Ideas? 5,6,7 letter name ending in a, with nn ending in double letter y.

Thank you Berries for all the wonderful suggestions! So many great ideas but still none that seem perfect. Either they are names that we can’t use like any P or B names because of our last name or names like [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Eloisa[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Annika[/name] that friends have already used. Then there are the ones that don’t seem original enough like [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name].

I also take on board what emiliaj is saying too and know that i am probably over thinking it. I just want the name to be perfect as i have had name regret with [name]Milla[/name] and wish i’d called her Mietta nn [name]Mimi[/name].

This is definitely our last child so don’t need to worry about naming any others, thank heavens!

Possibilities at the moment: [name]Giselle[/name] nn [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Katya[/name] nn [name]Kitty[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] nn [name]Immy[/name], [name]Arietta[/name] nn [name]Etty[/name], [name]Azalea[/name] nn Azzy, [name]Raina[/name] nn [name]Rainy[/name], Isadora nn Issy, Arletta nn Arly, Ariella nn Elly (too popular?)

I really like nns [name]Flossy[/name] or Flissy (not sure about [name]Flora[/name] though), [name]Lenny[/name] ([name]Elena[/name] is cute) and [name]Lydia[/name] nn Liddy is growing on me too.

Oh dear, am I beyond help?

I think [name]Immy[/name] is too close to [name]Milly[/name], sound-wise…Azzy too close to Sassy…

I really like your very first suggestion of [name]Katya[/name] nn [name]Kitty[/name]. I also like [name]Arietta[/name] nn [name]Etty[/name]. [name]Elly[/name] is crazy popular in the US, for a variety of names.

I know a woman named [name]Rona[/name], you could use [name]Rony[/name].

I also thought of [name]Honora[/name] or [name]Annora[/name] nn Nory. With [name]Honora[/name] you could also use [name]Honey[/name] (if not too sweet).

Also like the suggestion of [name]Tallulah[/name] nn [name]Tally[/name].

(I love [name]Milla[/name] nn [name]Milly[/name]. I like Mietta, too, but not [name]Mimi[/name] so much. Nn for [name]Miriam[/name] in our family).

Hiya! Sounds like you are having just as much trouble as we are still having with girl no.3 too! Or should I say I am still having and dh is annoyed about ‘having’ to think about names, he is quite happy with [name]Thea[/name] and thinks I’m being silly when I say I’m not happy and that it doesn’t ‘go with’ the other girls as much as I want it too! Ha that said I’ve not found many great alternatives for the nn [name]Thea[/name] and though I still really like it the fact it’s short is still bothering me. Least if she has a longer name she has more options in the future…and the other girls are shortened to [name]Lyssa[/name] and Chesca so [name]Thea[/name] though more of a proper name also feels like a nn!

Arrrhh is driving me potty, mind is just going round in circles, as I imagine yours is too. Loads of gorgeous suggestions by the berries so far.

Of your favourites I like [name]Arietta[/name], [name]Alessia[/name], [name]Ariella[/name] also pretty but [name]Elly[/name] is popular isn’t it, you could use ‘Arry’ instead but does sound a bit like [name]Harry[/name] with a dropped H! Also your top name of [name]Giselle[/name] is pretty…do you like [name]Gisella[/name] instead at all and that way you get the a on the end and can still call her [name]Gigi[/name]? My only issue with that name is it reminds me of Grizella one of the ugly sisters in disneys cinderella! But not exactly an issue you’d find a problem on a day to day basis, especially after she’d outgrown daily playings of disney dvds!

I REALLY like [name]India[/name] nn [name]Indy[/name]? That way you’d still have the ‘y’ sound and it’s not too similar to Sassy or [name]Milly[/name]?

OR how about [name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name]? I also love that…but ruled it out because of the A beginning! That said It doesn’t have your normal ‘a’ sound it’s more like ‘or’ so perhaps I should shift back and out of the [name]Thea[/name] zone altogether. hmmm

Ooo it’s a tricky challenge you’ve got there, it’s so hard isn’t it, trying not to obsess and over think it all - to just pick a pretty one you like and no worry about other things but I’m the same, I just can’t seem to let all that stuff go and I want it to be perfect. I still wonder if I like the name [name]Francesca[/name] as much as I should do! Particularly when she gets called [name]Chess[/name]!

[name]Will[/name] have a further think for you!

Still like [name]Giselle[/name] a lot, and I think it would be perfect with [name]Saskia[/name] and [name]Milla[/name]. My second pick would be [name]Imogen[/name]. Good luck:)

please keep voting!