I would love to hear what you think of our current top pick

The name is [name]Coralie[/name]. This name has been on and off my list for years. It’s one of the few names that my hubby and I agree on. We come up with other names, but this one just keeps coming up. If we used [name]Coralie[/name] we would probably occasianally use the nns [name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cori[/name]/[name]Coral[/name]. We just haven’t found another name that we like as much as [name]Coralie[/name], but we’re still looking and we’re open to suggestions. Middle name will most likly be [name]Diana[/name]/[name]Diane[/name] (family name). So, what do you all think of this name? [name]Love[/name] it, hate it, it’s okay…? Any other suggestions? Your feedback would be sooo helpful!!

[name]Coralie[/name] isn’t really a name I particularly like, but there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s a perfectly good name for a little girl. I love [name]Diana[/name] though :slight_smile:

[name]Coralie[/name] isn’t terrible by any means, but I prefer [name]Coraline[/name] instead. Are you open to that? I think [name]Coraline[/name] [name]Diana[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name] is lovely!

I’m a little biased- this name is actually on the top of our list as well (I posted yesterday about it lol). I’m sure you have your reasons, but I thought I would let you know ours in case it helps. fyi- We would use the nn [name]Cora[/name].

Positives: It’s a name that neither of us know anybody with. It’s not made up or weird. It’s unusual and classic at the same time. It’s feminine and name works young and old.

Negatives: Sometimes I feel like the name is a little incomplete- like it’s missing something at the end. My dh found a comment in a forum online about it rhyming with orally, which upset him for a little bit but he is over it now. I don’t like how it ends in “lie”- granted it’s the same as [name]Natalie[/name] etc, it just seems to stick out in this name.

Regarding your middle- I prefer the flow of [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Diane[/name] vs. [name]Diana[/name]

GL- I hope this helps and doesn’t make things even more confusing for you :slight_smile:

[name]Coralie[/name] was near the top of my list for awhile, but I just removed it last night. Like the previous poster, it feels like something is missing. I do still like [name]Coraline[/name] and [name]Coral[/name], though. If it was pronounced [name]Cora[/name]-[name]Lee[/name], rather than Corally, it sounds more complete, but then I don’t like it as much. Good luck! It is a lovely name :slight_smile:

For some reason I think [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Coral[/name] are so much nicer - I think [name]Coralie[/name] has too many sounds in it for my ears and I am not crazy about the lie ending. I think [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Coral[/name] are gorgeous without being as frilly. [name]Hope[/name] that helps. [name]Cora[/name] is very cool, hip yet also outfashioned. I would have used it ( if I had a girl) but my name is [name]Kara[/name] and it was too close for me. Good luck!

I love [name]Coralie[/name].

I love it, too. Beautiful, unique choice.

[name]Coralie[/name] is very pretty but I also prefer [name]Coraline[/name]. I’m assuming you pronounce it [name]Cora[/name]-lee, which is the sound that I like.

Although it’s not on my list of favs I do think that [name]Coralie[/name] is a beautiful classy name. It’s not trendy and I believe it’s a name that will sound as beautiful and relevant in 60 years as it does right now. Definitely not a [name]Brittney[/name] or [name]Jessica[/name] type name (where as soon you hear the name you know what decade the person was born).

[name]Will[/name] you pronounce it “[name]Cor[/name]-a-lee” or “[name]Cor[/name]-a-lie”? [name]Just[/name] curious. Either way you have chosen a winner. And [name]Coralee[/name] [name]Diana[/name] is very nice and flows well.

Well done!!

I do like [name]Coralie[/name] and [name]Coraline[/name], but I don’t love them. They were on our list early on, but they fell off. Would you pronounce it [name]Cora[/name]-lee? That is the way I liked it, but [name]Cora[/name]-lie is pretty as well.

[name]Coralie[/name] is absolutely lovely, and so much better/fresher than [name]Coraline[/name]! It also stands on its own better, where many people think [name]Coraline[/name] just sounds like a mixed-up version of [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Coralie[/name] stands on its own without comparison :slight_smile:

While I think that [name]Cora[/name] sounds a bit harsh, and [name]Coral[/name] feels rather dated and cheap, [name]Coralie[/name] has a lively, vibrant flair that I actually like a lot. Now, I wouldn’t say I love it, but I do like it, and it gives you a great way to get the the vintage [name]Cora[/name] nickname - like [name]Coral[/name], [name]Cori[/name] feels dated to me, so I’d use [name]Cora[/name] or the ever-spunky [name]Coco[/name]!

As for middle names, I love [name]Diana[/name] as a name. It’s elegant, stately, and subtly feminine. [name]Diane[/name], to me, doesn’t really sound dated as much as it sounds tired. You may have mentioned this is a family name, though, so it wouldn’t surprise me! [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Diana[/name] would be very pretty with a shorter last name!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you evrybody for sharing your thoughts and advice! It has really been helpful. I got my hubby to look at some names last night and there were several that he likes better than [name]Coralie[/name]. So I guess we’re back to square one. We both still like [name]Coralie[/name], but not sure that it’s ‘the one’. I started a new post with our current list, but I’ll put it here too - if anyone wants to share your thoughts, I’d love to have your input! Thanks again to each of you for all your help!

Here’s the latest list:
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Laney[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Carina[/name]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Lacy[/name] (hubs just suggested this, not sure what I think)
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Raquel[/name]
[name]Nyla[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sarina[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Annalise[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] (hubby’s suggestion, not sure if I like it)

I love the name [name]Emmeline[/name]. It is my niece’s name and her nn [name]Emme[/name]. It’s not very common but when you tell someone what the name it comes out clear. I also like [name]Carina[/name] and [name]Elena[/name]. [name]Coralie[/name] is nice but I agree with the others on the [name]Coraline[/name] or that something is missing.

Fun list! My thoughts…

[name]Elena[/name] - Pretty, but not my favorite from your list.
[name]Laney[/name] - Would love this as a nickname, but would want something else for my resume.
[name]Emmeline[/name] - So lovely.
[name]Coralie[/name] - Interesting and sounds familiar, even though it isn’t. I like it.
[name]Carina[/name] - Very pretty.
[name]Cara[/name] - Cute. But I wonder if it would stand out amongst the droves of [name]Kiera[/name]/[name]Kayla[/name]/[name]Kaley[/name]/[name]Cailyn[/name]-like names that are quite popular.
[name]Cecily[/name] - I get it’s appeal, but it doesn’t do much for me, personally.
[name]Lacy[/name] - Honestly? I think stripper.
[name]Lila[/name] - Simple and pretty… but I hear this name so often it’s become kind of boring.
[name]Raquel[/name] - This could be a hard one to pull off, but love the nn [name]Roxie[/name] for a spunky little girl!
[name]Nyla[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t get it. Sorry.
[name]Ruth[/name] - I’d love to meet a little [name]Ruth[/name]!
[name]Sarina[/name] - It’s not a classic, but it has that timeless feel. I know 9, 28, 36 & 51 year old [name]Sarina[/name]/[name]Serina[/name]'s and they all love their name.
[name]Aurelia[/name] - I love, love, love [name]Aurelia[/name]! This would definitely be on our list if we didn’t have a niece [name]Ari[/name]. Sigh.
[name]Alina[/name] - Much prefer [name]Elena[/name].
[name]Annalise[/name] - Pretty.
[name]Rhiannon[/name] - Very nice.
[name]Victoria[/name] - I like [name]Victoria[/name], but don’t love [name]Vicki[/name] or [name]Tori[/name].

My first choice would be [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Diane[/name], but I also really like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Diana[/name] or [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Diana[/name].

[name]Ruth[/name] is my favorite. It’s such a sweet, simple name, and it’s fairly vintage now as well. [name]Ruth[/name] is sort of like [name]Jane[/name] to me, but even more pleasantly unexpected. I’d love to see a little [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Diana[/name].

I think [name]Coralie[/name] is lovely! I prefer [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Diane[/name] to [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Diana[/name].