I need your help!!

Okay, let’s see… I love the name [name]Aleah[/name] and [name]Maleah[/name] (Ma-[name]Lee[/name]-uh) and my hubby adores [name]Malayah[/name]/[name]Malaya[/name] (Ma-[name]Lay[/name]-Uh) but he wants to spell it [name]Maleah[/name] not [name]Malayah[/name]/[name]Malaya[/name]. I really want to spell the name like it sounds and I don’t want her to have to correct people her whole life and he can’t seem to understand that. What do you think? He won’t budge on any other name. It’s getting really annoying. So I am trying to think of others that are similar and see if he will budge. My favorite girl names at the moment are [name]Ariella[/name], [name]Aleah[/name] and [name]Maleah[/name]. I am trying to think of names that have [name]Leah[/name] ([name]Lee[/name]-Uh) or Layah (lay-uh) in them. But I can’t think of anymore. Help please!

If he wants it pronounced [name]Malaya[/name], I agree with you that he needs to spell it that way! Explain to him that if you spellin it [name]Maleah[/name], people will always see mal-ee-uh not ma-lay-uh and that although that may not bother him, it will bother his daughter for the rest of her life when no one can say her name right! For what it’s worth I think [name]Malaya[/name] is very pretty and I prefer that spelling to [name]Maleah[/name] anyway.

I also like [name]Aleah[/name] but I kind of like it spelt [name]Alia[/name] for the literary association. [name]Aleah[/name]'s pretty too though!

Other names with similar sounds:

[name]Leila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Leilani[/name]
[name]Soleil[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Leela[/name]
[name]Lelia[/name] (leel-ya)
[name]Lila[/name] ([name]Lee[/name]-la, can also be pronounced Lie-la)
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Alannah[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Alessia[/name] (uh-[name]LAY[/name]-see-uh)
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Alaina[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
Alanya
[name]Alizeh[/name]
[name]Alani[/name]
[name]Almira[/name]
Malaika
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Malin[/name]
[name]Malina[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Malvina[/name]

Best of luck!

I prefer [name]Alia[/name] or [name]Malia[/name] with the -leah pronounciation. [name]Malaya[/name] just doesnt sound right to me, it seems made up.