I think it is time to ask for help

We have a baby boy coming soon. DH has not been very helpful with names, and I find myself running in circles. The few names I have so far are

[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Westley[/name]
[name]Watson[/name]

DH likes

[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Keith[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]

I hate his choices.

We have a DD named [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]. I love her name. It did take me a little while to warm up to her first name but I love it now. If this was another girl I would have pushed for [name]Moira[/name]. I do love that one still, someone should use it…

I do not love any of the names I have listed, but I do like them, I have tried to put a middle name with them to see if that helps them sound more finished and I haven’t gotten far. So far I considered

[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]August[/name] and DH’s name choices.

I am having a hard time coming up with options to add the the list. Any ideas? is the name right there and I just don’t see it? or is this list good enough to take with us to the hospital and see what we like when he gets here?

Thank you

[name]Loren[/name] is the first suggestion that came to mind, has a similar sound to [name]Soren[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]. Also the name [name]Cole[/name] (coal), to go along with sister [name]Garnet[/name]. I love [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], by the way.

I absolutely love [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]August[/name] from your lists! I really like the option of [name]Spencer[/name] [name]August[/name]. [name]Spencer[/name] is on my own short list ([name]Spencer[/name] [name]Ezra[/name] [name]Gray[/name]). I find it a bit hard to pair up–it took me forever to settle on a combo! I liked [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Amadeus[/name] [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Gray[/name], too. ([name]Gray[/name] would have been in honor of my grandma.) I like [name]Soren[/name] a bit, too.

What about:

[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (too gem-y?)
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] (I think [name]Garnet[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] would be really nice together!)

Good luck!

[name]Garnet[/name] is really pretty. Here are some ideas that maybe you will like based on your choices as well as your hubby’s…

[name]Weston[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Jett[/name] (love this with [name]Garnet[/name] sticking with the gem/stone theme)
[name]Flint[/name] " "
[name]Jasper[/name] " "
[name]Kyan[/name]
[name]Whitman[/name]
[name]Axel[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]

I love [name]Nolan[/name]!

I don’t think I want to create a geology theme and so names like [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Flint[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] are out. [name]Loren[/name] is not a bad choice I could present that to DH. [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Magnus[/name] are great names. I know I can’t get away with [name]Magnus[/name] but I will add [name]Weston[/name] to the list for DH. I really like [name]Soren[/name] but can’t find a MN that goes with it. I keep coming up with names that also end in ‘n’ and I think that sounds odd. [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Nolan[/name] might be a good compromise between me and DH. But again just feel meh about it.

The one name that comes to mind is [name]Kieran[/name].

Thank you for the compliment on my daughter’s name. I do feel some pressure to give my son an equally awesome name. I love your name list! I will be over there reading that thread for a bit! :slight_smile:

Like [name]Soren[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]:

[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]

Like [name]Westley[/name] and [name]Weston[/name]:

[name]North[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]

Other:

[name]Anders[/name]
[name]Torin[/name]
Beckner
[name]Heath[/name]

PS [name]Moira[/name] is the name of the vampire mom from [name]Adams[/name] family. I really don’t like it. Girls names I like with [name]Garnet[/name] are [name]Marit[/name], [name]Beryl[/name], [name]Sage[/name] and [name]Sable[/name].

Morticia is the mom from Addam’s family…not [name]Moira[/name].

[name]Soren[/name] has the strength to go with [name]Garnet[/name]. I would give your dh a name off his list for the mn then.

[name]Soren[/name] [name]Trevor[/name] and [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] sound just like brother and sister.

Names you might add that that seem to be in keeping with your and/or dh’s taste:
[name]Calder[/name], [name]Tristan[/name], [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Fifer[/name], [name]Talon[/name], [name]Easton[/name], [name]Saxon[/name], Merrick

I agree with notcinnamon, I really like [name]Soren[/name] - and [name]Soren[/name] [name]Trevor[/name] sounds nice.

I have to agree as well. [name]Soren[/name] [name]Trevor[/name] is a great name. I put it on the list, and will see what DH thinks. Thank you so much for all your help!

I love [name]Spencer[/name], [name]August[/name], and [name]Owen[/name]! I am not really familiar with [name]Soren[/name], but think it would go great with your daughter’s name.

Firstly, I think [name]Garnet[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] is an excellent choice.

Hmm. I agree that [name]Soren[/name] would be a good choice; I think that in terms of quirkiness, it fits well with [name]Garnet[/name], but whereas [name]Garnet[/name] is gutsy, [name]Soren[/name] seems softer to me. However, nonetheless, I think [name]Soren[/name] could be a good choice. Have you considered [name]Soren[/name] [name]August[/name]? [name]Soren[/name] [name]Trevor[/name], as a previous poster mentioned, would also be a good choice.

I think that many of the names you listed are too tame to be paired with [name]Garnet[/name], even though they are all respectable names.

Here are some suggestions:

[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Bruce[/name]
[name]Caledon[/name]
[name]Cobalt[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Ephraim[/name]
[name]Finch[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Loring[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name], [name]Lucien[/name]
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Ogden[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Prosper[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]
[name]Rigby[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Sylvan[/name]
[name]Thayer[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name]

I hope that helps!

So after some discussion DH and I compromised with [name]Spencer[/name]. I am happy with the name, I still like [name]Soren[/name] a bit more but we all need to be happy.
It was pointed out to me that [name]Spencer[/name] is also a girls name. really? there is some girl on tv with the name spencer. Should I care?
I am bothered by the boy names on girls more than I should be probably.

[QUOTE=greencows;1415448]So after some discussion DH and I compromised with [name]Spencer[/name]. I am happy with the name, I still like [name]Soren[/name] a bit more but we all need to be happy.
It was pointed out to me that [name]Spencer[/name] is also a girls name. really? there is some girl on tv with the name spencer. Should I care?
I am bothered by the boy names on girls more than I should be probably.[/QUOTE

[name]Spencer[/name] is a boys name. There was a show called [name]Spencer[/name] For Hire from back in the day, the lead male character was very male. Unfortunately there will be girls named [name]Spencer[/name] though as there’s people who like to give their daughters boys names which just mystifies me. [name]Spencer[/name] is a great compromise!

I love [name]Spencer[/name], [name]Trevor[/name], [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]!

[name]Owen[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]August[/name]
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Corbin[/name] (not a fan of [name]Westley[/name], but i like [name]Wesley[/name])
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Watson[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]

Have the best flow among the possible combinations

I should have read all the posts first, just saw you chose [name]Spencer[/name], excellent choice!

Along with [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Watson[/name], I also think these are nice together:

[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Trace[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Marshall[/name]

[name]Spencer[/name] is the name of a girl on a popular teen show, so I think it will be increasingly popular for girls, if that bothers you.