Ideas?

[name]Hi[/name] again!

I recently posted about the names [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Juliet[/name]. I absolutely love those names and will definitely be considering them for any future children. Lately though, I’ve been really interested in the name [name]Romy[/name], and I don’t know why. I never liked it before, but I just can’t get it out of my head! I was wondering what everyone thinks of this name. I guess what is kind of confusing me is that I like more old-fashioned, classic names, and [name]Romy[/name] doesn’t seem like that to me. What kinds of names could you see as siblings for [name]Romy[/name]? I’m not sure if I would consider using the name [name]Romy[/name], but I thought maybe knowing what kinds of names sound good with it could help me see why I’ve been in love with it lately. This isn’t urgent, so you don’t have to reply if you don’t want to, but if you have any ideas, that would be great!

Thank you so much!

I think [name]Romy[/name] is a very cute nickname for [name]Rosemary[/name], but I wouldn’t use it as a full name. :slight_smile:

I actually like the name [name]Romy[/name].
It isn’t really classic and has never been that popular but it isn’t ultra modern either. It’s that odd place inbetween.

Yes, I like the idea of using [name]Romy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Rosemary[/name]. I’m not too keen on [name]Rosemary[/name] myself, but I can see it easily fitting in with [name]Josephine[/name] and even [name]Juliet[/name].

Other names I think mesh well with [name]Romy[/name] alone:

[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Elsie[/name]
[name]Karla[/name]
[name]Kirsten[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Milla[/name]
[name]Stefanie[/name]
[name]Tanner[/name]

I’m not thinking those names are your style…

Thanks to all who have replied so far. I do like [name]Romy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Rosemary[/name]. I like the name [name]Rosemary[/name], but I don’t love it (though I do kind of like it with [name]Josephine[/name] - that’s something to think about!).

I like what [name]Kiki[/name] said about it being in that odd place between classic and modern. I think maybe that is what is kind of interesting about the name for me.

[name]Lemon[/name] - I really like the suggestion of [name]Adele[/name]. I kind of like the name [name]Annika[/name] but, as you said, the other names there aren’t really my style. I did like seeing what kinds of names you can see with [name]Romy[/name], though, so thanks!

If anyone else has any ideas for siblings or combos, or any other thoughts on [name]Romy[/name], I would love to hear them!

I think that [name]Romy[/name] is sweet. I can see it on its own and as a nickname for (in addition to [name]Rosemary[/name]):

[name]Roma[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] (I can’t recall who thought of this, but I thought it was a great idea)

If you’re not sure about [name]Romy[/name] on its own, you could always use it as a nickname for something more classic (or even exotic) such as:

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] (the [name]Ro[/name] from [name]Rose[/name] and the Mi from [name]Miranda[/name], spelling the nickname [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Mina[/name] (ditto)

With [name]Romy[/name], which has a unisex feel to me, I picture names that are either unisex or have at least a bit of offbeat charm:

Girls

[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]

[name]August[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying [name]Jill[/name]! I had forgotten about the name [name]Romilly[/name]. I also like your idea of [name]Rose[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] or [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Mina[/name] with [name]Romy[/name] as a nickname, and I love the names [name]Iris[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Jude[/name], and [name]Miles[/name].

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and ideas. It has been very helpful to me! If anyone has anymore, please share!