I'd like to hear your wonderful opinions...:-)

Heyy :slight_smile:

First of all, I speak french…I’m sorry if what I’m going to say contains some grammar and spelling mistakes…

Okay, so I know there are a looot of topics about that, but I always enjoy reading your thoughts on names and your suggestions so I’d like to read them but about MY list of names this time :slight_smile:

I’m a 14 years old teenager and I discovered my passion for names a few months ago…you can’t imagine how happy I was when I found this site…wooow ! :smiley: I made lists and lists but they were all wayyy too long, so lately I tried to shorten it a bit ! Now I have 7 names for girls and 7 for boys…what do you think of them?

• [name]Emmeline[/name]

• [name]Alycia[/name]

• [name]Mathilde[/name]

• [name]Juliette[/name]

• M”r”dith

• [name]Kamilla[/name]

• [name]Madeline[/name]

• Elyess

• [name]Toan[/name]

• Mehdi

• [name]Mathis[/name]

• [name]Liam[/name]

• [name]Arthur[/name]

• [name]Adam[/name]

And if you have any suggestions on middle names…I’m all open to that :smiley: I’d love to hear them !

Thank you :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

• [name]Emmeline[/name] - I like this, it is really cute.

• [name]Alycia[/name] - Seems dated.

• [name]Mathilde[/name] - It’s okay

• [name]Juliette[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name], so pretty.

• M”r”dith - I like [name]Meredith[/name].

• [name]Kamilla[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like the spelling with a K at all! Is this they typical French spelling? I much prefer it spelt [name]Camilla[/name].

• [name]Madeline[/name] - I like [name]Madeleine[/name] SO much better, one of my favourites. Are you pronouncing it Mad-e-line, Mad-e-lyn, or Mad-e-lane?

• Elyess - pronounciation?

• [name]Toan[/name] - ditto

• Mehdi - eh… not a fan.

• [name]Mathis[/name] - ditto

• [name]Liam[/name] - cute, but like [name]William[/name] much better.

• [name]Arthur[/name] - so lovely, kind of nerdy but a classic.

• [name]Adam[/name] - not a fan at all.

Firstly, thanks for answering :slight_smile:

No, the spelling with a K isn’t typically french, I just prefer it that way !

I also very like [name]Madeleine[/name], I like them equally…maybe a bit more [name]Madeline[/name] :slight_smile: I pronouce it “Mah-de-line”.

Elyess would be pronounced “[name]El[/name]-ee-SS” (like the letter S…not the sound “sss”, if you understand…)

And [name]Toan[/name]…that’s complicated to explain. “Toh-an” bot not “ann”…you don’t pronounce the N at the end of the name. That’s not clear, sorry :S

Thanks again for answering :slight_smile: You’re the first one giving me opinions of my list everrr !

Your English is brilliant :slight_smile:

[name]Emmeline[/name] - so pretty, but due to the popularity of [name]Emma[/name] at the moment, I personally would avoid this.
[name]Alycia[/name] - personally I prefer plain old [name]Alice[/name] (my mn, though, so I’m biased).
[name]Mathilde[/name] - I adore.
[name]Juliette[/name] - I love this in English, and it’s even prettier with a French accent.
M”r”dith - I’m sort of so-so with this one … I don’t know, it’s just always seemed a little masculine to me.
[name]Kamilla[/name] - not my favourite name, but I actually like the look of it with a K more …
[name]Madeline[/name] - wonderful! [name]Madison[/name] is beginning to blight my opinion of this one, though …

Elyess - the first time I met someone with this name, I thought he was called [name]Alice[/name]! It is nice, though.
[name]Toan[/name] - quite nice.
Mehdi - sweet and handsome.
[name]Mathis[/name] - I love this one; it’s second only to [name]Arthur[/name]. Handsome yet simple.
[name]Liam[/name] - I prefer [name]William[/name], but it doesn’t work as well in French, in my opinion.
[name]Arthur[/name] - I adore this!
[name]Adam[/name] - a classic.

[name]France[/name]? Wow! :smiley: I’d love to go there some day.

[name]Emmeline[/name] – I find it pretty. (:
[name]Alycia[/name] – I don’t like it very much.
[name]Mathilde[/name] – [name]Mathilde[/name] is stunning. I love it. (:
[name]Juliette[/name] – [name]Juliette[/name]'s gorgeous. <3
M”r”dith – I love [name]Meredith[/name].
[name]Kamilla[/name] – I rather prefer [name]Camilla[/name]. I don’t know why the ‘K’ makes the difference for me…
[name]Madeline[/name] – I don’t like [name]Madeline[/name] much at all. I prefer [name]Madeleine[/name].

Elyess – Not sure how to say it?
[name]Toan[/name] – I’m not sure how to say it, either.
Mehdi – Not sure how to say this one, too…
[name]Mathis[/name] – I don’t know what I think of [name]Mathis[/name]… I’ll have to look into the name more.
[name]Liam[/name] – I like [name]Liam[/name]. (:
[name]Arthur[/name] – I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]!
[name]Adam[/name] – [name]Adam[/name]'s okay, but it seems quite common.

Good luck! 83

Thanks to both of you for answering :slight_smile: I appreciate.

Actually Spiderweb, I’m from Qu”bec, in [name]Canada[/name] :wink: But I agree, I also want to go in [name]France[/name]. It looks wonderful !

I wasn’t really sure abour [name]Arthur[/name]…I thought that maybe it was too old-fashionned? But your positive thoughts about it make me more sure and I’m keeping it on the list ! It’s slowly becoming number 1…

My favorite is [name]Alycia[/name] in the girl list :slight_smile: Not so popular between you…What in it makes you dislike the name? Is it just the sound?

Thanks again girls :smiley:

I adore [name]Arthur[/name] - I think it is most definitely ready for a come-back! [name]Alycia[/name] just seems a little dated to me. If I really think about it, though, the sound is nice.

[name]Hi[/name]!

• [name]Emmeline[/name]–I love this name so much!! I think [name]Emme[/name] is so cute as a nickname.

• [name]Alycia[/name]–I have always secretly liked this name, though it is a bit dated. What about [name]Alice[/name] as a replacement? Lissy is a cute nn.

• [name]Mathilde[/name]–I actually like this spelling better than the [name]Matilda[/name] spelling!! [name]Love[/name] it.

• [name]Juliette[/name]–I prefer [name]Juliet[/name], but all in all it’s a great name. [name]Both[/name] spellings are very pretty. I know a toddler named [name]Juliette[/name] and she

• M”r”dith–Feels a little dated–also, I’m not sure what to do with the accent marks. :slight_smile:

• [name]Kamilla[/name]–I like the Spanish [name]Camila[/name] much better–also, I don’t really like C names being changed to Ks.

• [name]Madeline[/name]: I love it! It was my grandmother’s name, spelled “[name]Madeleine[/name],” and I do like that spelling better. Much prettier than the popular [name]Madison[/name].

• Elyess–I don’t care for it–it seems too feminine.

• [name]Toan[/name]: I really like this one! It reminds me of [name]Noah[/name], but not as trendy.

• Mehdi–[name]How[/name] do you pronounce this? Sorry. :slight_smile:

• [name]Mathis[/name]–What about [name]Matthias[/name]?

• [name]Liam[/name]–Very nice, on its own or as a nn for [name]William[/name].

• [name]Arthur[/name]–I love this name, and the nickname [name]Arty[/name], and it definitely deserves a revival!

• [name]Adam[/name]–This was quite trendy in the US a few years ago, so it feels a bit stale to me.

What about combining some of these to make first-name-middle-name combos?

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Liam[/name], [name]Liam[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Adam[/name] Elyess
[name]Mathis[/name] [name]Toan[/name], [name]Toan[/name] [name]Mathis[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Adam[/name], [name]Adam[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]

[name]Alycia[/name] [name]Meredith[/name], [name]Meredith[/name] [name]Alycia[/name] (sorry, I don’t know how to type with accents) :slight_smile:
[name]Madeline[/name] [name]Kamilla[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name] [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Kamilla[/name]

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

• [name]Emmeline[/name]- I think this is beautiful but the staggering popularity of [name]Emma[/name] might rub off on this one, which would be sad… :frowning:

• [name]Alycia[/name]- I’m not a big fan of replacing ‘i’ with ‘y’. [name]Alicia[/name] is much better than [name]Alycia[/name] in my opinion. And [name]Alice[/name] is absolutely gorgeous!

• [name]Mathilde[/name]- I’m liking this one more and more. I love [name]Matilda[/name] though.

• [name]Juliette[/name]- One of my favorite names! It’s so beautiful, especially when it is said in a French accent. I prefer the spelling [name]Juliet[/name], it feels less fancy.

• M”r”dith- This is a so-so name for me. I’m not sure if I like it.

• [name]Kamilla[/name]- I MUCH prefer this spelled [name]Camilla[/name] and prefer [name]Camille[/name] to both of them.

• [name]Madeline[/name]- I think this is very pretty but strongly dislike the nn [name]Maddie[/name]. I love [name]Madeleine[/name] even more though (I pronounce [name]Madeleine[/name], mad-uh-layne)

• Elyess- I’m not a big fan

• [name]Toan[/name]- ditto

• Mehdi- double ditto

• [name]Mathis[/name]- I really like this one :slight_smile:

• [name]Liam[/name]- I love [name]Liam[/name], especially as a nn for [name]William[/name]. BUT (correct me if I’m wrong on this one) I seem to recall that [name]William[/name] doesn’t sound that handsome in French.

• [name]Arthur[/name]- My second favorite after [name]Liam[/name]. Such a cool name with great relations to [name]King[/name] [name]Arthur[/name].

• [name]Adam[/name]- this feels dated and plain to me. Not bad but not that exciting either.

[quote=“nameslover”]Heyy :slight_smile:

First of all, I speak french…I’m sorry if what I’m going to say contains some grammar and spelling mistakes…

Okay, so I know there are a looot of topics about that, but I always enjoy reading your thoughts on names and your suggestions so I’d like to read them but about MY list of names this time :slight_smile:

I’m a 14 years old teenager and I discovered my passion for names a few months ago…you can’t imagine how happy I was when I found this site…wooow ! :smiley: I made lists and lists but they were all wayyy too long, so lately I tried to shorten it a bit ! Now I have 7 names for girls and 7 for boys…what do you think of them?

• [name]Emmeline[/name] - Pretty

• [name]Alycia[/name] - love [name]Alicia[/name]

• [name]Mathilde[/name] - love [name]Matilda[/name]

• [name]Juliette[/name] - love [name]Juliet[/name]

• M”r”dith - I never saw [name]Meredith[/name] with accents before. I think it’s a Welsh name.

• [name]Kamilla[/name] - love this spelled [name]Camilla[/name].

• [name]Madeline[/name] - pretty but so popular.

• Elyess

• [name]Toan[/name]

• Mehdi

• [name]Mathis[/name]

• [name]Liam[/name] - I like [name]Liam[/name].

• [name]Arthur[/name] - love

• [name]Adam[/name] - overdone.

Considering your girls’ list, here are some boys’ names that you might like:

[name]Brice[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Jules[/name]
[name]Laird[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Remy[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

And if you have any suggestions on middle names…I’m all open to that :smiley: I’d love to hear them !

Thank you
You are welcome! I loved thinking about names since I was somewhere between maybe 10 and 12. Not sure…maybe younger.

Je parle un peu de fran”ais, et je vais essayer les pronunciations en fran”ais. :slight_smile: D”sol”e pour ma grammaire n’est pas bien.

• [name]Emmeline[/name] - I love this. :slight_smile:

• [name]Alycia[/name] - If my pron. is correct, this is [name]Ah[/name]-[name]LEE[/name]-cee-ah? It’s lovely.

• [name]Mathilde[/name] - Very pretty!

• [name]Juliette[/name] - I’m not a fan of [name]Juliette[/name]… [name]Julienne[/name]?

• M”r”dith - I think the accents are putting the other girls off :wink: but I love [name]Meredith[/name], the nickname [name]Merri[/name]/[name]Merry[/name] is so cute!

• [name]Kamilla[/name] - I prefer [name]Camille[/name]/[name]Kamille[/name], but it’s also nice.

• [name]Madeline[/name] - THIS is how you spell MAD-uh-line, NOT [name]Madeleine[/name]. My French classes taught me that “[name]Madeleine[/name]” was pron. Mad-[name]LEN[/name], not Mad-uh-line or Mad-uh-layne. I don’t like the “Mad-” names, they sound angry to me, sorry. :frowning:

• Elyess - It sounds nice but I would find another way to spell it.

• [name]Toan[/name] - So, from reading your post above, it’s pron. “TOE-ah”, like [name]Noah[/name]? Very handsome, but in that case I would drop the ‘n’. :slight_smile:

• Mehdi - Guessing “MEH-dee”? Reminds me of Mercredi the day :wink:

• [name]Mathis[/name] - “Muh-TEESS”, kind of like the artist [name]Matisse[/name]? Handsome!

• [name]Liam[/name] - I knew a bad child with this name so I don’t like it :frowning:

• [name]Arthur[/name] - “Arr-TOUR”, as in le Tour de [name]France[/name], or AR-thur the English way? [name]Both[/name] are very handsome, I love [name]Arthur[/name]. :smiley:

• [name]Adam[/name] - I like it, it sounds new and fresh and is a strong name. :slight_smile:

You have a wonderful list and your English is brilliant! I hope to see more names from you! :slight_smile:

I feel like I’m a parrot…repeating, repeating, repeating : Thanks everyone for asnwering :slight_smile:

Sorry for the accent thing, I wrote it like that automatically, not thinking that you don’t have it ! Basically, ‘”’ is pronounced ‘ay’. So the name M”r”dith is pronunced [name]May[/name]-ray-dith…that’s the french pronunciation :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Rose[/name] for the middle name ideas ! Seeing it written by someone else helps a lot. I think [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Adam[/name] flows nice together, but are there too many A’s?

Lilli23, [name]William[/name] is actually a very popular name where I live. I know like 4 [name]William[/name]'s, pretty popular and it sounds nice. That’s why I prefered [name]Liam[/name], more rare and still beautiful :slight_smile:

[name]Susan[/name], I really like the ideas you gave me ! Especially [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Jules[/name] and [name]Victor[/name], very beautiful ! Thanks :slight_smile: They are on my list-too-big-to-be-put-on-this-site…That list has over 75 names !

Yes [name]Grey[/name], [name]Alycia[/name] is pronounced the way you said :)I don’t really like [name]Julienne[/name]…but your suggestion made me think about [name]Julianne[/name]…what do you think about this one? [name]Toan[/name] is a complicated one…not it’s not really like [name]Noah[/name] spelt with a N at the end. But I can’t find any equivalent sounds in english :-/ [name]Just[/name] try to pronounce TOE-ann, but don’t say the N…just try to stop before the N goes out :stuck_out_tongue: You can forget this one, too complicated I guess :frowning: [name]Arthur[/name] isn’t pronounced Arr-tour…it’s the same way as it is in english :slight_smile:

Also, thanks for your comments on my english…blushing :stuck_out_tongue: [name]Reading[/name] you everyday helped me with it !

I’m glad you like some of my suggestions. [name]Do[/name] you love [name]Vincent[/name]?
Is the name [name]Renaud[/name] very common in [name]France[/name]? I always wondered since I read “[name]Claudine[/name] in [name]Paris[/name]”. [name]Renaud[/name] is [name]Claudine[/name]'s love interest. Is [name]Guy[/name] a popular name? I think [name]Guy[/name] is kind of cool. What about [name]Bastien[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you love [name]Bastien[/name]? Tell us some more names that you love.

• [name]Emmeline[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]!

• [name]Alycia[/name]: I think it’s pretty, but the y is throwing me off…

• [name]Mathilde[/name]: I think it’s a wonderful name…

• [name]Juliette[/name]: I love [name]Juliette[/name]!

• M”r”dith: I think it’s pretty…

• [name]Kamilla[/name]: I love it with a C…

• [name]Madeline[/name]: Very pretty…

• Elyess: I’m not familiar with Elyess, but I love [name]Elias[/name]!

• [name]Toan[/name]: Now that I know how to pronounce it, I think it’s cool…

• Mehdi:I’m not familiar with Mehdi, but would love to know its origins! I think it’s handsome…

• [name]Mathis[/name]: I think it’s handsome…

• [name]Liam[/name]: I think it’s a great name…

• [name]Arthur[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]!

• [name]Adam[/name]: I think it’s handsome, but I love [name]Arthur[/name] more. :slight_smile:

Great lists! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing!

I like [name]Vincent[/name], but sadly…it’s VERY popular where I live. Really common so it lost a bit of his exotic side that I love on names :slight_smile:
I live in Qu”bec actually, not [name]France[/name]…So I don’t know if those names are popular there. I know [name]Guy[/name] is here, but for fathers…it’s an old name :wink: [name]Renaud[/name] is also an old name, but I like it ! Thanks, I think it’s cool in it’s own way and I could imagine that name on a sweet little baby.
[name]Bastien[/name]…Hmm…I don’t really like the sound of the name.

More names that I love…Well I always thought that [name]Florence[/name] was a cute name for a girl. [name]Rosalie[/name] (not because of Twilight ;D), [name]Evelyn[/name], Oc”ane (O-say-ann), [name]Eulalie[/name], [name]Marion[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name] are also names that I really like for girls :slight_smile: I’m more difficult about boy names…so the ones I already put are the only names I love. I really [name]Malik[/name] (Mah-LEEK) and [name]Noam[/name], though.
Another name that I find totally cool, but as far as I know…I’m the only one liking it. Everyone thinks it’s strange : Syrielle (yes another Y…I like Y’s !), pronounced See-ree-elle.

Thanks for sharing your opinions, [name]Jill[/name] ! Mehdi has arabic origins :slight_smile: It means the guide informed by God.

[name]Julianne[/name] is very beautiful. :slight_smile: Syrielle is pretty in writing but it sounds kind of like the English word serial or cereal… she would probably get a lot of jokes about serial killers. :confused: [name]Florence[/name] is beautiful, my great grandmothers both had the name [name]Florence[/name]. Another popular one is [name]Flora[/name]. [name]Arabella[/name] I love, and [name]Marion[/name] I like (but prefer as a boys MN). :slight_smile: You have great ideas!

I love [name]Mireille[/name] (Me-[name]RAY[/name]-yuh) but I fear no one in [name]America[/name] would understand how to say it! [name]Do[/name] you like this one?

[name]Renaud[/name] is cool!
Now I know how to pronounce [name]Oceane[/name], thanks!
I love [name]Florence[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], and [name]Rosalie[/name] so much.
We know a French American man named [name]Bruno[/name]. His little son is [name]Bruno[/name] [name]Paul[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Bruno[/name]?
Tell us more of your favorite names anytime. [name]Love[/name] your taste!

Oh [name]Grey[/name], I never noticed for Syrielle/Serial/cereal ! I guess it would be fine for me as long as I don’t live in an english country. [name]Flora[/name] is so cute, I could see myself using it as a middle name :slight_smile: [name]Mireille[/name]…hm…don’t know what I think of it. It’s so-so, at the first look of it, I like it ! But then I say it…and it sounds harsh to me. Maybe it’s the “eille” sound, it’s like “heille”…which is like a “no” in french. If a toddler touches something he shouldn’t touch, the mom will say something like “heille ! what did I say about it?”…so it sounds harsh to me :-/ Maybe because of that. Thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Susan[/name] for what you said ! :slight_smile: [name]Bruno[/name] is cool, kinda unusual, but it’s cool ! I just don’t like the nicknames for it, Bru ? Bru-Bru ? :stuck_out_tongue: [name]Do[/name] you have any ideas?

Bru is rather clumsy and Bru-Bru is even worse. But the worst of all are No and No-No!

Hahaa [name]Susan[/name] ! I agree with you :slight_smile:

What do you all think of [name]Sandrine[/name], [name]Raphaelle[/name], [name]Maxence[/name] and [name]Zachariah[/name]? They aren’t favorite for me, but I like them.