I need help with a boys name

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in [name]March[/name]. We have our list of girls names down to three that we both like, but we are having a hard time with a boys name. My husband is so set on a name that he is having a hard time saying that he likes any other names. He loves Avett, which I don’t really get and I think it will be confusing to other people. I have a list of about 6 other names that he says that are ok. So now I want outside opinions. What do you think of our list

Avett
[name]Collin[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Will[/name]
I also like these names but he doesn’t really agree
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Greyson[/name]

Avett - sounds too made up, maybe [name]Brett[/name], [name]Jett[/name], or [name]Rhett[/name] instead?
[name]Collin[/name] - prefer it spelled [name]Colin[/name], but a good, solid name
[name]Connor[/name] - nothing wrong with it, but I’ve always disliked it
[name]Weston[/name] - ok
[name]Blake[/name] - good choice
[name]Lennon[/name] - prefer [name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Zane[/name] - ok
[name]Will[/name] - very common, but a good name

[name]Wyatt[/name] - like it
[name]Miles[/name] - like it a lot
[name]Owen[/name] - ok
[name]Bennett[/name] - like it
[name]Greyson[/name] - dislike

[name]Love[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] and [name]Colin[/name]!

Avett-Not feeling it, but I like poptart’s suggestion of [name]Rhett[/name].
[name]Collin[/name]-Prefer [name]Colin[/name] also, but very handsome.
[name]Connor[/name]-A little too popular for my taste, but still handsome
[name]Weston[/name]-[name]Love[/name] the nn [name]West[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]-Handsome
[name]Lennon[/name]-Reminds me of the Beatles, not a bad thing though
[name]Zane[/name]-This seems slightly dated to me, because the only [name]Zane[/name]'s I know are 20-somethings. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Dane[/name]?
[name]Will[/name]-fairly popular, but still nice
[name]Wyatt[/name]-Depending on the state, it’s the most popular boys name.
[name]Miles[/name]-Swooning! [name]Love[/name] this name.
[name]Owen[/name]-Very handsome, ages well
[name]Bennett[/name]-Like it best in the middle name spot
[name]Greyson[/name]-Not my favorite, I like [name]Grey[/name] or [name]Gray[/name] better. Idk why though.

Any of the names you like would be great middle names. :slight_smile:

Would he settle for Avett in the middle name spot?

Another “et” name that I like is [name]Chet[/name].

I’m leaning toward [name]Dean[/name] or [name]Lane[/name] for a middle name because they are my dads and husbands dads middle name. If I had to use it as a middle it would be with [name]Will[/name] just because it is such a short name and so is [name]Dean[/name] and [name]Lane[/name]. [name]Blake[/name] Avett sounds funny to me.

I text him [name]Rhett[/name] which I liked but his reply was “how do you say that”. I told him that is what everyone is saying about Avett when they see/hear it.

Did you tell him how to say it? Maybe if he says it a couple times outloud, he’ll come around. :slight_smile:

[name]Lennon[/name] [name]Dean[/name] sounds nice. These may sound dumb…but what if you smushed [name]Dean[/name] and [name]Lane[/name] together and made [name]Dane[/name]? [name]Just[/name] a thought.

If your thinking [name]Dean[/name] or [name]Lane[/name] in the middle then my favorite combos are [name]Connor[/name] [name]Lane[/name], [name]Weston[/name] [name]Lane[/name] or [name]William[/name] [name]Dean[/name]. I absolutely love [name]Miles[/name] [name]Dean[/name], but I see it’s one of those names you can’t agree on. Best of luck!

I like Poptart’s suggestions too for ett sounds. Sounds like he likes ‘on’ names so maybe try some others out on him too.

Good luck! We are having the exact same problem boys names are hard!

What about [name]Everett[/name]? Sounds like Avett slowed down to me :slight_smile:

I like [name]Rhett[/name] but my husband wasn’t to open to it. Maybe everett with a nn rhett. Ill have to try it out on him.