Ida Lupine

[name_f]Jenny[/name_f] [name_u]Slate[/name_u] named her newborn daughter this. What do you think? I really like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and I’m glad to see it being used, but I prefer [name_u]Lupin[/name_u] on a boy.

Edit: I just realized that the middle name is Lupine, not Lupin.

those are my thoughts exactly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ida is super cute! [name_u]Lupin[/name_u] sounds very masculine to me and I’m not a huge fan of the name overall on a boy or girl.

1 Like

I think it’s adorable, although I thought her middle name was [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] not [name_u]Lupin[/name_u]? In which case, still adorable, but too much ‘eye’ sound for me.

1 Like

Oh, I guess it is [name_u]Lupine[/name_u]. Thanks for the correction!

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] is lovely! If it is [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] in the middle, I would pronounce it Loo-peen, so that would avoid the repeating sounds.

1 Like

I’m super excited someone used [name_f]Ida[/name_f]! Not really sure what I think of [name_u]Lupine[/name_u].

1 Like

Ida [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] is amazing! I love the sweetness and charm of [name_f]Ida[/name_f] paired with the unexpected energy of [name_u]Lupine[/name_u].

1 Like

I think it’s gorgeous! :star_struck: [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is a fabulous underused vintage gem, strong and sweet, and [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] is a really fresh flower name that feels pretty, quirky and strong all at the same time. Big fan here!

3 Likes

I think it’s gorgeous! [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is one of my very favorite girl names, and [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] is an unexpected flower name that I have a soft spot for. Beautiful!

3 Likes

Not my style. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love it! Totally suits [name_f]Jenny[/name_f]’s style too

1 Like

Lupine has grown on me. I really like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] [name_u]Lupine[/name_u]!

Too close to [name_f]Ida[/name_f] Lupino for my taste.

1 Like

@Harvest-Endellion That’s a reason why they chose the name.

OK. Not my taste, but OK.

1 Like

I really adore the name, tbh! I think [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is a really neat classic to revive and I love the underused flower name of [name_u]Lupine[/name_u]. Reminds me of Icelandic [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] fields :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is my absolute favourite celeb baby name ever! I’m actually kind of mad about it because this was a fave combo of mine and now I have to rethink what to match [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and [name_u]Lupine[/name_u] with

2 Likes