I need help with names 2 - Girls!

See the results of this poll: Which girl name do you like best?

Respondents: 37 (This poll is closed)

• Annsley: 3 (8%)
  • Ophelia: 7 (19%)
  • Ellison Poe (NN Ellie or Elle): 15 (41%)
  • Izaria (NN Izzy): 1 (3%)
  • Astrid: 11 (30%)

I really like [name]Ellison[/name] for a girl. Thanks to this site for introducing it to me. I think [name]Poe[/name] would make a great middle name for a boy or a girl.

I love the name [name]Ophelia[/name]. But a friend called her child astrid and I can’t help but think of asteroid everytime I say it.

I like [name]Astrid[/name] but if you can’t take to [name]Astrid[/name] another lovely name like it is [name]Ingrid[/name].

[name]Ophelia[/name] is often not liked when people see the ‘Oh feel’ in it.

I know of a little [name]Ellison[/name] (girl) and I sort of see the appeal but it also seems very trendy, like it’ll be so dated in 5 years.

I voted for [name]Ophelia[/name]. I think it is a beautiful name and very classic.

I like [name]Astrid[/name]. It makes me think of White Oleander and I loved the book. I like the feel of [name]Ellison[/name] [name]Poe[/name] - I agree that the [name]Ellison[/name]/[name]Emerson[/name] thing for girls could end up being a “dated” name, but you don’t have to let that bother you.

I think the name [name]Astrid[/name] is beautiful as well but I crossed it off my list because it contains the sound “ass” and that would likely be used for teasing.

I love [name]Ellison[/name]! I think it’s really pretty for a girl. And the nickname [name]Ellie[/name] is so ”ber-adorable.
I don’t like [name]Astrid[/name]. It was ruined by The Office.