Rosy[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], Lindi)
[name_f]Kianda[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Kia[/name_f] or Ana)
[name_u]Thirteen[/name_u] (optional nn Tina)
[name_f]Ashura[/name_f] (optional nn Ash)
[name_u]Ain[/name_u]
[name_f]Aderinola[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Addy[/name_f], [name_u]Derin[/name_u], or Nola)
[name_f]Abikanile[/name_f] (optional nn Abi)
[name_u]Yolotl[/name_u]
[name_f]Meiju[/name_f]
[name_f]Theonoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Achlys[/name_f]
[name_f]Evronie[/name_f] (optional nns [name_f]Evie[/name_f] or Roni)

Hopefully this came in handy. I’ll see what else I can unearth and update if I find some more.

1 Like