I need help!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions in my previous posts! I am still stuck and I don’t think we’ll ever decide on two names for our twins and it is driving me mad! My husband and I both love [name]Gemma[/name], but now I have new names that we like, too. If anyone out there wants to give their input, feel free! Also, as always, I am taking name suggestions!

So, we are expecting identical twin girls in Nov and want names that aren’t too matchy. We already have a son, [name]Evan[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] and a daughter, [name]Ayla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Also, we unfortunately lost our first baby when she was 3 weeks old and her name was [name]Lia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I sort of want one of the girls to have something in their name to honor [name]Lia[/name], but I’m not sure how…I’ve thought of [name]Lia[/name], [name]Lianne[/name], [name]Lianna[/name] or [name]Liana[/name] for a middle name and also I have thought of [name]Layne[/name] or [name]Laine[/name] as a first name ([name]Lia[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] put together).

Here’s my current list: (also, can’t decide if popularity bothers me or not!)

[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Layne[/name] or [name]Laine[/name] (nn [name]Laney[/name] or [name]Lainey[/name])
[name]India[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] or [name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Jada[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Mia[/name] (weird bc it rhymes with [name]Lia[/name]?)
[name]Charlotte[/name]

Thanks, Berries!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Delia[/name], and the fact the [name]Delia[/name] contains “[name]Lia[/name]” without being an obvious derivative of it, like [name]Lianna[/name].

I like [name]Delia[/name] for that reason, too! I kind of also like [name]Emilia[/name] for that reason

Oh yes, [name]Emilia[/name] definitely works with [name]Gemma[/name] as well. [name]Delia[/name] is just on my personal list so my gaze immediately flew to it!

[name]Hi[/name]!

You could honor [name]Lia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] with her birth month, maybe? When was she born? If the birth flower and birth stone are accessible, you could give each girl one to honor their sister. That would be really sweet, especially since [name]Ayla[/name]'s name already honors her’s because they share a middle name…

As for first names off your list, my favorites with [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name] are [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Kate[/name], and [name]Mia[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you want to stay with vowels? [name]Do[/name] you want to stay with four letter names? Anyway, here are some ideas:

[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Hana[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name]
[name]Jessa[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Kara[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Lara[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Wynne[/name]

So, get back to me on [name]Lia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]'s birth month - I think that would be really cute, if you like that idea! Of my suggestions, I like [name]Claire[/name], [name]Cara[/name], [name]Hana[/name], [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Simone[/name], [name]Tess[/name], and [name]Willa[/name] best with [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name]. For the twins, I think cute pairings are [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Claire[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Cara[/name], [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Willa[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] and [name]Tess[/name], and [name]Hana[/name] and [name]Tess[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks, lemon! I love so many of your suggestions! Our last name starts with S, so I think [name]Tess[/name] would sound bad with it. Too bad because I [name]LOVE[/name] it! Of your suggestions, I also like [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Kaia[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] the best. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Emma[/name] is too popular? I [name]LOVE[/name] it…

Here are my faves:

[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Cara[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Cara[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Jada[/name] (this might be my favorite but I dont know)

ps. [name]Lia[/name] was born in [name]July[/name]

Congrats on the twins and I’m so sorry to hear about [name]Lia[/name].

[name]Gemma[/name]- I love this one and I think it goes prefectly with the other names!
[name]Layne[/name] or [name]Laine[/name] (nn [name]Laney[/name] or [name]Lainey[/name])= [name]Layne[/name] still seems very masculine to me. I’ve known lots of little boys named [name]Lane[/name]. What about [name]Elaina[/name] with the nn [name]Laine[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]? [name]Elaina[/name] would go really well your with your childrens names.
[name]India[/name]- I really like this one too.
[name]Elsa[/name]- I like, but it is kinda seems like [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name] mushed together.
[name]Hannah[/name]- A lovely and beatiful classic!
[name]Emma[/name]- I’m honesty a little tired of the [name]Em[/name]- names. The only exception is [name]Emilia[/name].
[name]Olivia[/name]- I still love this name despite the popularity. It is really pretty.
[name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Bella[/name]- [name]Isabella[/name] is the new super hit. I would avoid it at all cost.
[name]Elise[/name] or [name]Elisa[/name]- [name]Elise[/name] is beautiful and goes prefectly with your kids names!
[name]Delia[/name]- I love this one. and I think the [name]Lia[/name] ending is a nice way to honor [name]Lia[/name] without the name sounding too similar.
[name]Jada[/name]- I dont care for this name.
[name]Kate[/name]- [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Mia[/name] (weird bc it rhymes with [name]Lia[/name]?)- It is kinda weird to have rhyming names. I would do it.
[name]Charlotte[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one too but it might not be the best match with [name]Ayla[/name] and [name]Evan[/name].

[name]Evan[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], [name]Lia[/name], and…
Off your list I like the combos:
[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Delia[/name]- This is my favorite
[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]India[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] and [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]

Some others you might like:
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], again!

Okay, for [name]July[/name] we’ve got the ruby as the birthstone and both the larkspur and the water lily as birth flowers. Something like [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] would also be cute as a middle name, if [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lark[/name], Larkspur, and [name]Lily[/name] aren’t your style.

I’m glad you like [name]Cara[/name], [name]Kaia[/name], and [name]Olivia[/name]. Yes, [name]Emma[/name] is popular, but it is also timeless. I won’t tell you not to use it simply because of popularity, because I think it’s lovely, too! I’m not sure I’d use it with [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name], though, as it sounds a bit like the two names mixed. I think [name]Cara[/name] is really sweet with [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name], though, and you’re right about [name]Tess[/name] not working with an S last name - not even sure [name]Tessa[/name] would work, either.

[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] is cute, as is [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]! So, I’ve come back and decided my favorite combination for the girls is definitely [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Cara[/name], but then that leaves [name]Gemma[/name] as the odd one out with a five letter name (since [name]Evan[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], and [name]Cara[/name] would have four letter names). I guess it isn’t a big deal, though, since [name]Lia[/name] had a three letter name, right? I just like the sound of all four names together - they’re beautiful. [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] would be pretty, I think, and they subtly honor [name]Lia[/name]!

I’m completely taken with [name]Cara[/name] with your kids’ names! I’m sorry to go on and on about it, I really am. I also like [name]Faye[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Maya[/name] ([name]Maia[/name]), and [name]Nell[/name]. Or, what about [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Jade[/name]? [name]Skye[/name] and [name]Sage[/name] are other cute options! I think something like [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] is so sweet, or [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Hope[/name]. I also like [name]Cara[/name] and [name]Skye[/name], though [name]Kara[/name] and [name]Skye[/name] just seems better to me. Good luck!

Sorry, this is a very long response, so hang with me!

[name]Gemma[/name]: I think this is a pretty name that could function well as a child’s name as well as an adult’s. I personally do not like it enough to name my own child [name]Gemma[/name], but see nothing wrong with it.
[name]Layne[/name] or [name]Laine[/name] (nn [name]Laney[/name] or [name]Lainey[/name]): [name]Layne[/name] does sound a bit masculine to me as well, but would see no problem using it as a mn
[name]India[/name]: I do like the name [name]India[/name]. I think it would also go well with your other children’s names, especially if you paired it with another vowel name.
[name]Elsa[/name]- I haven’t quite made up my mind on this name, but I’m pretty sure I like it.
[name]Hannah[/name]- I’ve known too many snotty [name]Hannah[/name]‘s to still be ok with this name, personally
[name]Emma[/name]- Cute, classic, goes with your other kids’ names…not sure I can picture an adult [name]Emma[/name] very well though
[name]Olivia[/name]- I love this name and the [name]Liv[/name] nn that cam come from it…if you can get past the popularity
[name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Bella[/name]- Also love this name, but popular.
[name]Elise[/name] or [name]Elisa[/name]- [name]Elise[/name] is on my personal list. [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Delia[/name]- Also haven’t made up my mind on this one, but think it goes quite well with [name]Elsa[/name].
[name]Jada[/name]- I like this name, but I can’t get past Pinkett-[name]Smith[/name]…but that’s just me.
[name]Kate[/name]- Cute, Classic, not quite my fav though
[name]Mia[/name] (weird bc it rhymes with [name]Lia[/name]?)- I named my cat [name]Mia[/name] not know that it meant bitter, or sea of bitterness, and she is the meanest animal I’ve ever had. I don’t know if you pay attention to meanings behind names, but that kinda kills [name]Mia[/name] for me.
[name]Charlotte[/name]- I really like this name.

Here is my list of pairings from your list…

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] (to go off of [name]Lemon[/name]'s suggestions of acknowledging [name]Lia[/name] in a way outside of namesake)
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Layne[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]
[name]India[/name] [name]Lianne[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] [name]Julia[/name] (apparently I also like the series of [name]Juli[/name]- names… also [name]Julia[/name] cherishes [name]Lia[/name] both in [name]July[/name] and in Ju-[name]Lia[/name])
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Jade[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]July[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Lianne[/name]
[name]Emaline[/name] [name]July[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

I wish you the best of luck. Sorry about your loss. Enjoy your gifts.

[name]Lemon[/name],

I am in love with [name]Elise[/name], but, as I said with [name]Tess[/name], our last name starts with an S so [name]Elise[/name] doesn’t really work… But what about [name]Elisa[/name]? Does that go with an S last name? I love [name]Elise[/name]/[name]Elisa[/name] because there are so many cute nicknames…We could call her [name]Elise[/name], [name]Lise[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Lisa[/name], etc…

[name]Hi[/name]! Congratulations on the twins! :slight_smile: [name]How[/name] about [name]Delaney[/name]? It would work as a middle name or as a first name. I like [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] together. I also like [name]Elisa[/name] with [name]Gemma[/name]! :sunglasses:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Bliss[/name],

Ironically, [name]Elyse[/name] is my middle name! Yes, in the same way [name]Tess[/name] doesn’t work with an S last name, [name]Elise[/name] doesn’t, either. But, I don’t know that [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Elisa[/name] would work, either, unfortunately. If we say [name]Elisa[/name] [name]Smith[/name] or [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name], it sounds a bit to me like a lisp - what do you think? If you love it, you should use it, but that’s what we said about [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Jada[/name], too. I can’t tell you it’s the best choice for flow, though, sadly.

I did make another list for you, combining some old suggestions and some new ones. Perhaps something will catch your eye here?

[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Bree[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Hana[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Sari[/name]

I personally think [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Romy[/name] would only work as nicknames for more substantial names (i.e., [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Ramona[/name]), as to me they sound a bit like pet names in short. I’ve placed my two favorites at the top of the list, [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Cara[/name]. I think those are beautiful names that work well together and with [name]Lia[/name], [name]Evan[/name], and [name]Ayla[/name]. [name]Nina[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Lily[/name] would honor [name]Lia[/name]'s memory very well, and you’d have two sweet, feminine names. I don’t know how to work [name]Elise[/name] or [name]Elisa[/name] in there to maximize flow, but something like [name]Jade[/name] [name]Elise[/name], [name]Hope[/name] [name]Elise[/name], [name]Lily[/name] [name]Elise[/name], or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Elise[/name] would be acceptable, I think. Get back to me with your thoughts. Good luck!

Ok, I love [name]Elise[/name]. I’m stuck on it! I’ve been thinking about it all day. Our last name is Stadelmann (pronounced like staddle-man). [name]Elise[/name] Stadelmann…I kinda like it and the double S is actually starting to bother me less and less. For some reason though I’ve been having a hard time finding a middle name that sounds right with [name]Elise[/name], but then I came up with [name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]. What do you think? What twin name sounds good with [name]Elise[/name]? (I like [name]Cara[/name] but my husband does not)

[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Jada[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and ???

[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Erin[/name] [name]Juliet/name
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Delia[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Laine[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]

WDYT?
[name]Hope[/name] these help! :slight_smile:

I actually think [name]Elise[/name] Stadelmann sounds fine. It is isnt a toungue twister at all.
Off your list I like [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] or [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] the best.
Other names I could see paired with [name]Elise[/name]:
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Camille[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] these names together.
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Odette[/name]

Correct me if I’m wrong but your son and daughter are named [name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ayla[/name]? With the name [name]Elise[/name] it might be nice to use another vowel names, maybe an I or O.

[name]Bliss[/name],

[name]Elise[/name] Stadelman isn’t so bad. You love it. You should use it! And, [name]Elise[/name] is such a pretty name, if I must say so myself. [name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] is very pretty!

I think [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] is a pretty combination, and you could do something like [name]Gemma[/name] [name]Lillian[/name], to honor [name]Lia[/name], with [name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]. Or, you might want another A name, since you’d have [name]Evan[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], and [name]Elise[/name]. So, here are some I like:

[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name]

My favorites are [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name], [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name], and [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name]. [name]Do[/name] any of those appeal to you? An L middle name could honor [name]Lia[/name], so maybe [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Lilian[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Lucienne[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Laura[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], or something would appeal? I really like [name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], but [name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] would be cute, too.

I also think [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] would be gorgeous, and [name]Juliet[/name] honors [name]Lia[/name]'s birth month, [name]July[/name]. [name]Elise[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be pretty for the girls!

I love the name [name]Gemma[/name]!

[name]India[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are my favorites from your list.

[name]Gemma[/name] and [name]India[/name] are my favorite together. gorgeous! good luck !

Here’s what I like today!

[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Michaela[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]

Which onr do you think flows the best?

Here are my favorite combos for the twins. Vote on your favorite!

[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Jada[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Hannah[/name]

Hmmm…

[name]Elise[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are my favorites from your list! Beautiful!

[name]Elise[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] are my favorites for [name]Elise[/name] combos, and my favorite twin pairings are [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]…