I'd love to hear your ideas!

HELP!
We are completely stuck on a first name for our baby girl. Our style is really eclectic in the sense that we have no specific style (which makes it even harder lol).
Some names we’ve considered;
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

So I’m looking to you all for some help!
Any ideas on what we might like?
The catch is I really want to avoid a unisex name, and her middle name will be [name_m]Ross[/name_m] (family tradition). Last name is Edwards :smiley:
I appreciate your insight!!

The negatives:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] reminds me of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Russe, the store, but I’m not sure how likely an issue that would be. I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] but [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] sounds like one name-- Claiross-- when you put it together because of the ending “r” sound, which would really bug me. You might find a similar issue with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (Lunar), but I think that’s more of a stretch/me being obsessive about sounds.

The positives:
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] is lovely! I do prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], but that’s down to taste. It’s elegant and unmistakably feminine but at the same time, not frilly: that’s a good combination to be looking for with such a masculine middle. The same goes for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (though it’s a little less “elegant” and a little more “timeless classic”). Those are your strongest contenders, I think.

As for [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], it’s pretty but a bit trendier than I’d like: that’s no dealbreaker, of course, but normally when a first name is super common, it seems most go by their middle in school and such. That might not be possible with [name_m]Ross[/name_m] there.

ETA: since you’re anti-unisex, you might want to avoid [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as well, as [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] seems to be the most common nickname nowadays. You could call her [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], but it’s something to think about!

I like all the names except [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is gorgeous! I also like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. So basically, all but [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m]! I’m not usually a fan of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] but for some reason I’m drawn to that pairing. I really like your style.

[name_u]Marley[/name_u] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards
[name_f]Arletta[/name_f] “[name_u]Arley[/name_u]” [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]/[name_f]Layna[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards

Best of luck!

I suggest [name_f]Arlena[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards to you. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_m]Ross[/name_m] Edwards is best from your list.