I really like the name, Reina / Renah

I was considering this name, It’s beautiful name. It means queen in Spanish. But, would be okay for me to use it. I’m African American (not that matters) but, and I don’t want my family & his making a big deal about the name I may choose. It’s not my first choice but, it’s in the list of names that I’m beginning to love. Will you think it’s going to be okay with the other names I have in mind?

Combo’s I came up with.
Reina Lilian
Reina Elise
Reina Brianne
Reina Noelle
Reina Madeline
Reina Brooklyn
Reina Michaela
Reina Gabrielle

The surname will be Terry…
Any thoughts or suggestions to the middle name or spelling are welcome.

Best wishes as you consider names!

I think it’s totally fine to use this name even if you’re from another culture. It’s a name with a lot of cross-cultural appeal - it sounds a lot lik [name]Lena[/name], also very cross cultural, and [name]Ray[/name] is such a familiar guys’ name. You could spell it [name]Rayna[/name] or [name]Reyna[/name] to make it a little less “obviously” Spanish, although even [name]Reina[/name] is fine. I wouldn’t use Renah, if I were you - it’s kind of confusing, and also looks more like [name]Ree[/name]-na (that prn is fine, but makes me think of renal, a term for the kidneys). I have friends of middle Eastern descent who just used this name.

I like it fine with the names you list for middles. The rhythm might be a little better with names that don’t end in -a. I really like [name]Reina[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] (I prefer the two L spelling, but, in the middle, it’s less concerning).

I might avoid place names because then it’s sort of like calling her “[name]Queen[/name] of” (i.e. [name]Reina[/name] [name]Brooklyn[/name],although the sound is fine).

You might be cautious with your last name, R3ina T3rry faintly evokes “reign of terror”, but only you can decide if it’s too close for comfort or not. I don’t really think it is.

[name]Do[/name] you like the related [name]Regina[/name]?

I think the name [name]Reina[/name] is beautiful, and used to be quite high up my favourites list but I don’t think it fits as well anymore.

[name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] has always been the combo I adored, so [name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeline[/name], which is very similar, is obviously my favourite on your list. I wouldn’t use a middle name that ends in an ‘a’ either because it doesn’t sound right with [name]Reina[/name].

[name]Brooklyn[/name] and [name]Brianne[/name] are very cheap and trashy to me, sorry.

[name]Reina[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is too ‘N’ heavy. [name]Reina[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Terry[/name] is pretty.

If the other names you are considering are [name]Arielle[/name], [name]Rylan[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] then I think I could definitely imagine sisters named [name]Arielle[/name] & [name]Reina[/name] but I’m having a hard time imagine those 2 girls names alongside possible brothers [name]Rylan[/name] and [name]Liam[/name].

[name]Arielle[/name], [name]Reina[/name] & [name]Xavier[/name] would be perfection though, so maybe [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Grayson[/name]? Also, I think [name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name] would be a much better fit into the potential sibset too. [name]William[/name] [name]Riley[/name] maybe? I also would never do [name]Reina[/name] & [name]Rylan[/name] either. [name]Rylan[/name] is trendy and doesn’t fit well at all.

[name]Reina[/name] is used in at least three different languages I can think of (Spanish, Yiddish, and Japanese) plus several more for the sounds-the-same [name]Raina[/name] and [name]Rayna[/name], and I think it has a fairly simple sound and international appeal.

I think its a pretty good choice for cross-cultural use, honestly, assuming you know most people in the US will think it flavours a little bit Spanish. I’m even from a Yiddish background where it means “pure” but when I said I was thinking of [name]Reina[/name] my own mother immediately said “that’s lovely, it means queen in Spanish!” lol

I like both the [name]Reina[/name] and [name]Raina[/name] spellings. It’s on my own shortlist but my husband favours [name]Raina[/name] so that’s likely what it will be. I can’t say I like Renah as much.

[name]Reina[/name] goes will with a lot of names but I tend to avoid ones that end in -a with it as it sounds repetitive.

[name]Reina[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name] and [name]Raina[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] are my favourites of yours.

On my list I had:

[name]Reina[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Reina[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]

I was going to pronounce it. [name]RAY[/name] -nah. It would be easier to pronounce. Do you think it’ll age well? I’m glad I’m getting everyone’s thoughts! it’s very helpful and it’s making it easier for me to make a decision. So, please keep going with the thoughts everyone!

I think [name]Reina[/name] is such a cute name! I like the -[name]RAY[/name] nah pronunciation. I really love [name]Reina[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]! It’s so pretty!