I really need suggestions!

[name]Hi[/name],
I have kind of a “different” situation". We are trying to adopt again, and we’ve had a couple of adoptions fall through right after the baby is born. The last situation, the birthmother decided to parent 1 day after we had the baby. It was a boy and we had chosen [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Alisdair[/name] [name]James[/name]. We also had an adoption with a little girl fall through and had chosen the name [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. Our son (who is also adopted) is 3 and his name is [name]Spencer[/name] [name]William[/name] Henrry…my question is this: We’ve just been contacted by our agency about a little girl who is a week old and the birthparents are going to make a decision in the next day or so…Is it wrong to use my “girl name” again? We associated that name with a certain baby…but it’s also a family name. [name]Helena[/name] is my hubby’s nan’s name and [name]Jane[/name] is my mom. I’m having a hard time coming up with names…but there are alot of girl names that I like. We should find out today or tmrw and then would have to fly to pick up the baby by friday…EEK! It would be amazing, but we NEED a name…just in case. Help!
[name]Luci[/name]

I’ve never been in this situation so I’m not sure but in my opinion it would absolutely be ok to use your girl name again. And [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is such a beautiful name! I know it was previously meant for another little girl but she has another name now and its not like you called her [name]Helena[/name] for a long period of time which may make it odd.

To me it would be similar to having a biological baby and having a girl name ready throughout the pregnancy but then having a boy, you could still save it for your next baby.

Can I just say also that [name]Spencer[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is such a handsome name! Best of luck with the adoption :slight_smile:

My initial reaction was that it would be too hard, but then I realized that you hadn’t actually had the first little girl, and that the names have a special meaning for you. It’s a really tough call, and maybe you’ll feel like you know better when you actually meet your new little girl.

I love [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name], by the way – which is also why I’m hesitant to tell you to start your search over. It’s such a pretty name!!

I agree with this. [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is gorgeous and if you love it it would be such a shame not to use it!

I really hope you get your baby this time.

Best wishes, [name]Ellie[/name].

Given that I’ve never experienced anyting like your situation I dont feel like I can tell you what to do. I think [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a beaufitul name though and it would be a shame not to use it. What about picking a different mn? Something [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Iris[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Eve[/name] would be lovely. You could even switch up the order of the names. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out for you!

This is what I thought of too: since [name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are family names keep those and choose a different middle name.

[name]Grace[/name] is also an extremely popular middle name currently.