I see a theme in my current faves...which do you like?

See the results of this poll: so many good names…which 3 are your favorite?

Respondents: 110 (This poll is closed)

• Katharine: 21 (19%)
  • Natalie(nn Nate): 15 (14%)
  • Talia: 16 (15%)
  • Calla: 20 (18%)
  • Scarlett: 22 (20%)
  • Katia: 16 (15%)

I voted for [name]Calla[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Katharine[/name], but I would have voted for [name]Talia[/name], too, if I could have voted for four names. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Talia[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Katharine[/name] (in that order). I really couldn’t help myself on the [name]Katharine[/name]. That is my name exact spelling and all (the same a [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn). I absolutely love my name, but I don’t think I would use it even if it weren’t my name.

I have always loved the [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn spelling of the name!
[name]Katharine[/name]- why wouldn’t you use the name [name]Katharine[/name]? What are the drawbacks?

[name]Natalie[/name], [name]Katharine[/name], and [name]Calla[/name] . . . all beautiful.

[name]Katharine[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name]! All lovely:)

I posted on your thread about [name]Katia[/name] as a nn. I think that nicknames are really the only major drawback in my opinion. I go by [name]Katharine[/name] now, but because my parents “saddled” me with the nn [name]Katie[/name] so early on and never used my fn, it was very difficult for me to shed the nn that I never felt suited me. To this day my family still calls me [name]Katie[/name]. The funny thing is that they all also say that [name]Katharine[/name] suits me better, they just can’t get used to calling me that! Blah…

But as for why I would not use it, that is just a style thing. I am attracted to the names that most would likely consider “frilly” (my DD is [name]Lilianna[/name] Lareese). That really is the only reason. But, I can tell you that I really do like my name on me! ([name]Just[/name] not [name]Katie[/name])

OK, I am really leaning toward [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Italia[/name] Z----ner.

I will use the nn [name]Katia[/name] which is the [name]Kat[/name]- from [name]Katharine[/name] and the -ia from [name]Italia[/name](my favorite country and half of the baby’s heritage).
What do you think?

I like the name and [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Talia[/name] were my choices above. My only thing is that it seems a little long. Also, I wonder if it would be better with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Italia[/name] switched.

[name]Katharine[/name] [name]Italia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] Z----ner

Hmmm… I like the look of [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Italia[/name] better, but it seems a little heavy on the T’s with [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Italia[/name].

Personally, I would likely drop one of the middle names. If you did that I like the flow and look of [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] better, but I like the meaning of [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Italia[/name] and the fact that it gives more meaning to nn [name]Katia[/name]. [name]Both[/name] sound nice.

I really don’t think that you could go wrong with any of the variations, it really just comes down to what feels best in your heart. And [name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Italia[/name] is lovely.

[name]Katia[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Calla[/name]. In that order.

I like the name [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name]. [name]Just[/name] know that she is going to have a lot of misspellings if you spell it with an A. [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn is one of my all time favorite actresses! Are you pronouncing [name]Katia[/name]: [name]Kat[/name]-tee-ah or [name]Kat[/name]-jah?

Actually, there are going to be misspellings with the name in general. I guess that is an additional drawback I forgot to include above. Ask any [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Kathryn[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name]… if everyone spells their name right and you will get a unanimous NO. With so many different spellings, no one ever uses the right one all the time.

It was annoying, but it’s okay now, I got used to it.

As far as pronunciation goes, I say [name]Katia[/name] like [name]Kat[/name]-ee-ah, with an emphasis on the [name]Kat[/name], but it blurs kind of fast where you kind of can’t tell if it’s 2 syllables or 3.

I know that a girl named [name]Katharine[/name] will probably have a lot of misspellings but don’t most names these days with all the creative spelling going on?

I do have a concern that she will not be able to find preprinted custom souvenirs with her spelling. I would love to give my child a unique name but I remember in junior high how important it was to me to feel included in the souvenir aisle. It’s an insecure time of life where you want to fit in and feel normal so I am conscious of that in my naming…

I voted for in order of favorites [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], and [name]Katharine[/name].

The voting confirms my top choices…
[name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
or
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]
I think I would be happy with either.