If You Could Change Your Name

If you could have named yourself, what would you pick? First, middle, last (unless you like your last name and don’t care to share it.)

I’ll start - In high school I chose [name]Nina[/name] for my nickname because my grandma’s nickname was Marianina. I always hated [name]Cristina[/name] and often wished I could have been named something cooler and more unique, like [name]Alicia[/name], [name]Amber[/name], [name]Holly[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Lindsay[/name], [name]Chelsea[/name], [name]Daniella[/name] or [name]Vincenza[/name]. (All names of girls I knew growing up that were popular.)
Then I went through a phase where I desperately wanted a more distinctly Italian name, and then I went through a phase where I wanted a Celtic/Welsh/Norse sort of name. I loved [name]Fallon[/name].
Now I accept my name but wish not as many people had it. I would prefer it be [name]Cristiona[/name], [name]Crystelle[/name], [name]Ceridwen[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name], Caspera or [name]Crispina[/name]. And as for my middle name, not something so normal. [name]Mariane[/name] seems too goody-two-shoes, definitely not me.

So…if I could change it right now, I’d change [name]Cristina[/name] [name]Mariane[/name] to [name]Cristiona[/name] [name]Una[/name] or [name]Cristiona[/name] [name]Nicasia[/name] S____. I used to hate my last name but not that I’m about to change it because I’m getting married I find that I don’t want to loose it.

So what’s your ideal name? I guess pen names can also apply to this topic, because if I ever got published I would use my ideal name instead of my real name.

Interesting topic, would like to change my name to [name]Cherilyn[/name] (no idea about middle or last name yet), my real name is [name]Cheryl[/name].

Although I like my name, I always thought that if I had to change it I’d be [name]Julia[/name]. And [name]Edna[/name] as a middle name after my grandmother, because I’d really like to have a meaningful middle name!

I really like my name, but if I had to change it I might go by [name]Marie[/name] instead. [name]Marie[/name] is actually my middle name, but I think it makes a beautiful first name.

If I had to change my name, I would change it to [name]Mina[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]. I like my real name, but I feel that if this were my name, I wouldn’t be called [name]AJA[/name], and there also wouldn’t be the horrific nickname “[name]Tennie[/name] A-Theenie.” I’m still called that to this very day.

If I could change my name it would be [name]Laura[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] or [name]Laura[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name]. I know a lot of people consider [name]Laura[/name] to be old-fashioned and not very cool but I have always loved the name.

My name is [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Hope[/name]. Although I think it is pretty and get many compliments on it, I wish they both weren’t so popular. But honestly I wouldn’t change the name, I would just make it Chl”e [name]Hope[/name]. Or something less trendy like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Helena[/name] nn [name]Lottie[/name]. I would love that :smiley:

I love my name but if I had to choose another I’d make my name [name]Evangeline[/name] I’d keep my middle name [name]Leticia[/name] and my last name.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Leticia[/name]

My first name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lizzie[/name] and my middle name is [name]Carol[/name]. I absolutely hate my name. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is an okay name but I hate when people call me that. I also hate my nickname. I feel like [name]Lizzie[/name] sound dumb and more than half the time, when I introduce myself [name]Lizzie[/name] is mistaken for [name]Lindsay[/name]. It is extremely annoying. My middle name I hate even more. I’m named after my grandmother but I loathe the name. It is old fashioned and boring. My full name, [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Carol[/name], makes me feel like someone my grandparents age. I would wish to change my name to something feminine but classic, like [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Lorraine[/name]. I’m not sure about my middle name. Maybe [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Florence[/name] (my great grandmothers name). However the most name changing I would be even close to would be being called [name]Liz[/name] instead of [name]Lizzie[/name], a more sophisticated take on a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. While I appreciate the reason for what I was named I wod have preferred that my parents had named me a more interesting first name instead of two old fashioned names.