I think we finally found THE ONE

We were torn between so many girl’s names! We wanted something to be unique, not very popular, strong, and also classic. We also wanted to honor both of our great grandmothers’ names, [name]Irene[/name] and [name]Phyllis[/name]. Our baby girl’s name is:

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] Hicks

[name]Iris[/name] combines [name]IRene[/name] and [name]PhyllIS[/name], and we have been in love with the name [name]Serena[/name] as soon as we found out she is a girl. My mother hates the name [name]Serena[/name]… she thinks it is too ‘girly’ and doesn’t go well with her daughters name ([name]Mychael[/name]), but it is our daughter and she will get used to it eventually! Of course, I am only 6 months along, so if something crazy happens and she pops out not looking like a ‘[name]Serena[/name]’ at all, we have a few back up names.

What do you think? [name]Do[/name] you think it will age well? Im excited to start coming up with cute little nicknames once she is born. :slight_smile:

The [name]Irene[/name] + [name]Phyllis[/name] = [name]Iris[/name] is quite clever!

Oh [name]Iris[/name] was a very clever way to combine the 2 names!

I think [name]Serena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is lovely!

[name]Love[/name] the [name]Iris[/name] combination! I know from experience how difficult the name [name]Phyllis[/name] can be to work with. [name]Serena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is very cute!

I have loved [name]Selena[/name] a very long time so I think [name]Serena[/name] shows very good taste! :wink:

[name]Iris[/name] is a clever way to combine [name]Irene[/name] (my own grandmother’s name, I might file this!) and [name]Phyllis[/name], which is not the easiest name to work with. It’s also a beautiful flower, and who doesn’t like rainbow goddess symbolism?

[name]Serena[/name] is lovely, and I love your [name]Iris[/name] idea.

I love the name! So pretty and with great meaning. I think it will age well, and your mom will get used to it eventually. Stay strong :wink: I have similar problems with every name I suggest to my mom. But she likes my son’s name now, and she’ll learn to like whatever I choose for my next little one :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Serena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] and it isn’t a name that will date or be tied to any particular era since it isn’t widely popular but also isn’t unheard of. It has such a pretty gentle meaning which is always a plus.

[name]Serena[/name] is a great name. Ignore any doubters, she is after all your daughter.
[name]Iris[/name] is definately THE one. Good job of blending the names and finding one so lovely!

emilaj

I like it but I had a hard time saying it out loud. [name]Iris[/name] and Hicks kind of smushed.

[name]Serena[/name] is a name that should age very well. To me, it is a more mature name to start off with so don’t have any worries about it not wearing well into womanhood.

Absolutely lovely! : D.

I think it’s gorgeous! I know the most beautiful girl named [name]Serena[/name], I really like the name. I also love [name]Iris[/name], and especially like that it honours your great-grandmothers :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about your mother. It’s YOUR baby, so YOU get to name it! She’s named her babies already. She’ll fall in love with her grand-daughter, and forget about the name :slight_smile:

Oh, I adore [name]Serena[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. Great choice. :slight_smile:

[name]Lovely[/name]. I think you have made a wonderful choice!

I think it’s a beautiful name, and I love the meaning :slight_smile:

[name]Serena[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is lovely! Stunning, actually. I would love to meet a little [name]Serena[/name], and I love the way you combined [name]Irene[/name] and [name]Phyllis[/name] to get [name]Iris[/name]… :slight_smile:

All the best!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]SERENA[/name]!!! That is all. :slight_smile:

lovely…

Beautiful! I love [name]Serena[/name], it was my great, great grandmother’s name… And what a wonderful pairing with [name]Iris[/name]!!