I need your brains Berries!

So my grandmother told me the other day that her grandmother (my great, great grandmother) was called [name]Lala[/name], obviously that is not her real name, but she doesn’t know what the real name is, so I was wondering what you berries think could be the real fn??

Maybe [name]Lavinia[/name]? [name]Laverne[/name]?

[name]Do[/name] you know what ethnic background your great, great grandmother might have been? That might help to determine what it could have been a short form of — although I will say that especially in the older days, the nickname may not have anything to do with what their birth name was. Examples from my own family tree: [name]Jenny[/name] (born [name]Juliann[/name]), [name]Eddie[/name] (born [name]Theophile[/name])

Maybe…
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Lara[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]

She would have been white and from Northern [name]Ireland[/name] but not necessarily Irish, if that makes any sense

IDK, but my great grandmother’s given name was [name]Lula[/name]. Not short for anything. Is it possible it WAS her full name?

[name]Louisa[/name] probably would have been a reasonably common name in that area

Hmm, I have no clue what it could be short for, but I always thought it was a cute nn for anything ending in -la. I wrote a story once that had a three-year-old named [name]Gabriella[/name], but she went by [name]Lala[/name] to her family (mainly because her twin couldn’t say [name]Gabriella[/name], haha). I always thought it would work for [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Leila[/name], [name]Gabriella[/name], etc. I really couldn’t predict what it would have been short for in her case, though.