I need some new inspiration

Hey

So I haven’t had new girls ideas in so long. The same names come up again and again and I truly need some new ones.

My criteria -

1. Cannot start with LA or end in L (clashes with last name)
  2. Not [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand top 100 (if you are unsure here’s a link to check it against http://bounty.co.nz/pregnancy/baby-prep/baby-names)

Some names I’ve been loving lately -

Vintage -

• [name_f]Lori[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Annette[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Shelby[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Erica[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Liesl[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]/[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]

Modern -

• [name_m]Baker[/name_m] ([name_m]Baker[/name_m] is an honor name but I am obsessed)
  • [name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
  • Bexley
  • [name_f]Greer[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Denver[/name_u]

Naturey -

• [name_m]Cove[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Delta[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (as a middle name too popular as a first. It is also an honor name so if you know of a less popular alternative please let me know)

Others -

• [name_f]Viviana[/name_f]/[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]/[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Fenella[/name_f]

You have a wide range of names.

[name_f]Lori[/name_f] - I really like the name but think it’s more of a nickname for [name_f]Lora[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] or any other name beginning with Lor.
[name_f]Annette[/name_f] - I like this one too but not as much as [name_f]Lori[/name_f].
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the idea of this name but reminds me of the [name_u]Legend[/name_u] of [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] not that is a bad association.
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Edith[/name_f] especially with the nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f]. Would you use [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a nickname?
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] - Not a fan of [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]. Sorry.
[name_u]Shelby[/name_u] - I think it sounds dated but then again I know a woman called [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] in her late thirties.
[name_f]Liesl[/name_f] - Much prefer the [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] spelling. [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] looks more balanced somehow.
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] - Never been a fan of this name. Sounds harsh to me.
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Greta[/name_f] to [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f].
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] - I love this name but not the meaning, blind. I do love the name nickname [name_f]Cece[/name_f] as well.
[name_m]Baker[/name_m] - This is a only a surname to me. Maybe would use it in the middle name spot but as a surname.
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u] - Same as [name_m]Baker[/name_m].
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] - I don’t like this one either. It’s better a first name then [name_m]Baker[/name_m] or [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] would be though.
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u] - This one could work! Like the name [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and you could use [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] as a nickname.
Bexley - I think this one is ok. I still don’t like it though. Like the nickname Bex.
[name_f]Greer[/name_f] - After [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] this one is the best modern name I think.
[name_u]Denver[/name_u] - Reminds me of a name of the city.
[name_m]Cove[/name_m] - I think as a middle name it could be nice.
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - Really like this one.
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] - Pretty name as well.
[name_f]Delta[/name_f] - Not keen on this one just reminds me of a sorority in a college.
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] - Like this one too.
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one but since it’s so popular you could use it as a middle name. Have you considered [name_f]Rubina[/name_f]?
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - Same as [name_f]Viviana[/name_f].
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] - Reminds me of the corset for some reason.
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] - Also love this name.
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f] - Not keen on this name.

Some names you make like… [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Fionnuala[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Loretta[/name_f], [name_f]Lotus[/name_f], [name_f]Luciana[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rubina[/name_f].

Geographical differences are really noticeable when people label names! I would consider [name_f]Lori[/name_f], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_u]Shelby[/name_u], and [name_f]Erica[/name_f] to be “dated” rather than “vintage” and [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] and [name_u]Denver[/name_u] to also be a bit dated on boys rather than modern for girls. Funny how that works.

Anywho, from your list…
[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Erica[/name_f], [name_f]Greer[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], and [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]

The only one I really dislike is Bexley

Similar to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]: [name_u]Roux[/name_u], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], [name_u]Abby[/name_u], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

Other ideas for you…
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f]
[name_u]Ember[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Erin[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Colleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_f]Alexia[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynlee[/name_f]

My favorites from your list are [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_m]Cove[/name_m], and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. Here are some other names you may like.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lotus[/name_f]
[name_f]Petal[/name_f]
[name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Orchid[/name_f]
[name_f]Plum[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Isle[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_u]Fallon[/name_u]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Rafaella[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

Of your list, I like:
[name_f]Annette[/name_f]
Leisl
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (Prefer it spelled [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f])
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]

Dislikes:
[name_m]Baker[/name_m]*
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]*
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]*
Bexley*
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]*
[name_u]Denver[/name_u]*
[name_m]Cove[/name_m]*
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]*
[name_f]Delta[/name_f]*
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Fenella[/name_f]

*these are especially unbecoming for females, in my opinion.

All others are “meh” to me…

It’s probably an age thing too as I was born in 2000 so a lot of the popularity was decades before me.

Thank you guys for all your awesome suggestions!

Anyone else?

Anybody else?