Icelynn

Found this name…How do you guys feel about this name?

1 Like

Ok ok. I actually love the way it sound. However hate the way it looks. :two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

It reminds me too much of Iceland, unfortunately. I prefer [name_f]Frostine[/name_f] to [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f].

hmmm… I know a scandinavian girl named Iselynn pronounced ee-seh-lynn and I think that it’s a misspelling of a traditional name. You might like that. [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f] sounds… off to me. It sounds too similar to the country. I’ve heard of the name Irelynn and it reminds me of that.

3 Likes

I don’t really see the reasoning behind using [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f] over Iceland (which I think is much cooler and prettier).

3 Likes

It’s not my taste, sorry!

I actually go to church/grew up with a lady who has a daughter named [name_f]Icelyn[/name_f]. I’ve always thought it was so cute. Her younger daughter is called [name_u]Ember[/name_u] too and I adore how cheesey/matchy they are together (though she just named her new baby [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] when the chance to use [name_u]Landon[/name_u] or [name_m]Terran[/name_m] was right there :joy:).

5 Likes

Seems made up, but the sound is quite nice!

It sounds like a combined name but it seems interesting.:blush:

In general, I don’t like names ending in -lynn. So I prefer [name_f]Icelyn[/name_f]. I think some people will mishear it as Iceland, but I don’t think that’s a big deal (unless it would bother you).

If you are in the US, I would be hesitant due to the association with ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). But this is a secondary association for me. When I first read the title, I thought of glaciers and snow days :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The sound is nice, but I’m not a fan of the spelling or the ICE connection. Reminds me of Iceland as others have said. I much prefer [name_f]Aislinn[/name_f] ([name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]). For the [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f] pronunciation, maybe Islyn?

4 Likes

Seems a little… trendy. Kind of exactly the kind of name I don’t like.

1 Like

I actually kind of like it! It’s very different and not something you hear to often :slight_smile:

It gives me the same feeling as [name_f]Hollyn[/name_f] - an interesting name with the potential to be mistaken for the country and for loads of misspellings. I’m also not a fan of the [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f] spelling though any ideas of how to change it just further complicate it for me. :thinking:

I’m not a fan.

I can’t decide if it’s a part of the trend of changing the endings of country names to -lyn/lynn like Scotlyn, [name_f]Hollyn[/name_f], or Irelyn, or if it’s a new take on the early 1900s trend of [name_f]Icy[/name_f]/ [name_f]Icey[/name_f]/ [name_f]Icie[/name_f] as a name (no really, it was within the top 1000.) Either way it sounds too much like Iceland for me.

I think [name_u]Frost[/name_u]/ [name_f]Frostine[/name_f], [name_u]Snow[/name_u]/ [name_f]Eira[/name_f]/ [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]/ [name_f]Neve[/name_f], and [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]/ [name_f]Yseult[/name_f]/ [name_f]Eseld[/name_f] all sound nicer while still getting that meaning of ice or snow.

1 Like

If it’s ice+lynn, I’m not a fan; if it’s a spelling of Iceland, I’m definitely not a fan.

Sorry! In the former, I can’t see it as a name; in the latter I can’t see why you should respell a place name.

In the UK Iceland is the name of a supermarket. It reminds me of that.

2 Likes

It sounds interesting and beautiful but to my point of view it is too outlandish for a real person. Good for a fantasy character or a nickname through

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f]. It’s just not my style.

If you happen to live in the UK, I would recommend against it because of the supermarket named Iceland.

2 Likes

I know an [name_f]Icelynn[/name_f] nn [name_f]Icy[/name_f], I actually sort of like it? I wouldn’t use it because a lot of people seem to strongly dislike it and I’m a person who’s very much bothered by outside opinions.