I see Emmeline mentioned here a lot ...

but has anyone actually pulled the trigger and named their child that? If so, do people have a hard time with pronunciation? And does it get shortened to [name]Em[/name]?

I’ve had this obsession with E names lately, and am really liking [name]Emmeline[/name]. But I worry that she’ll get lost in the [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name] crowd …

I have always loved this name. Our daughter is named [name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] after her grandmother, we also seriously considered [name]Emmeline[/name], it’s beautiful. Our [name]Emma[/name] is 12 and she is the ONLY [name]Emma[/name] in her grade, I know it has become popular since she was born but don’t let that scare you away from a beautiful name. I love it!!

I love [name]Emmeline[/name], but if you’re concerned about the other [name]Em[/name] names, I think that’s important. I’ve always pronounced it (and heard it) as [name]Emma[/name]-line, but I know [name]Emma[/name]-lynn and [name]Emma[/name]-leen are used, too. If not for the pronunciation issues, I’d definitely use it! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I think it’s very pretty, I didn’t realize until recently it was supposed to be pronounced [name]Emme[/name]-[name]LINE[/name], I’ve always thought it as [name]Emme[/name]-lynn. [name]Haven[/name]'t used it though and don’t know if I could get DH to agree.

I love [name]Emmeline[/name], but my husband vetoed it for exactly that reason, too similar to [name]Emily[/name] and therefore not interesting/unusual enough.

I’ve always heard it as [name]Emma[/name]-leen where I live because of [name]Emmeline[/name] Pankhurst (wonderful namesake to have!!!)

Iabsolutely love [name]Emmeline[/name]! I am thinking of naming my daughter [name]Claire[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]!..Call her [name]Emmie[/name] for short? ;o)

I pronounce it em-uh-leen. I think its great, though with the popularity of [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name], I do think its a valid concern. She’s bound to get [name]Emme[/name] (which I also happen to adore) and [name]Em[/name], which would filter into the many, many others alongside her.

Still, its a pretty great name.

I saw [name]Emmeline[/name] on here and gave it to my daughter as a middle name 12 weeks ago. I think it’s beautiful.