Idina?

Pronounced uh-dee-nuh.

Pronounced like [name_f]Idina[/name_f] Menzel pronounces it. Thoughts?

I would think it was pronounced like EE-dee-nah.

I like it! I do connect it very much with [name_f]Idina[/name_f] Menzel, which isn’t a bad association but still a strong one. And I’ve always said her name eye-dee-nuh, but I’m not sure if that’s how she says it. uh-dee-nuh is nice as well.

1 Like

I think it has a beautiful sound but I’d spell it [name_f]Adina[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Idina[/name_f] will get ee-dee-nah and eye-dee-nah way more often than uh-dee-nuh. Still gorgeous!

1 Like

I always pronounced it Eye-dee-nuh. Tbh [name_f]Idina[/name_f] Menzel is not my favorite association which would put me off, but as long as the association doesn’t bother you I see no problem with the name!

I made a Frozen connection too at first, but with [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] + [name_f]Anna[/name_f]’s mother, [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Iduna[/name_f]. I think it’s pretty, but the Frozen associations might put people off. If you like it though, then I don’t see a problem :slight_smile:

Idina is very pretty and sleek

I’m pretty sure [name_f]Idina[/name_f] Menzel is pronounced eye-dee-na, isn’t it?

No she pronounces it uh-dee-nuh

I love it! I’ve started to prefer the [name_f]Adena[/name_f] spelling like the character on The Bold Type. Pronounced the same way, and perhaps more intuitive for the “uh-dee-nuh” pronunciation if people looking at it are somehow unfamiliar with how [name_f]Idina[/name_f] Menzel pronounces it.

To my ear it sounds more like ih-deen than uh-deen when I’ve heard her say it in interviews but I think I get what you mean. I think it’s a lovely name! She probably will get ee-deen-a often but I think as far as pronunciation mistakes goes it’s fairly minor and easy to correct. It wouldn’t deter me from using [name_f]Idina[/name_f].

I think it’s pretty. Not really my style, but I think it would be an unexpected and cool choice. [name_f]Idina[/name_f] Menzel is a strong association, but not a bad one by any means. :slight_smile: