Identical twin boys

My wife and I are expecting identical twin boys [name]January[/name] 2010… We’ve decided that one of the boys is going to be [name]Jaxon[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] (I know a lot of people hate the spelling, but we really love it and want his nickname to be “[name]Jax[/name]”) and we’re having a hard time deciding on the second name. I really like the name [name]Miles[/name] [name]Andrew[/name], and my wife likes [name]Maddox[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]. What do you all think? Or should we look at different names altogether? Any input you have would be appreciated!!

Either sounds good. If u use maddox will there be a nickname?

I really love [name]Miles[/name] [name]Andrew[/name], but think that the edgier [name]Maddox[/name] is a better fit with [name]Jaxon[/name]/[name]Jax[/name]. (I can see [name]Miles[/name] with [name]Jackson[/name], though.)

You may also like:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies… We’ve talked about nicknames for [name]Maddox[/name]…Either “Dox” or “[name]Max[/name]”… Only thing is that I think it sounds corny with “[name]Max[/name]” and “[name]Jax[/name]”…LOL

What do you think?

Two names ending in x ([name]Max[/name], Dox/[name]Jax[/name]) seems too matchy to me, especially for identical twin boys. (But that’s just me!) :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I agree that [name]Max[/name]/Dox and [name]Jax[/name] are too matchy. I really like [name]Miles[/name]. [name]Milo[/name] could be cute nn for [name]Miles[/name]–[name]Jax[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]? Makes [name]Miles[/name] a little edgier to match with [name]Jaxon[/name]'s spelling. I agree with pp that [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] may go better, but since you want to stick with [name]Jaxon[/name], I kind of like [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Jax[/name] for nicknames.

I agree! I at first thought [name]Maddox[/name] went better with [name]Jaxon[/name], but when I looked at it again (especially with the nn) it was too matchy, and made the [name]Jaxon[/name] spelling look a bit too trendy. Whereas [name]Miles[/name] sort of makes [name]Jaxon[/name] look more classic, and I love gwensmom’s idea of [name]Jax[/name] and [name]Milo[/name].
They sound like a pair of very handsome boys!

I love this idea. [name]Miles[/name] is one of my favorite boys’ names.

[name]Jax[/name] and [name]Max[/name] are too much alike in my opinion. I do however like both names seperately. [name]Miles[/name] is a nice name but it’s not as edgy as [name]Jaxon[/name] though. As suggested [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] would work great.

[name]Jaxon[/name] and -

[name]Cade[/name]
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Daxter[/name] or [name]Dexter[/name] but the nn [name]Dax[/name] or [name]Dex[/name] wouldn’t work to well. [name]Dex[/name], idk maybe.
[name]Eli[/name] - One of my favorites (right now) I feels kind of edgy to me, maybe because it’s short and to the point. [name]Jax[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]?
[name]Nico[/name] (nee-co) maybe short for [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Nikolai[/name] or even [name]Dominic[/name]. I’m liking [name]Jaxon[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name], [name]Jax[/name] and [name]Nico[/name],
[name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]

[name]Max[/name] & [name]Jaz[/name] is way too cutsey. I don’t like matching initials for twins so I wouldn’t do [name]Maddox[/name] & [name]Miles[/name] either. [name]Miles[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] is gorgeous I am not a fan of [name]Jackson[/name] at all I much prefer [name]Jack[/name] or [name]James[/name] :slight_smile:
good luck with making a decision :slight_smile:

I like [name]Miles[/name] better with [name]Jaxon[/name]. I especially love the nickname [name]Milo[/name]–[name]Milo[/name] and [name]Jax[/name] are great!

I really love [name]Miles[/name] with [name]Jackson[/name], but I guess I see [name]Jaxon[/name] as an entirely different name from [name]Jackson[/name]. To me, the X turns it into a rough, hypermasculine, trendy name like [name]Axel[/name], [name]Slade[/name], or [name]Gage[/name]. That X is powerful! :slight_smile:

I guess I see a [name]Miles[/name] (I love this name) being preppy, studious, and traditional, with a side part and glasses, while I picture a [name]Jaxon[/name] (and [name]Jax[/name]) being wild, with a rock band and tattoos. They just feel like polar opposites to me.

[name]Jackson[/name], while still popular, reminds me of [name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name]’ husband in [name]Steel[/name] Magnolias. I picture a preppy Southern man with an athletic streak and the nickname [name]Jack[/name]. I can see [name]Miles[/name] with [name]Jackson[/name].

That said, I do think that [name]Maddox[/name] is 100% Brangelina, and that if you’d like to keep the X theme and aren’t set on [name]Maddox[/name], another less Brangelina name may work for you, such as:

[name]Xavier[/name] (nn Xave)
[name]Alexander[/name] (You could call him [name]Zander[/name] or even [name]Xander[/name], which is still trendy/modern like [name]Maddox[/name])
[name]Dexter[/name] (more along the style of [name]Miles[/name], though)
[name]Zane[/name] (not an X name, but I can see it with [name]Jaxon[/name]/[name]Jax[/name])

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to add that you can use the spelling [name]Jackson[/name] and use the nn Jacks or [name]Jax[/name]. That said, [name]Jack[/name]/[name]Jax[/name]/[name]Jackson[/name] is a great name, but also VERY popular. With identical twins I would lean towards less common names so that they can embrace something as being uniquely theirs.

Since the boys will be identical, I’m thinking along with others here that having a (very stand-out) “X” in both names is too similar. Funny because about any other letter in the middle of their names (maybe “Z” and “Q” aside) wouldn’t strike me as “matchy.”

If you want to spell [name]Jaxon[/name] with an “X”, than I second the vote for [name]Milo[/name] as sibling. Very neat.
Good luck!

Congratulations on the twins! I wanted to mention that I love [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Miles[/name], but not [name]Jaxon[/name]… My husband is [name]Jackson[/name] and he goes by [name]Jax[/name] so don’t think that [name]Jax[/name] is ruled out if you decide to go with the traditional spelling! Personally, I wish my husband would be [name]Jack[/name] or [name]Jackson[/name] because he has a very serious job and [name]Jax[/name] is so fun… although I guess it stops people assuming he’s boring! When I was first introduced to my husband (as [name]Jax[/name]) all I could think of was Jatz biscuits…

Anyway I really love [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]! [name]Jax[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]! So cute :slight_smile:

Good luck :smiley:

Why not just goes with plain [name]Jax[/name], I have a feeling no matter how you spell [name]Jackson[/name], he will just end up [name]Jack[/name] and this might defeat the whole purpose. I think [name]Maddox[/name] goes great with [name]Jax[/name] or [name]Jaxon[/name].

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] is a gorgeous name. I am the mother of a [name]Miles[/name] and I am absolutely in love with the name. [name]Miles[/name] suits all ages. It is a very handsome name. You will probably find that he won’t even get a nn.

I have a [name]Jacquelyn[/name] so we have very similar naming styles.

You could easily have [name]Jax[/name] as the nn for your son [name]Jackson[/name]. I see no need to change the traditional spelling at all, in fact I strongly encourage you to use [name]Jackson[/name].

Another handsome combo is

[name]Miles[/name] and [name]Grant[/name]

I am very interested to find out what names you eventually settle on.

Best wishes from [name]Miles[/name]’ mother!!

PS I love [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]

Another suggestion

[name]Miles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Grant[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name]