if not Theresa then what?

So hubby and I are strongly considering [name]Theresa[/name] nn [name]Tess[/name] for our baby if she’s a girl. Our only hesitation is that our last name is [name]Tyson[/name]. We didn’t choose it for our other girls because we thought the repeating T-s in the first and last name was bad, but since then I’ve gotten lots of positive feedback on [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] or [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]. Siblings are [name]Paul[/name], [name]Clare[/name], [name]Mark[/name], and [name]Katharine[/name]. [name]Katharine[/name] always goes by a nickname mostly [name]Katie[/name], but also [name]Kate[/name], [name]Kit[/name], and [name]Kat[/name] and I’m not sure which one will stick. So I’d like a strong alternative to [name]Theresa[/name]/[name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] in case I get cold feet about the alliteration. Names we’ve considered in the past are

[name]Grace[/name] - would have used for [name]Mark[/name] but it’s so popular here that it’s harder to love
[name]Anne[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] - mainly to get to the nn [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name] - feel like it goes with my boys’ names more than my girls
[name]Mary[/name] - to get to the nn [name]May[/name]
[name]Marie[/name] - sometimes I like this but other times I don’t think I do
[name]Adele[/name] -
[name]Lucy[/name] - dh’s favorite but I don’t love it
[name]Magdalene[/name] - dh would love [name]Maggie[/name] I’m not sure how I feel about it

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]! The others don’t compare for me.

Thanks so much! I needed that. I made the big mistake of talking about baby names over Thanksgiving and my mom really disliked [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name]. Though I think she just doesn’t like [name]Tess[/name]. However, she does have an alliterative name (both maiden and married her initials have been CC) and so I’ve given it more weight.

Well, just to counter-balance your mom’s experience, my best friend growing up had MM for her initials and loved the alliteration. She recently gave her new baby an alliterative name.

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] is very sweet. I love alliteration :smiley:

I think [name]Tess[/name] [name]Tyson[/name] sounds musical! By far the best out of the ones chosen.