If we were to have a boy...

So, right now, we are still planning on naming our twin girls, [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] to go along with [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name].

Not to say that we are/are not going to have any more children… but if we did… what names (1 boy, 1 girl) would also go with these 3??

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] ([name]Dottie[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Mattie[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name])

First off, you have picked gorgeous names for your daughters! They are beautiful! Hmmm this is a tricky one…

Boy: [name]William[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Will[/name] or Phinaes [name]Henry[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]

Girl: [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name] or [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Mae[/name] nn [name]Ginny[/name]

Tell me if I was close!

Oh… I think I could see a [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (nn [name]Harry[/name])

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] ([name]Dottie[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Mattie[/name])
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] ([name]Harry[/name])

Going on the literary theme… [name]Harry[/name] ([name]Potter[/name]) and [name]Oliver[/name] (Twist)

I guess that would be the safe choice… but can we get anymore creative?

Would [name]Alice[/name] still go with the others?

Good question. I love the names you’ve chosen for your daughters they fit so well togther.

Boys -

[name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name] nn [name]Desi[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] nn [name]Eddie[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fred[/name] or [name]Freddie[/name]
[name]George[/name] nn [name]Georgie[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Riordan[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name]
[name]William[/name] - ditto Charliehotsox

Girls -

[name]Evangeline[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name] or [name]Frannie[/name] or [name]Fritzi[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] nn [name]Vivi[/name] or [name]Ginny[/name] ditto Charliehotsox
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]/[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - nn [name]Gwennie[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Harriett[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Posey[/name]
[name]Collette[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] could work it is a bit close to [name]Eloise[/name] though. What about [name]Alison[/name]?

Well the first three has a lit theme going.

[name]Dorothy[/name] (wizard of oz - family name) [name]Violet[/name] (family name and I am pretty sure there are [name]Violet[/name] lit characters) [name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Matilda[/name]) [name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]Heidi[/name]) [name]Eloise[/name] (at the PLaza) [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Web[/name])

If we were to have another child, their name would have to follow this pattern and have a nickname that would go with [name]Dottie[/name], [name]Mattie[/name], and [name]Ellie[/name]…

Makes it a bit tricky…

OH! I see now! So you’re going with a literary theme. Well! that makes a difference. [name]How[/name] about [name]Atticus[/name] (TKAM) [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] (Mr. [name]Darcy[/name] from Pride and Prejudice). It’s a bit adventurous but I could see it…

Oh I like!!

[name]Dottie[/name]
[name]Mattie[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Attie[/name]? ---- hmmm… [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Attie[/name] don’t go Any other nns for [name]Atticus[/name]??

[name]Fitzwilliam[/name] - Fitzie or [name]Willie[/name].

[name]Dottie[/name]
[name]Mattie[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]Willie[/name]

Is [name]Darcy[/name] too feminine?

[name]Hi[/name] there! :slight_smile: I tried to include some literary names, espcially from children’s literature, and I apologize for repeats!

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] (popular, though)
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] (I think you dislike this name, though…I’m thinking of [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Quimby[/name]) :slight_smile:
[name]Thomasina[/name]

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Abner[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I am trying to think of nn for [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Fitzwilliam[/name]…Tica?, no probably not. You could go by his middle name so [name]Fitz[/name] or [name]Will[/name]…maybe

[name]Jill[/name] - I think I am missing the lit reference to some of these (marked by ?)

[name]Annabelle[/name] - ?
[name]Amelia[/name] (popular, though) - I have never liked this name. So its ok that it is popular!
[name]Beatrix[/name] - ? ([name]Ramona[/name]??)
[name]Cordelia[/name] - ?
[name]Felicity[/name] - Is there a lit?
[name]Penelope[/name] - ?
[name]Ramona[/name] (I think you dislike this name, though…I’m thinking of [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Quimby[/name]) :slight_smile:
[name]Thomasina[/name] - I know the movie… is there a book?

[name]Arthur[/name] - [name]Artie[/name]… This could work
[name]Abner[/name] - ?
[name]Barnaby[/name] - ?
[name]Conrad[/name] - ?
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]George[/name] - which one did you have in mind?
[name]Henry[/name] - So far… yes
[name]Jasper[/name] - ?
[name]James[/name] - Giant peach
[name]Milo[/name] - ? I can only think of [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] - love
[name]Peter[/name] - [name]Pan[/name]?
[name]Simon[/name] - ?
[name]Theodore[/name] - ?
[name]Thomas[/name] - ?

Maybe my brain has been fried from all the late night work, lately, but the only boy names that I can come up with are:

[name]Henry[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] [name]POtter[/name])
[name]Oliver[/name] (Twist)
[name]Darcy[/name] ( P &P)
[name]HUckleberry[/name] ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Atticus[/name] ([name]Finch[/name])
[name]Fitzwilliam[/name] ([name]Darcy[/name])
[name]Sawyer[/name]/[name]Thomas[/name]/[name]Tommy[/name] - although have a cousin with [name]Tommy[/name] name

[name]Hansel[/name] ([name]Gretel[/name])

[name]Jill[/name] - I think I am missing the lit reference to some of these (marked by ?)

[name]Annabelle[/name] - ?
[name]Amelia[/name] (popular, though) - I have never liked this name. So its ok that it is popular!
[name]Beatrix[/name] - ? ([name]Ramona[/name]??)
[name]Cordelia[/name] - ?
[name]Felicity[/name] - Is there a lit?
[name]Penelope[/name] - ?
[name]Thomasina[/name] - I know the movie… is there a book?

[name]Arthur[/name] - [name]Artie[/name]… This could work
[name]Abner[/name] - ?
[name]Barnaby[/name] - ?
[name]Conrad[/name] - ?
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]George[/name] - which one did you have in mind?
[name]Henry[/name] - So far… yes
[name]Jasper[/name] - ?
[name]James[/name] - Giant peach
[name]Milo[/name] - ? I can only think of [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Otis[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] - love
[name]Peter[/name] - [name]Pan[/name]?
[name]Simon[/name] - ?
[name]Theodore[/name] - ?
[name]Thomas[/name] - ?[/quote]

I’m sorry I wasn’t more specific! :slight_smile: Oops!

[name]Annabelle[/name]: I was going for [name]Anne[/name] from [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables and [name]Belle[/name] from Sleeping Beauty, in a two-for-one deal. :slight_smile:
[name]Beatrix[/name]: I was thinking of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]: [name]Shakespeare[/name] ([name]King[/name] Lear), and a mention in [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables
[name]Felicity[/name]: I was thinking of the books that come with the doll. :slight_smile:
[name]Penelope[/name]: There’s a book called [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name] is in the Odyssey (if my memory serves me correctly). There’s also a movie with [name]Christina[/name] [name]Ricci[/name], but it’s not the best association because she’s cursed (temporarily) with a pig’s nose. (It’s a fairy tale.)
[name]Thomasina[/name]: Yes, there’s a book by [name]Paul[/name] Gallico. (The movie is based on the book.)

[name]Abner[/name]: I was just thinking I liked it with your babies’ names
[name]Barnaby[/name]: I just thought it sounded cool with your names…
[name]Conrad[/name]: Ditto…
[name]George[/name]: I was thinking of Curious [name]George[/name] and [name]George[/name] and [name]Martha[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]: No book…
[name]Milo[/name]: The Phantom Tollbooth
[name]Peter[/name]: The [name]Lion[/name], the Witch, and the Wardrobe
[name]Theodore[/name]: [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] from [name]Little[/name] Women (nn [name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Thomas[/name]: [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]

Adding:

[name]Lucy[/name]: The [name]Lion[/name], the Witch, and the Wardrobe (You could use [name]Lucinda[/name]…)
[name]Mary[/name]: Poppins

I really love [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Arthur[/name]! So cute! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Jill[/name] - You know, after I read it again and thought about it a little longer, a few more of those made more sense. I need more sleep! You are quite the night owl too. Are you in the states? Cause if you aren’t, I am the only weird one here.

[name]Nancy[/name] - a childrens book called [name]Fancy[/name] [name]Nancy[/name]
[name]Stuart[/name] - [name]Stuart[/name] [name]Little[/name]

This would be a good question for my daughter she is a bookworm.

[name]Stuart[/name]!! Thats a good one!!

[name]Stuart[/name], [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Willie[/name], [name]Huckleberry[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Henry[/name]/[name]Harry[/name]

Oh, yes! [name]Stuart[/name]! That’s a great one! :slight_smile:

(Yes, I’m in the U.S.! I’m a night owl, too, but I’m going to start going to bed earlier.) :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

Insomniac here -

From my daughter’s favorite books -

[name]Mandy[/name] by [name]Julie[/name] Andrews Edwards she’s read this one a million times.
[name]Jane[/name] - Half [name]Magic[/name]
[name]Jonas[/name] - The Giver
[name]Winne[/name] & [name]Tuck[/name] - [name]Tuck[/name] Everlasting
[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Drew[/name] by [name]Carolyn[/name] [name]Keene[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] - [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] - The [name]Golden[/name] Compass
[name]Meggie[/name] - Ink Spell
[name]James[/name] - [name]James[/name] and the Giant Peach
[name]Charlie[/name] - [name]Charlie[/name] and the Chocolate Factory
[name]Roald[/name] as in [name]Roald[/name] Dahl would make a good mn.
[name]Clementine[/name] by [name]Sara[/name] Pennypacker
[name]Beverly[/name] as in [name]Beverly[/name] Clearly the author.
[name]Margot[/name] - All [name]Summer[/name] and a [name]Day[/name] her recent favorite book and she loves the name [name]Margot[/name].
Who were the boys in [name]Little[/name] Men?

For a boy, perhaps [name]Gatsby[/name] (if you’re a fan of fitzgerald). Doesn’t lend itself well to nicknames, but I think it has the feel of the same “era” as your girls (which are gorgeous, delicious names, BTW!).

Also, rather than the celebrity-fave of [name]Atticus[/name], get the TKAM reference with [name]Jeremy[/name] (or [name]James[/name], though not accurate to the novel) - nn [name]Jem[/name]. I know of a [name]Dorian[/name], named after the not-so-great role model [name]Dorian[/name] [name]Grey[/name], but the name is striking. [name]May[/name] be too similar to [name]Dot[/name]/[name]Dottie[/name] though.

[name]Annabelle[/name], spelled [name]Annabel[/name], references [name]Poe[/name]'s “[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Lee[/name]”. [name]Lovely[/name], but a tragic association.

There is also a book out there called “A is for [name]Atticus[/name]: [name]Baby[/name] Names From Great Books” by [name]Lorilee[/name] Craker. Might be a useful starting point, but somewhat less fun than soliciting our opinions :slight_smile: