If I use Marshall, can I use Harlow?

Sorry for so many posts lately. I’m just trying to make sure I’m happy with the name I chose for my son due in [name_u]December[/name_u]. We are between [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], and I love them both and my husband is also having a really difficult time deciding.

Something on my mind is my girl name has always been [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. I love this name so much! I dont know if we are having another baby and obviously no guarantee if we did it would be a girl. I only wanted one child for a lot of personal reasons. I’m also older having a baby (although apparently it’s common where I live for women to have babies older and my doctors keep saying I’m actually young, which has given me hope that maybe I could have another child). Its crossed my mind that I may try for two - I still dont know. I’m super thankful to be having this little baby and have nothing but gratitude!

But I’m maybe saving some hope that I could use [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] someday. So does [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] clash with [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] due to some similar letters? (The “ar” as second and third letters and they both have l as well). Or would they be okay sibling names?

I love [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] (I love [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] too so at least there are two boy names I love!), so if we decide on it, should I not hold back for the mere fantasy that [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] may come along?

I do have other girl names on my list ([name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_m]Bellamie[/name_m], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_f]Amalia[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Capri[/name_f] - I think about names way too much!) and haven’t even talked to husband about if he likes [name_u]Harlow[/name_u]! So it seems like I shouldn’t give up my boy name when I’m actually having a boy for a hypothetical. But I just love [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] so much - it’s definitely my number 1 for a girl! [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_u]Harlow[/name_u]??

1 Like

They’re usable together for sure! Really the “ar” sound is the only really really close similarity, so since the endings are different I wouldn’t worry. Your favorite names are lovely, and [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are beautiful together!

1 Like

Yes; they fit nicely together :slight_smile:

1 Like

They work well together!

1 Like

Marshall and [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] are fine as siblings.

1 Like

I think [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] and [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] work well together

1 Like

I agree with everybody that they would be fine as siblings, they don’t sound too similar at all.

1 Like

Marshall and [name_u]Harlow[/name_u] flow well together. They’re not too similar.

1 Like

Whew! [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear it! I didnt think it would be a deal breaker but sometimes I’m at not good at hearing flow or similarities of names. I really loved [name_m]Callahan[/name_m] for a boy but my husband is [name_m]Alan[/name_m] and our dog is [name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u]. They all sound too similar but I didnt realize until others pointed it out!

I have a name that actually is very similar to my mom’s name and the similarities bothered me.

That said it’s funny how some names work together. [name_f]My[/name_f] friend named her children [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] and it honestly really works!