I need your thoughts on these 3 boys names (due in 6 weeks!)

These are my 3 final choices for boys names. I know they’re not everyones style but I love them. I also can’t decide on one.

[name]Oliver[/name]- I love this name. It’s very popular in the UK but not as much where I live (in [name]Canada[/name]) so it’s not overly trendy here. I think it’s stylish and classic at the same time however I’m not fond of the nn Oli and f I find this name somewhat preppy.

[name]William[/name]- Also love this name but it’s trendy, classic and popular all at once! I’m not sure what to think about this name. It’s so nice though…

[name]Judah[/name] ([name]Jude[/name])- I adore this name because I know it’s not ultra popular and it has such a great nn- [name]Jude[/name]. The [name]Judas[/name] association that religious people make doesn’t bother me in the least or think it ill ever come up where I live. Essentially it’s a non- issue. I’m just not sure what to think about this name though? My family doesn’t love it like I do…that’s the only problem.

What do you think about these names and do you think I would love any other names?

Thanks so much!

[name]Judah[/name] by far is your best pick. Such a great pick. [name]Jude[/name] is such a great nickname or even full name for a little boy aswell.

I am partial to [name]Oliver[/name], as my DS is named [name]Oliver[/name].

However, I also like [name]William[/name] and [name]Judah[/name] a lot.

Maybe you can wait until he is born to see what he looks like?

I think [name]Jude[/name] is a handsome name and I like [name]William[/name] too.

I love [name]Oliver[/name]! It’s a great choice.

Second place would be [name]Judah[/name] nn [name]Jude[/name]–also lovely.

[name]William[/name] is very classic but I know too many [name]Williams[/name] to really like the name. :frowning: Plus, I think it feels even more preppy than [name]Oliver[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Judah[/name] – I know a 6-year-old [name]Judah[/name] and he’s so darling! It’s unusual but has history so it’s not like the other trendy names of the day.

I know you said it doesn’t matter to you, but for what it’s worth, [name]Judah[/name] doesn’t really have [name]Judas[/name] connections. [name]Judah[/name] is a name in and of itself in the Old Testament: He was one of the 12 sons of [name]Jacob[/name], and hence one of the twelve tribes of [name]Israel[/name] as well. He was a positive figure (for the most part).
[name]Judah[/name] was also the name of one of the two kingdoms during the time that [name]Israel[/name] was divided.

[name]Judah[/name]/[name]Jude[/name]/[name]Judas[/name] are all the same name if you want to get technical, but [name]Judah[/name] only ever makes me think of the Old Testament figure.

So the point of all that was to further enforce what a cool name [name]Judah[/name] is! :slight_smile: [name]Love[/name] it!

I would go with:

[name]William[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] or
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]Judah[/name] [name]William[/name] sounds great!

I would nix [name]William[/name] because I know too many. :o(

I like [name]Oliver[/name], but not nearly as much as [name]Judah[/name]. Depends what you’re going for because the reason I like [name]Judah[/name] is because [name]Oliver[/name] sounds “softer”. If that is what you want, that is a great reason to choose [name]Oliver[/name] over [name]Judah[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are great.

I agree with [name]Judah[/name] [name]William[/name]! That goes so well together. [name]Judah[/name] is my favorite, I love the name [name]Jude[/name] and want to use it for a daughter one day. I wouldn’t worry about what your family thinks too much. It’s a great, strong name choice for a son and they will grow to love it as they love their grandson!

[name]Oliver[/name]: I love [name]Oliver[/name] so much. I think it’s so handsome…

[name]William[/name]: Ditto, and because it’s a classic, it doesn’t feel trendy to me, despite its popularity.

[name]Judah[/name]: I like [name]Judah[/name] a lot, but just love [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]William[/name] more. (I think it’s a great name, though…)

Great list!

Good luck! :slight_smile: