I’ve lost hope

Hi everyone, I hope you’re having a great day! This is my first time here and even though I am not expecting a baby I’ve always been into baby names. As indecisive as I am I can not seem to set on one so this is why I’m asking for your advice.
What are your thoughts on [name_u]Landon[/name_u] for a baby boy? This name has grown on me lately but what is holding me back from making it official is that I’m not from an English speaking country so people may not understand or spell it wrong. Should I forget about this name or match it with a middle name that brings back to my Italian roots? Maybe something such as [name_m]Duccio[/name_m] could solve the problem?

1 Like

I used to hate the name [name_u]Landon[/name_u], but now I know a really nice guy named [name_m]Landen[/name_m], so I like it :joy:. I think that you should go for it! And [name_m]Duccio[/name_m] would be a super cool middle!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Landon[/name_u] is a very handsome name, but I live in the US, so I really can’t say how it would wear in a non-[name_f]English[/name_f] country. I know that [name_f]English[/name_f] names are used in other countries, including [name_f]Italy[/name_f], and [name_u]Landon[/name_u]'s sounds are pretty simple, which makes me more inclined to say go for it… But I don’t know. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Maybe @anon68906791 and @Estrela could weigh in on the use of [name_f]English[/name_f] names in other countries?

3 Likes

What about [name_m]Lando[/name_m]? I’m guessing you’re Italian as you asked about Italian middle names, and although I don’t know much about [name_f]Italy[/name_f] I know it’d work in a Spanish speaking country.

2 Likes

Welcome to Nameberry, @sundaybible!

Landon seems pretty straightforward to me. As @elanorelle said, the sounds are pretty simple and also present in many other languages, including Italian. I certainly think you can use it.

Duccio is amazing, by the way!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Landon[/name_u]! It’s a very handsome name.

1 Like

I’ve always liked [name_u]Landon[/name_u]! I think it’s handsome, sweet, and friendly. I love the suggestion of [name_m]Lando[/name_m] too!!

Duccio is so lovely, by the way! [name_u]Landon[/name_u] [name_m]Duccio[/name_m] sounds great!!

1 Like

@dogs_books @elanorelle @lucyxo @katinka @BookSneakersMovie @anon68906791 @regionlatbest thank you all so much for the replies! Hopefully I’ll make up my mind soon

2 Likes

Landon is a very nice name for a boy.

But unfortunately, I don’t think [name_u]Landon[/name_u] is a very internacional name. I believe the youngest generations will know how to pronounce it, but I think the oldest generations will not find [name_u]Landon[/name_u] an easy name to pronounce or spell.
That may depend on where you live now, though.

1 Like

@Estrela I completely get what you’re saying, it was one of the things I was most worried about and thank you for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

@12queen Thank you for the feedback, I’ll keep your words in mind!

1 Like

I’m from [name_f]England[/name_f]. For me I feel it’s too close to [name_u]London[/name_u]. Also if you have Italian roots there are many many gorgeous Italian boys names that i would be encouraged to use!

1 Like

@Artemis31 I know right? I thought choosing an international name instead of a classic one would be an interesting twist but I‘m not so sure anymore

I can see why you would like too. I just think of all the super handsome, Italian boy names, you have the perfect reason to use one given as you say, you have Italian roots.
For instance, I have used traditional [name_f]English[/name_f] middle names for my boys, my partner has Scottish heritage so we will be using a Scottish middle name if our third is a boy.