I would love to hear your thoughts on these girl names!!! :)

[name]Just[/name] currious what you think of these names? And it would be great if you could please help me with pronunciation? Thanks! :slight_smile:

[name]Rhiannon[/name] (pronunciation? ree-AN-un, [name]REE[/name]-an-on?)
[name]Amalia[/name] (pronunciation? ah-MAH-lee-a, ah-mah-[name]LEE[/name]-a?)
[name]Lorraine[/name]
LaReina/Lareina (Iā€™ve seen this name, but I canā€™t find it one nameberry. WDYT?)
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Bethan[/name]
[name]Shana[/name] (do you pronounce this [name]SHAY[/name]-na?)
[name]Samara[/name] (pronunciation? would nn [name]Sara[/name] work?)
[name]Marlena[/name] (Iā€™ve heard both mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na and mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, which is it? What about nnā€™s [name]Laina[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Marla[/name]?)
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] (pronunciation)
[name]Camilla[/name] (pronunciation?)
[name]Camille[/name] (pronunciation)
[name]Aurora[/name] (love the meaning, but is it pronounced ah-RORE-a?)
[name]Riona[/name] (ree-O-na?)

What about [name]Cora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] vs. [name]Coralie[/name]? ([name]Leigh[/name] is a family name.)

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry, I donā€™t have much time but I just wanted to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Camille[/name]! :slight_smile:

I like these the best:

[name]Camille[/name] - ka-MEEL
[name]Camilla[/name] - ka-[name]MIL[/name]-la (though I think the correct way is ka-ME-la)
[name]Amalia[/name] - a-MAH-li-ah

Ricamaca, thanks for taking the time to comment! The help with pronunciation of [name]Amalia[/name], [name]Camille[/name] and [name]Camilla[/name] is greatly appreciated! Years ago I heard someone pronounce [name]Camilla[/name], ca-MEEL-ya, so I was a little confused. :wink: The other names I just wasnā€™t sure on. Thanks!

[name]Rhiannon[/name] (pronunciation? ree-AN-un, [name]REE[/name]-an-on?)- I really like [name]Rhiannon[/name]. I actually know a little girl with this name. She pronounces it ree-AN-un with emphasis on the ā€˜anā€™ which i think is really cute.

[name]Amalia[/name] (pronunciation? ah-MAH-lee-a, ah-mah-[name]LEE[/name]-a?)- It feels like the President daughterā€™s [name]Malia[/name] to me so I would pronounce it ah-mah-[name]LEE[/name]-a

[name]Lorraine[/name]- Itā€™s pretty but Iā€™ve heard it too many times now. I prefer the more unexpected [name]Laurine[/name] (I actually have a friend with this name and she pronounces it Lor-EEN.

LaReina/Lareina (Iā€™ve seen this name, but I canā€™t find it one nameberry. WDYT?)- I likes made-up to me, quite frankly. Especially with the first spelling.

[name]Laurel[/name]- I love [name]Laurel[/name], itā€™s very beautiful.

[name]Bethan[/name]- I prefer [name]Bethany[/name] and more so [name]Beth[/name] but Iā€™m not particulary fond of any of them.

[name]Shana[/name] (do you pronounce this [name]SHAY[/name]-na?)- I would spell it [name]Shayna[/name]. I know another little girl with this name. Itā€™s pretty, just not my style. I also like [name]Shay[/name] as well.

[name]Samara[/name] (pronunciation? would nn [name]Sara[/name] work?)- Judging by the spelling, I would pronounce it sa-me-[name]RA[/name], like [name]Tamara[/name] but with a ā€˜sā€™. The nn [name]Sara[/name] could work but I prefer [name]Sara[/name] for other names, like [name]Seraphina[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name].

[name]Marlena[/name] (Iā€™ve heard both mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na and mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, which is it? What about nnā€™s [name]Laina[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Marla[/name]?)- Iā€™d pronounce it mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, like you would pronounce [name]Marlene[/name]. The nn [name]Lainey[/name] is cute but if [name]Marlena[/name] is pronounced the way I pronounced it, it wouldnā€™t work.

[name]Marina[/name]- Like [name]Marina[/name] very much, especially with its ocean connections.

[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] (pronunciation)- Iā€™m not sure on the pronounciation but at first glance, I would pronounce it an-THEE-uh. I love the nn [name]Annie[/name].

[name]Camilla[/name] (pronunciation?)- very pretty, I would pronounce it ca-MEEL-uh

[name]Camille[/name] (pronunciation)- ditto to [name]Camilla[/name], Iā€™ve heard [name]Camille[/name] pronounced the French way which is how I like it: [name]Ca[/name]-MEE

[name]Aurora[/name] (love the meaning, but is it pronounced ah-RORE-a?)- It is pronounced ah-RORE-ah and I love it. The nn [name]Rory[/name] is very cute as well if you want to give it a more spunky, off-beat feel.

[name]Riona[/name] (ree-O-na?)- itā€™s cool but Iā€™m generally not fond of names with a long ā€˜oā€™ in teh middle of them.

What about [name]Cora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] vs. [name]Coralie[/name]? ([name]Leigh[/name] is a family name.)

Thanks in advance!!![/quote]

[name]Rhiannon[/name] (pronunciation? ree-AN-un, [name]REE[/name]-an-on?): I think this is a great alternative to [name]Shannon[/name]. I pronounce it ree-[name]ANN[/name]-un.

[name]Amalia[/name] (pronunciation? ah-MAH-lee-a, ah-mah-[name]LEE[/name]-a?): Iā€™m more of an [name]Amelie[/name] person. I want to like [name]Amalia[/name], but it sounds like Somalia to me.

[name]Lorraine[/name]: I really like [name]Lorraine[/name], and would love to hear it on a baby girl! :slight_smile:

LaReina/Lareina (Iā€™ve seen this name, but I canā€™t find it one nameberry. WDYT?): This one looks and sounds invented to me, like LaFawnda from [name]Napoleon[/name] Dynamite. I do like [name]Reina[/name] on its own, though.

[name]Laurel[/name]: I think this is beautifulā€¦

[name]Bethan[/name]: It feels like itā€™s missing a Y ([name]Bethany[/name]).

[name]Shana[/name] (do you pronounce this [name]SHAY[/name]-na?): I know a [name]Shana[/name] ([name]SHAY[/name]-na), but I prefer some of your other namesā€¦

[name]Samara[/name] (pronunciation? would nn [name]Sara[/name] work?): I know a little [name]Samara[/name], and itā€™s suh-MAHR-uh. From what I know, she loves her name. I think [name]Sara[/name] would be a sweet nickname.

[name]Marlena[/name] (Iā€™ve heard both mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na and mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, which is it? What about nnā€™s [name]Laina[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Marla[/name]?): Iā€™ve heard both pronunciations, but I personally say ā€œmar-[name]LAY[/name]-na.ā€

[name]Marina[/name]: I like [name]Mariana[/name] or [name]Marin[/name] better, but I think itā€™s a pretty nameā€¦

[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] (pronunciation): I love [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] more than I do [name]Anthea[/name]. Iā€™m pronouncing it ā€œann-THEE-uh.ā€

[name]Camilla[/name] (pronunciation?): I think itā€™s very pretty, and I say "kuh-MILL-a.

[name]Camille[/name] (pronunciation): I love this so much! I say kuh-MEEL

[name]Aurora[/name] (love the meaning, but is it pronounced ah-RORE-a?): I love this name, too, and you have the correct pronunciation.
I think that [name]Rory[/name] is a sweet nickname.

[name]Riona[/name] (ree-O-na?): I like some of your other names moreā€¦

I prefer [name]Coralie[/name] to [name]Cora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name]. I love [name]Cora[/name] so much, though!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Wow! You have all been SO helpful! I really appreciate the time you each put into helping me out. I like to check these names out with you all to learn a little more about them, and see what the general opinions of the names are before mentioning them to my hubby! :slight_smile:
Thanks everybody!!!

[name]Rhiannon[/name] makes me think of the singer [name]Rihanna[/name].

Lareina looks like a made up name from Spanish ā€œLa reinaā€ meaning ā€œthe queen.ā€

Was [name]Samara[/name] the creepy girl from the ring?

I like [name]Camilla[/name]/[name]Camille[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Cora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] works better for when she grows up. I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Cora[/name]. [name]Coralie[/name] is precious, but I donā€™t think it will age well.

[name]Rhiannon[/name] (ree-AN-un) - donā€™t like it
[name]Amalia[/name] (ah-MAH-lee-a) - [name]Love[/name] it
[name]Lorraine[/name] - donā€™t like it
LaReina/Lareina - never heard it before, but donā€™t like it
[name]Laurel[/name] - dito
[name]Bethan[/name] - too masculine
[name]Shana[/name] (Sh-[name]AH[/name]-na) - ok
[name]Samara[/name] (Sah-MAH-rah) would nn [name]Sara[/name] work? NO
[name]Marlena[/name] (mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, which is it? nn [name]Lainey[/name] sounds good
[name]Marina[/name] - like it
[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] ([name]Ann[/name]-T-ah) [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name]: both nice
[name]Camilla[/name] (Ka-Meel-ah) - donā€™t like it
[name]Camille[/name] (ka-mee-ll) - ok
[name]Aurora[/name] (uh-RORE-a) - donā€™t like it
[name]Riona[/name] (ree-O-na) - ok

[name]Coralie[/name] - like it!

My friendā€™s daughter is named [name]Rayna[/name] (pronounced the same as [name]Reina[/name], [name]RAY[/name]-NA) and I [name]LOVE[/name] her name!

I know a lot of ladies my age name [name]Laurie[/name] / [name]Lori[/name], one of which is a [name]Laurel[/name]. Although she goes by [name]Laurie[/name] most of the time I think she has always liked being that little bit different from the rest of the [name]Laurie[/name]'s.

[name]Riona[/name] is pr. ā€œ[name]REE[/name]-ah-naā€, where the middle syllable is like a very short breath - most people almost run it together as 2 syllables - i.e. ā€œ[name]REE[/name]-naā€ - which is also an accepted pronunciation.

[name]Rhiannon[/name]- I love this name, either way you pronounce it it is so beautiful, tasteful and underused.
[name]Amalia[/name]- not my style
[name]Lorraine[/name]- also not my style
LaReina/Lareina- it sounds made up to me, but thats just me.
[name]Laurel[/name]- not as good as [name]Rhiannon[/name] imo
[name]Bethan[/name]- [name]Bethany[/name]? I think people will ask her that constantly
[name]Shana[/name] (do you pronounce this [name]SHAY[/name]-na?)- I would say this [name]Shan[/name]-ah. If you like [name]Shayna[/name]/[name]Shaina[/name], I think it would be best to spell it this way.
[name]Samara[/name] (pronunciation? would nn [name]Sara[/name] work?)- yes sara is a good nn for [name]Samara[/name]- pronounce it Sa-mar-ah I think.
[name]Marlena[/name] (Iā€™ve heard both mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na and mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, which is it? What about nnā€™s [name]Laina[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Marla[/name]?)- I like all the nicknames except [name]Marla[/name], I think this name is nice either way you pronounce it.
[name]Marina[/name]- love love love this name.
[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] (pronunciation)- not my style, but I like [name]Annie[/name] and I like [name]Thea[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] (pronunciation?)- love this name so much. I would pronounce it [name]Ca[/name]-mill-ah or [name]Ca[/name]-meel-a
[name]Camille[/name] (pronunciation)- I like [name]Camilla[/name] better
[name]Aurora[/name] (love the meaning, but is it pronounced ah-RORE-a?)- yes it is pronounce this way and I absolutely love this name too! [name]Rory[/name] is a great nn.
[name]Riona[/name] (ree-O-na?)- not my style

I love the name [name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Marina[/name], [name]Camilla[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] (especially [name]Rhiannon[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name]). beautiful! I also really like [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] or [name]Rhiannon[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] if you wanted to incorporate that family name :slight_smile: best of luck!

Once again, I want to thank each of you for giving your input on the names I listed. After talking some of them over with my husband, between the two of us, we rulled out:
[name]Amalia[/name], [name]Lorraine[/name], LaReina, [name]Bethan[/name], [name]Shana[/name], [name]Samara[/name], [name]Marina[/name], [name]Anthea[/name], [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Camille[/name], [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Riona[/name]. My hubby said that [name]Rhiannon[/name], [name]Laurel[/name] and [name]Marlena[/name] have potential. :slight_smile:

My original list of girlsā€™ names includes:
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name]
and now as posibilities:
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Marlena[/name] (mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na)
[name]Annelise[/name]

Thanks again ladies!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Rhiannon[/name] - Reminds me of the singer.
[name]Amalia[/name] - I prefer [name]Amelie[/name].
[name]Lorraine[/name] - I like [name]Loretta[/name] better.
LaReina/Lareina - Eh. [name]Don[/name]'t like it.
[name]Laurel[/name] - [name]Laurel[/name] is beautiful! (:
[name]Bethan[/name] - I prefer simple [name]Beth[/name].
[name]Shana[/name] - Eh.
[name]Samara[/name] - I do prefer just [name]Sara[/name]/ [name]Sarah[/name],
[name]Marlena[/name] - [name]Marla[/name]'s better in itself.
[name]Marina[/name] - [name]Marina[/name]'s nice. (:
[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] - Prefer just [name]Athena[/name]. [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] are cute, though.
[name]Camilla[/name] - Pronounced like [name]Camille[/name], but with an ā€˜Aā€™. Cuh-mill-a, I guess.
[name]Camille[/name] - Cuh-mill. I guess. [name]Camille[/name] is stunning.
[name]Aurora[/name] - I also love [name]Aurore[/name].
[name]Riona[/name] - Iffy.

[name]Coralie[/name] all the way.

[name]Rhiannon[/name] ā€ I like it, its cute! (:
[name]Amalia[/name] ā€ [name]Don[/name]ā€t like it that much.
[name]Lorraine[/name] ā€ Not my style at all.
LaReina/Lareina ā€ Really donā€t like it sorry.
[name]Laurel[/name] ā€ I prefer [name]Lauren[/name].
[name]Bethan[/name]- [name]Don[/name]ā€t like it.
[name]Shana[/name] (do you pronounce this [name]SHAY[/name]-na?) ā€ I know someone with this name pronounced SHA-nah. And sheā€s horrible, absolutely tainted the name for me.
[name]Samara[/name] (pronunciation? would nn [name]Sara[/name] work?) ā€ SAH-mah-rah? Not a fan sorry.
[name]Marlena[/name] (Iā€™ve heard both mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na and mar-[name]LEE[/name]-na, which is it? What about nnā€™s [name]Laina[/name]/[name]Lainey[/name]/[name]Marla[/name]?) ā€ I like this, but prefer the spelling [name]Marlene[/name] pronounced mar-[name]LAY[/name]-na like [name]Marlene[/name] [name]Dietrich[/name] :stuck_out_tongue:
[name]Marina[/name] ā€ Iā€m so-so about this. Doesnā€t stand out for me.
[name]Anthea[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]/[name]Thea[/name] (pronunciation) ā€ I like this, cuute!
[name]Camilla[/name] (pronunciation?) ā€ Too royally associated.
[name]Camille[/name] (pronunciation) ā€ Itā€s average for me.
[name]Aurora[/name] (love the meaning, but is it pronounced ah-RORE-a?) ā€ aw-[name]ROAR[/name]-ah? This is cute.
[name]Riona[/name] (ree-O-na?) ā€ Sounds like itā€s short for [name]Catriona[/name] (I know the name [name]Catriona[/name] is pronounced like [name]Katrina[/name], but the [name]Catriona[/name] I know prefers it to be pronounced [name]CAT[/name]-ree-oh-nah (: )

What about [name]Cora[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] vs. [name]Coralie[/name]? ([name]Leigh[/name] is a family name.) ā€ [name]Coralie[/name] definitely!

Iā€™m pretty sure that ā€˜LaReinaā€™ literally means ā€˜the queenā€™ in Spanish. I know, some word names are quite popular and I actually like some of them- but naming a child the queen seems weird.