I wish we could just decide! 2 names and a few weeks to go.

So I have posted a few times before about my name choices and I am annoying myself :slight_smile: I realize a lot of people either love or hate these names which is fine. We are still down to two names and I am not sure if just meeting her in a few weeks will make it easier to make our decision. It is nice to be down to 2 names but it is still such a hard decision! The first name is the most important obviously. I am liking them both pretty equally these days! Our daughter is [name]Camille[/name] but I am not as concerned about the flow of the sibset.

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]

OR

[name]Hazel[/name] (still unsure of middle name)
but possibly: [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aster[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] ([name]Corinna[/name] was our 3rd name choice)
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Adair[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Helene[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] ???

[name]Hazel[/name] is a family name (which is not really that important to me but a fact), we seem to get better reactions to this name. I do not know anyone who has personally used this name but friends of friends know a couple [name]Hazel[/name]'s, etc.

I like that it is vintage-y, nature-y, classic with a modern twist and a little spunky. But the biggest thing holding me back is the fact that it is getting to be much more popular and may only be increasing in popularity especially in the city we live in and in general. It was 48/100 last year and I hear it a lot (maybe bc I am paying more attention) in the community. Before it was popular, it was just a name I really really liked. If it wasn’t so popular, I think it would make it easier to decide.

[name]Willa[/name]. I like that it is short, sweet, funky, feminine and vintage-y. It just has a lot of appeal to me. It is much less common and I like that is much more unique which makes it more appealing. I know it’s a name that people either like or don’t but I think it is a name than will grow on people. I like the literary connection.

I just don’t want to regret it either way and it is so hard to know what is best! Maybe seeing her face will help :slight_smile: Thanks for letting me share my process.

I suggest [name]Helena[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Leona[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
Vintage Baby Names For Girls - List | Nameberry.com
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Briar[/name]
Nature Baby Names - List | Nameberry.com

[name]Both[/name] are great choices, I think you should wait and see her to decide!

That being said, [name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] is the name I would pick personally. You get the more unique first name that you love and seem to prefer slightly (If only for the fact that it’s less popular) but also get to honor family and yet another name you love with [name]Hazel[/name] in the middle :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]!! [name]Both[/name] [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] were on my favorite name list, they are beautiful together.

I like that combo too! But how often do you remember or hear someone’s middle name, ya know? I just hope I don’t regret not using [name]Hazel[/name], the name I loved first. Ahhh! Thank you! I feel so indecisive. Naming my daughter was so much easier! :slight_smile:

I’m not a big fan of [name]Willa[/name], it just doesn’t have the grace that [name]Willow[/name] has for me. I know you didn’t ask for any first names, but I can’t help but mention that you might the like name [name]Fern[/name] as well, which didn’t chart at all.

Anyway, out of you choices, I definitely like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Adair[/name] the best. I think it has the best flow. However, I can’t help but find the overall feel of the name a little bit masculine, mainly because neither name is super feminine. Perhaps something like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Allaire[/name] would appeal to you? I think that [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] flow better than [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Helene[/name] as too many similar sounds.

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Gracia[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Carlotta[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Justine[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Verity[/name] (or [name]Verity[/name] [name]Hazel[/name])
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Isadora[/name] (or [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Hazel[/name])
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Callista[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Chloe[/name]

[name]Both[/name] are very pretty! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]!!! And it’s a family name, so my vote is for [name]Hazel[/name]. It’s on my list too, but not sure I can use it because my last name ends in “el.” Good [name]Luck[/name]!!!

I really love [name]Hazel[/name]! And I haven’t heard it on anyone (I’m around a lot of kids). That being said, go with the one you love the most. I don’t think [name]Hazel[/name] is destined for the top 10. I could be wrong though. I know exactly how you feel! I’m stuck between 2 names, and it’s driving me mad. I’m due in a little over a month. I keep telling myself to wait for delivery and I’ll know. But it’s against my nature as a planner! Good luck!

[name]Corinna[/name] is by far my favorite of your name choices! So gorgeous and rarely heard. [name]Willa[/name] would be my second choice, but I honestly don’t love [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Hazel[/name].

I would say go for [name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], that way you get the name you love ([name]Willa[/name]) and are honoring family with the use of [name]Hazel[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] is a beautiful name! Good luck!

If you really love it I’d use [name]Hazel[/name]. It might gain some popularity. But I can’t see it in the top 10 or even 50.

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Adair[/name] is just so gorgeous. And [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] is lovely as well.

If it were me, I’d go with [name]Hazel[/name].

When I read your posts I keep thinking your first daughter is [name]Camilla[/name] rather than [name]Camille[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Camilla[/name]! yikes! But even [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Camille[/name] are a bit close for my taste.

I have never met a [name]Hazel[/name] before, FWIW. I don’t much like [name]Willa[/name], but it’s not bad.

I agree with the pp, [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Adair[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] are the best options from your list, [name]IMO[/name]. They are lovely. Good luck!

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] is gorgeous.

Thank you all for your honest opinions!

[name]Willa[/name] is my favorite. However, I do like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name].

I agree with this.

I think it will be between [name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Corinna[/name]. But still not much closer to deciding. Maybe meeting her will help!

But I do wish [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Willa[/name] sounded okay together!

I personally prefer [name]Willa[/name], but don’t let the #48 spot of [name]Hazel[/name] freak you out. Honestly, I would wait until you meet her. There’s no rush.

I really like [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Hazel[/name] is lovely but I think it is becoming common, [name]Willa[/name] is much more special imo.