I stole her baby name...

Well sort of. My cousin and I are both pregnant (I am due in [name]September[/name] she is due in [name]October[/name]) I finally told people which name I am going to use ([name]William[/name] [name]Rohan[/name]) and now my cousin has to find a new name for the male half of her twins. We seriously hadn’t ever talked names so it wasn’t on purpose and she hadn’t told anyone her name of choice. But now they need to figure out a new name.
Her other children are named:
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Owen[/name] nn [name]Matty[/name] (6)
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name]-[name]Jack[/name] (3)
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]James[/name] nn [name]Luca[/name] (2)

and the girl twin is going to be named:
[name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] nn [name]Cait[/name].

They need to find a name that looks and sounds good with [name]John[/name] as a middle name and have the possibility for a cute middle name. Thanks.

I think the following would work well with her other children’s names :
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Alex[/name] (or [name]Andy[/name], if they prefer), or perhaps even [name]Alexei[/name] (A-lex-ee)
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Art[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Ben[/name], [name]Benji[/name], [name]Jam[/name] (haha)
[name]Charles[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] - admittedly not the absolute best flow, perhaps [name]Charles[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]? I don’t think it’s all that bad, though, certainly not bad enough to stop them using [name]Charles[/name].
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Joe[/name], [name]Joey[/name], JJ
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Oz[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name] [name]John[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name] (or perhaps [name]Tobin[/name] [name]John[/name], but then they would have three names ending in N)
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]John[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]John[/name] lack on the nickname front, but are nevertheless very handsome.

Best wishes to your cousin, [name]Auburn[/name].

What are you going to call your baby? It looks like your cousin likes nicknames for her children. Maybe your babies could both be [name]William[/name], but have different nicknames. It’s nice that she is willing to choose another name, and that you are helping her. I’m sure the two of you will find the right name. Great minds think alike! I think that [name]John[/name] would make a good first name, if she’s willing to find a new middle.

What about:
[name]Johnathon[/name]/[name]John[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Chas[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]/[name]Harry[/name] or [name]Hank[/name]
[name]George[/name]/[name]Geo[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]/[name]Petey[/name]
[name]James[/name]/[name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Robert[/name]/[name]Bert[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]/[name]Hitch[/name]
[name]Leon[/name]/[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]/[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]/[name]Benjy[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]/[name]Joey[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]/[name]Danny[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name]/[name]Tim[/name]

My son is going to be named [name]William[/name] [name]Rohan[/name] and she was hoping to call hers [name]William[/name] [name]John[/name]. It was so funny because we have been pregnant at the same time twice before and we swore we wouldn’t speak names until we had chosen ours for sure so that we wouldn’t ‘steal’ a name. We have never even been close with names.
I will pass on your list thanks.

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Marshall[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]

My son is going to be named [name]William[/name] [name]Rohan[/name] and she was hoping to call hers [name]William[/name] [name]John[/name]. It was so funny because we have been pregnant at the same time twice before and we swore we wouldn’t speak names until we had chosen ours for sure so that we wouldn’t ‘steal’ a name. We have never even been close with names.
I will pass on your list thanks.[/quote]

I think what aok means is that a [name]William[/name] and a [name]William[/name] might be ok in the same family if they were called [name]Will[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] or whatever. Have you guys talked about nicknames?

We try not to repeat names in our immediate family. I will probably call my son [name]Will[/name] or [name]Wills[/name] to go with [name]Theo[/name] ([name]Theodore[/name]) and [name]Lenny[/name] ([name]Evelyn[/name]). My cousin was going to use [name]Billy[/name].
She isn’t upset, just needs a name that looks good and sounds good with [name]Cait[/name]/[name]Caitlin[/name].

Although I do like [name]Alexander[/name] ([name]Alex[/name]) and [name]Andrew[/name] ([name]Drew[/name]) I think [name]Liam[/name] is very similar to [name]William[/name] yet not at all the same, and it is cute without a nickname.

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Keiran[/name]
(Sorry for any repeats)
But some of these may be a bit hard for nn’s.

Ehh, I must be the only one who doesn’t like the name [name]John[/name] (used anywhere), with a brother named [name]Jack/name. Oh well.
[name]Both[/name] of you have great names for your kids.
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Garrett[/name] [name]John[/name] ‘[name]Rhett[/name]’
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]John[/name] ‘[name]Harry[/name]’
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Zachary[/name] [name]John[/name]

[name]Peter[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]George[/name] or [name]Robert[/name] seem like natural subs for [name]William[/name]. [name]Cait[/name] and [name]Rob[/name] would be awfully sweet! Or [name]Bobby[/name]!

My cousin and I got together for lunch today and came up with a list of baby names:

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]John[/name] - nn [name]Alex[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] [name]John[/name] - nn [name]Dan[/name]/[name]Danny[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]John[/name] - [name]Andy[/name]/[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name] [name]John[/name] - [name]Timmy[/name]/[name]Timo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]John[/name] - [name]Nate[/name]
[name]Garrett[/name] [name]John[/name] - [name]Rhett[/name]/[name]Gare[/name]
[name]Westley[/name] [name]John[/name] - [name]West[/name]

Which ones do you like? Which ones match with her other children’s names?

[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Owen[/name] (matty)
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] (jack-jack)
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]James[/name] (luca)
[name]Caitlin[/name] [name]Mary[/name] ([name]Cait[/name])

oh and someone mentioned [name]John[/name] as the first name… [name]John[/name] and [name]Cait[/name] as twins might not be great… plus 8! lol

My favourites are definitely [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Timothy[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]. Handsome, strong and classic with great nickname options. My favourites with [name]John[/name] are [name]Timothy[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name], but all three work well in my opinion.

[name]Westley[/name] doesn’t feel as strong as her other children’s names to me, and while [name]Daniel[/name] is a classic it feels a little plain to me personally.

I’d avoid [name]Andrew[/name] as it ends the same way as [name]Matthew[/name]. [name]Garrett[/name] feels less classic to me than her other choices, especially [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name], and aside from the fact that it makes me think ‘attic’, it might be TT overkill with [name]Matthew[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] go really well with the others but [name]Cait[/name] and [name]Nate[/name] just aren’t doing it for me. Maybe [name]Cait[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Cait[/name] and [name]Nat[/name], [name]Cait[/name] and [name]Niel[/name]? I also think [name]Garrett[/name] would be perfect.