Ida -- ready for a comeback?

What are your thoughts on the name [name]Ida[/name]? Ready for a comeback, or still too dusty?

I am not even sure how it is correctly pronounced…is it eye-da or ee-da?

Definitely ready for a comeback- it was popular in the early 1900’s, and berries are reviving all her sister names ([name]Ada[/name], [name]Ava[/name]) so why not [name]Ida[/name] also? It’s pronounced “eye-dah”. I personally wouldn’t use it, but it’s got a lot of vintage appeal.

Not with me. I had a Great-Aunt [name]Ida[/name], which toasts a name. But with today’s moms? Yes. I think it’s about time. My great-aunt was an eye-dah.

I’m still only associating [name]Ida[/name] with older ladies. Not a name I would use.

Its still a bit too old sounding to me. Also, I pronounce it eye-da.

I like the vintage appeal of [name]Ida[/name]. It would certainly be a rare and bold choice for a daughter. It is similar to [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] so there is a possibility of a comeback. I don’t think it will be as popular as [name]Ava[/name] but may be chosen by parents looking for something different. I believe it’s popular in Scandinavia (eg. Swedish actor [name]Dolph[/name] Lundgren named his daughter [name]Ida[/name] years back). There are two pronunciations: In [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name], it is pronounced “EYE-dah” but for the Europeans (eg. [name]German[/name], Dutch and Italian) the pronunciation is “EE’dah”. I like the first one better.

I love it.