i really need some help naming my DD!

ok. so i have about 6 weeks to go and my daughter is nameless!! i like classic names that can have cute nicknames. my other children are anthony, rocco and isabella (we call her izzy for short.) :slight_smile:

some of the names iā€™m considering are:
charlotte (carly)
penelope (poppy)
caroline (carly)
violet (canā€™t think of a nicknameā€¦vivi?)
audrey (again, no nn)
adeline (addie)
evangeline (evie) (too fussy maybe?)
genevieve (evie)
emmaline (millieā€¦[name]LOVE[/name] this nn, but canā€™t think of many ways to get there. alsoā€¦i think this is too close to the super popular emily.)
amelia (millie)
serena (no nickname)

also, since my other kids have italian names, is it a must that this one does too> iā€™s hate to have painted myself into a corner hereā€¦

psā€¦i am open to ANY suggestions. our last name begins with ā€œP.ā€

[name]Camilla[/name] would go well with your other childrenā€™s names and give you the nickname [name]Millie[/name], though itā€™s not my favorite (I like it better pronounced ka-meel-a than ka-mill-a).

Here are some other wonderful names you might like:
(which are also the type of names that are used by lots of different ethnicities, and so in my opinion work with your other childrensā€™ names)

[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Lilliana[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]

I actually really like how your kids all have slightly Italian but still very mainstream names. I donā€™t think you have to follow the pattern, but it may be nice to find something that fits in if it works.

From the names you listed, these are my favourites with your other kids names:
charlotte (carly)
penelope (poppy) - although ā€œ[name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]ā€ is a mouthful, [name]Izzy[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] are good
caroline (carly)
amelia (millie)
serena (no nickname) - [name]LOVE[/name] with your other names

I also think jlmā€™s suggestion of [name]Camilla[/name] would go perfectly, and give you [name]Milly[/name] without using a popular [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Amma[/name] name. It also has that Italian touch.

Some other names you may consider:
[name]Calandra[/name] nn [name]Callie[/name], [name]Carly[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] nn [name]Livvie[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Liv[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name], [name]Trixie[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name], [name]Lola[/name]
[name]Katerina[/name] nn [name]Kitty[/name], [name]Kat[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] nn [name]Lucie[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name] nn [name]Nikki[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]

Good luck!

From your list and with your sibset, I like (I would avoid any A, R or I names):
[name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Evangeline[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name]).

I also like [name]Millie[/name]ā€¦you could go with [name]Camille[/name] (nn [name]Millie[/name]).

Other suggestions:
[name]Giovanna[/name], [name]Giada[/name], [name]Gianna[/name] - nn [name]Gia[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] - nn [name]Mira[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] - nn [name]Francie[/name] or [name]Frankie[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Lorenza[/name] - nn Enza
[name]Mattea[/name] - nn [name]Tea[/name] or [name]Matty[/name]
[name]Mariella[/name] - nn [name]Mari[/name]
[name]Mirabella[/name] - nn [name]Mira[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name]
[name]Vittoria[/name] - nn [name]Tori[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name] - nn [name]Etta[/name]

ok. so i have about 6 weeks to go and my daughter is nameless!! i like classic names that can have cute nicknames. my other children are anthony, rocco and isabella (we call her izzy for short.) :slight_smile:

some of the names iā€™m considering are:
charlotte (carly)
penelope (poppy)
caroline (carly)
violet (canā€™t think of a nicknameā€¦vivi?)
audrey (again, no nn)
adeline (addie)
evangeline (evie) (too fussy maybe?)
genevieve (evie)
emmaline (millieā€¦[name]LOVE[/name] this nn, but canā€™t think of many ways to get there. alsoā€¦i think this is too close to the super popular emily.)
amelia (millie)
serena (no nickname)

All the above names are lovely except I donā€™t really care for [name]Emmeline[/name]. My faves on your list are [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] (I also love [name]Audra[/name]), [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name]. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are very pretty, too.

also, since my other kids have italian names, is it a must that this one does too> iā€™s hate to have painted myself into a corner hereā€¦

I like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Audrey[/name] (maybe [name]Rey[/name] as a nn?), and [name]Serena[/name] (I am having the same problem with a nn for this one!)

Other ideasā€¦

[name]Alessia[/name], [name]Elena[/name], [name]Julianna[/name], [name]Annalisa[/name], [name]Marta[/name], [name]Greta[/name], [name]Giorgia[/name], [name]Arianna[/name], [name]Gaia[/name], [name]Gianna[/name], [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Ginevra[/name], [name]Lavinia[/name], [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Alana[/name], [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Eleonora[/name], [name]Milena[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Bianca[/name], [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Chiara[/name], [name]Simona[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Just[/name] thought of Gemmaline! Which is like your [name]Emmaline[/name] and also [name]Gemma[/name] which I love.

I like [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Carly[/name] but wouldnā€™t associate them together. lottie is such a cut nn for [name]Charlotte[/name] and I also like [name]Charli[/name]/ [name]Charley[/name]
I do like [name]Penelope[/name] but not really the nnā€™s. Again I wouldnā€™t associate [name]Penny[/name] with it. [name]Penny[/name] maybe?
[name]Caroline[/name] I donā€™t particularly like but do like [name]Carly[/name].
[name]Violet[/name] is cute, I would just nn [name]Vi[/name].
[name]Audrey[/name] is NMS at all sorry! I find it old-fashioned.
[name]Adeline[/name] is lovely, but [name]Adelaide[/name] I love better and NN [name]Addy[/name] I jut love!
[name]Evangeline[/name] I love too! NN [name]Evie[/name] is lovely
[name]Genevieve[/name] is too old for me.
[name]Emmeline[/name] is alright, if you want NN [name]Millie[/name] what about [name]Emilia[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name]?
[name]Amelia[/name] was right there under my nose lol sorry. I love [name]Amelia[/name] and Iā€™d use NN [name]Mia[/name] although [name]Millie[/name] works
[name]Serena[/name] is alright, donā€™t particularly likee it though, although I dso like [name]Serenity[/name], which I also think is more modern.

also, since my other kids have italian names, is it a must that this one does too> iā€™s hate to have painted myself into a corner hereā€¦[/quote]

[name]Carlotta[/name] is the Italian form of [name]Charlotte[/name], It is a lot more distinctive, just as beautiful and more easily gets you the nn [name]Carly[/name] that you like.

Ditto for [name]Violetta[/name].

[name]Melisande[/name] is also a beautiful name that sounds Mediterranean.

[name]Beatrice[/name] is a classic Italian name that comes with ready-made Italian nn [name]Bice[/name].

Have you considered [name]Florentina[/name]/[name]Florence[/name] (nn [name]Florie[/name], [name]Flossie[/name], [name]Tina[/name], etc.)?
Would be a lovely choice with [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and [name]Rocco[/name].

Or [name]Rosetta[/name] (nn [name]Rosie[/name])?
Or [name]Valentina[/name]?

P.S. I also love the previous suggestion of [name]Francesca[/name] (also a classic Italian name) with nn [name]Francie[/name].

I love your childrens names together.

From you list I really like the following names with your childrens names -

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] nn [name]Audie[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]

Carolotta is the Italian form of [name]Charlotte[/name], It is a lot more distinctive, just as beautiful and more easily gets you the nn [name]Carly[/name] that you like.

Ditto for [name]Violetta[/name].

[name]Melisande[/name] is also a beautiful name that sounds Mediterranean.

[name]Beatrice[/name] is a classic Italian name that comes with ready-made Italian nn [name]Bice[/name].

Have you considered [name]Florentina[/name]/[name]Florence[/name] (nn [name]Florie[/name], [name]Flossie[/name], [name]Tina[/name], etc.)?
Would be a lovely choice with [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and [name]Rocco[/name].

Or [name]Rosetta[/name] (nn [name]Rosie[/name])?
Or [name]Valentina[/name]?

P.S. I also love the previous suggestion of [name]Francesca[/name] (also a classic Italian name) with nn [name]Francie[/name].[/quote]

Great ideas! Especially love [name]Carlotta[/name]!

To go with your other childrenā€™s names, I like [name]Carolina[/name] (prn leena) better than [name]Caroline[/name]. You could still do [name]Carly[/name] as nn but also [name]Cara[/name] which I love.

OOps, I just corrected a typo in my prior post. (Itā€™s corrected now, but I had written Carolotta when it should have said [name]Carlotta[/name].) FYI.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I love carolina, but worry that ppl will constantly mispronounce it. [name]Francesca[/name] is another great possibility.
Keep ā€˜em cominā€™! :slight_smile:

Fwiw, we also considered [name]Luciana[/name], but I worry about mispronounciation. (We like the ā€œchā€ sound.)

[name]Hi[/name] there! :slight_smile: As much as I [name]LOVE[/name] the names youā€™ve listed, I do think that with three children having Italian names, youā€™ve started a theme, and I can best picture baby #4 with an Italian name (or at the very least, an exotic-sounding name), too.

[name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], andā€¦:

[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name] (Italian, and close to [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name])
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Mattea[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]
[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

[name]Non[/name]-Italian names that I can see with [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], And [name]Isabella[/name]:

[name]Audriana[/name] (and you could call her [name]Audrey[/name])
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]/[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] (not sure of its origins)
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] (seriously popular, though)
[name]Seraphina[/name]

Of course, if youā€™re comfortable using a non-Italian/exotic name, thatā€™s what matters! From the gorgeous names on your list, [name]Genevieve[/name] is my favorite. :slight_smile:

I can see an [name]Amelia[/name] being nicknamed the Italian [name]Mia[/name], and I think that would blend in perfectly with your childrenā€™s names.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile: