I need some opinions...

My husband and I are both horror movie buffs and have always loved the name [name]Reagan[/name], the little girl’s name from The Exorcist. I really love the name but I’m really worried about the connection to [name]Ronald[/name] [name]Reagan[/name], who is a much disliked figure in my household. So, what do you think? [name]Do[/name] you think people would assume I named her after him or something? I really need your ideas on this one guys!

Well I’ve always liked the name [name]Reagan[/name] but I’m not too taken with the idea of naming a child after a character from a horror movie.

I also think that whilst people might not assume that you’ve named your daughter after the former president they will probably think of him before the character when they hear your daughter’s name.

If you don’t want people to associate her name with a politician you don’t like then I wouldn’t use the name [name]Reagan[/name], that’s just my opinion.

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

There’s a thread on [name]Reagan[/name] in the Girls’ Names section which may be helpful to you: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

I honestly can’t imagine growing up knowing I’d been named after a possessed child from a horror movie, but then again, some little girls may think it’s cool. Like Charile said, though, I do first think of [name]Ronald[/name] [name]Reagan[/name].

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

Personally I think of [name]Reagan[/name]/[name]Regan[/name] from [name]King[/name] Lear. She was one of [name]Cordelia[/name]'s older sisters. Not the nicest character in the world but when you name someone after something else, it becomes their name and their version of it anyway.

If you want to avoid some of the association with [name]Ronald[/name] [name]Reagan[/name], I would change the spelling to the Shakespearean [name]Regan[/name] - then go read [name]King[/name] Lear and maybe you can name her after that! Ha! Kidding…

My niece is named [name]Reagan[/name] and I never thought of the association. Her peers certainly won’t-because his presidency is so far in the past and no one talks about it anyway.

I think of the character in [name]King[/name] Lear who was very unpleasant. I’m afraid I don’t really like it as a name personally but it’s what you think that matters.

I grew up knowing a [name]Reagan[/name] and I never associated her name with [name]Ronald[/name] [name]Reagan[/name].