I Need HELP with a feminine middle name for surname turned first name!

McLaine/MaClaine/MaClane/McClaine

I haven’t decided on the spelling of the name yet but I need help finding a good feminine middle name to balance out this surname turned first name for a girl. I know its unusual and many will not like it- but Im really just looking for a good middle name to accompany such a unique name that I love.

Last name is White. This is my first blog so I am hoping for some responses :slight_smile:

I think the McLaine or McClaine spellings look classier. Where I live the [name]MaC[/name] seems get pronounced as [name]Mack[/name], heavy stress on the short a sound. [name]Laney[/name] could be an adorable NN for it.

McLaine [name]Sophia[/name]
McLaine [name]Aurora[/name]
McLaine [name]Elizabeth[/name]
McLaine [name]Juliette[/name]
McLaine [name]Samantha[/name]

Any of those appeal to you?

With surname first names, I like somewhat traditional middles. With a 2-syllable first and a 1-syllable last, I would pick something 3 or more syllables, just for flow. And something with a lot of vowels, since “McLaine” is kind of hard-sounding. For some reason I am also thinking that an L in the middle of the name would flow really nicely.

McLaine [name]Elizabeth[/name]
McLaine [name]Alicia[/name]
McLaine [name]Olivia[/name]
McLaine [name]Amelia[/name]
McLaine [name]Emily[/name]
McLaine [name]Cecilia[/name]

I knew a female [name]McLain[/name] who went by [name]Micky[/name]. Her middle name was [name]Victoria[/name], which I think is pretty nice.

I love all of the responses so far! [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] were both on my list! I like [name]Olivia[/name] as well!

McLaine [name]Ariana[/name]
McLaine [name]Ariella[/name]
McLaine [name]Alexandra[/name]
McClaine [name]Alessandra[/name]
McClaine [name]Isadora[/name]
McClaine [name]Theodora[/name]
McClaine [name]Angelina[/name]
McClaine [name]Eliora[/name]
McClaine [name]Viviana[/name]
McClaine [name]Liliana[/name]
McClaine [name]Rosalinda[/name]
McClaine [name]Cassandra[/name]
McClaine [name]Savannah[/name]
McClaine [name]Seraphina[/name]
McClaine [name]Amaryllis[/name]
McClaine [name]Larissa[/name]
McClaine [name]Juliana[/name]

McClaine [name]Elisabeth[/name]
McClaine [name]Victoria[/name]
McClaine [name]Samantha[/name]
McClaine [name]Aurora[/name]
McClaine [name]Miranda[/name]
McClaine [name]Alexandria[/name]
McClaine [name]Isabelle[/name]
McClaine [name]Cassandra[/name]
McClaine [name]Penelope[/name]
McClaine [name]Jessamine[/name]
McClaine [name]Rebekah[/name]
McClaine [name]Georgina[/name]
McClaine [name]Annora[/name]
McClaine [name]Linnea[/name]

I love the unique quality of rafferty and I love the flow. I am worried that [name]Rafferty[/name] would be too masculine for the unisex name Maclaine. [name]Do[/name] you know of something similar with a little more femininity?

McLaine is such a lovely name!

[name]Sophia[/name] is the ultimate softener [name]IMO[/name]. McLaine [name]Sophia[/name] White.

I love a catchy mn, regardless of the style of the fn, (both my kids have obscure fn and mn), but maybe you are leaning toward traditional. Here is a little of both:

McLaine [name]Samantha[/name] White

McLaine [name]Sabina[/name] White

If you like the sound of [name]Rafferty[/name], a more feminine name with the same beginning syllable is Raffaella (can also be spelled [name]Rafaela[/name], [name]Raphaela[/name] or Raphaella acceptably).

Sorry for any repeats!

McLaine [name]Daphne[/name] White
McLaine [name]Sophia[/name] White
McLaine [name]Aurelia[/name] White
McLaine [name]Abigail[/name] White
McLaine [name]Elizabeth[/name] White
McLaine [name]Felicity[/name] White**
McLaine [name]Penelope[/name] White
McLaine [name]Theresa[/name] White
McLaine [name]Victoria[/name] White

I prefer the spelling McLane being that it’s my maiden name. I wouldn’t use it for a girl but I would love to name a boy McLane and call him [name]Mac[/name].

McLane [name]Elizabeth[/name]
McLane [name]Rosemary[/name]