I need some thoughts

Hey everyone!

So I feel like my name taste has completely changed, because I’m noticing a pattern with names I’m in love with. They seem to be pretty dated… but I guess today that’s seen as sorta trendy? I don’t really know lol. Anything more “modern” I’ve been iffy about and only liking if it were in the middle spot.

So here are some names I’ve been loving for awhile and I wanna know your views! Bare with me, but here we go…

[name_f]Karen[/name_f] - I’ve said it before and I will say it again that I am in love with this name, and could totally see myself naming my future first daughter [name_f]Karen[/name_f]. I like a trendy middle name with this like [name_f]Karen[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] or [name_f]Karen[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. Not really looking for thoughts on this exact name, but just thought I’d share again. :slight_smile: Nickname would probably be [name_u]Kay[/name_u].

[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - I know, I know, this name has basically old lady written all over it lol. But for some weird reason, I love it. I have for years. If I had a daughter named [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], 90% of the time I’d call her [name_f]Babs[/name_f].

[name_f]Peggy[/name_f] - I adore [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] so much. I think it’s so cute and classy. Also side note love the [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] reference. But I know [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] is usually a nickname or what people go by with the full name [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] too! However, I feel if I had a daughter named [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], I’d be more inclined to call her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. So that’s why I lean to having [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] as a full on first name. I’d probably call her Pegs a lot. [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is my favorite combo I’ve come up with.

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] - Not sure how dated this name is exactly, but I think it’s so cute. I also really don’t like the name [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], so this is a perfect variation. [name_f]Cece[/name_f] would probably be the nickname.

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] - I think it’s so gorgeous but fun. Also [name_f]Dotty[/name_f] or [name_f]Dot[/name_f]. would be such a cute nickname for it.

These are the main names I’ve come up with that I actually really like. So you know, a pretty dated style. But what can I say, I love what I love.

I’m very open to some other name ideas that maybe haven’t crossed my mind yet. I like names that are full but can have more cutesy or fun style nicknames.

Let me know any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or combos you have! Try to have fun with my weird taste. :slight_smile:

Ranked:

1. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] ~ definitely the most modern, I think of [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] Strong
  2. [name_f]Karen[/name_f] ~ still seems like a “mom” name but it could come back with [name_f]Kara[/name_f], [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] and the like.
  3. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] ~ love the nickname options, maybe too tied to [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] of [name_m]Oz[/name_m] though
  4. [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] ~ I only really like it because I love the song “[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]”
  5. [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] ~ I like [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] but I hate nickname names

Interesting picks! To me, these mostly sound like “mom names”, especially [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] and [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] (not a fan).

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] are definitely my favorite picks, although I can’t really see [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] as a teenager though.

[name_f]Karen[/name_f] is a name that also sounds a little older to me, but would work better on a young girl than [name_f]Peggy[/name_f] or [name_f]Barbara[/name_f].