I need opinions!

What is everyone’s opinion on the name [name_f]Analiese[/name_f]? I used to not like it, but I am beginning to warm up to it.

It’s not my favorite, but I appreciate how pretty it is and I would use a nn. Is [name_f]Analiese[/name_f] pronounced [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-lees or awna-lees? Either way I’d use [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or [name_u]Allie[/name_u] for a nn.I would spell it [name_f]Annaliese[/name_f] b/c with just one N it could be teasing potential for bullies. Maybe I am silly.

I don’t like it I think [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is better

I have always liked this name, though I get the impression it might be getting very common.

I think it sounds a bit frilly for my taste.

It’s a beautiful name, but please, on behalf of your future daughter, don’t ever spell it [name_f]Analiese[/name_f]. It’s just not cool.

I like it. I’d spell it [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]. I don’t get what the first poster said about one N causing teasing potential? Maybe I’m missing something? Idk.

@[name_f]Rhia[/name_f]- with just one N, there’s “Anal” at the beginning.

As for the name, I like it, though prefer it spelled [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Analiese[/name_f] and that spelling too!
Somebody said the one n has potential for teasing I don’t get that.

I like it, but wouldn’t spell it that way due to anal… [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] avoids that

Yeah, definitely add the double n :open_mouth:
Are you saying it the [name_m]German[/name_m] way - [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f], Uh-ne-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-ze, with both es being schwas, or how I guess it would be in English: [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-uh-LEES?

I think it’s lovely. I know a woman by this name who’s in her early 20’s and it fits her well.

I prefer the spelling [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].

Went into labor with my daughter planning on naming her [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].
She popped out, I took a look at her, and thought, ‘Nah, [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] is too pretty and frilly a name for this sassy girl!’
I made my husband run home and get the baby name book.

We ended up calling her [name_f]Annika[/name_f] nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f].
Similar sounds, but [name_f]Annika[/name_f] has a bit more fire.

Absolutely beautiful name for a girly girl though. I still love it.

I absolutely love the name - I think it’s beautiful! I prefer the spelling [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].

Leaving only one “n” spells anal and it doesn’t help that the next few letters can be pronounced “leez.” Kids who want to be cruel could call her anal-eez.

Tanks for the opinions everyone! @ashleyjuliette I like the second pronunciation better.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] the name, hate your spelling. I much prefer [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].

Sounds like almost everyone likes the double N spelling better, hmm.
To answer the people who asked, I like the English spelling better.
@lettucehead That’s such a cute story! I have a cousin named [name_f]Annika[/name_f].”