If you could change your name...

What would it be??

~[name]Jasmine[/name]:confused:

I would keep mine. I can’t even get around to taking my husband’s last name, even though I kind of want to.

Ha. I think I would keep mine too. The only one I would change is my married LN. I am perfectly happy that I took my husband’s name. I just wish he’d had a “better” one to begin with. It’s also very common male FN. So you can’t really Fit names to it, you just have to get used to it.

I know I went through that stage when I was young about wanting a different name, but I can’t remember at all what I liked and wanted at the time.

Although I love my First and Middle name now, when I was younger I have thought about changing my middle name sometimes. Mostly the spelling though.

Names that I think may fit…

[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]

Haha, you know what, I have no idea of other possible name choices. I just know it would have started with an “L”.

I intend to change my name, top contenders now are:
[name]Ava[/name], [name]Aria[/name], [name]Serena[/name], [name]Natalia[/name].

I’ve considered [name]April[/name] and [name]Emma[/name] very seriously before.
I love [name]Cassandra[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name] on me, but it’s my cousins name.

I love my name, but if I could change it, I would probably become [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louisa[/name], or [name]Mae[/name] [name]Helena[/name]. They just seem so much more feminine then [name]Athena[/name].

But that’s just hypothetical.

• [name]Athena[/name]

I wouldn’t change my name. haha. I have gone my whole life until about 3 years ago saying I definitely would change my name, but now I just can’t see me as anything but an [name]Ashley[/name]. I really love my FN (except for the whole unisex thing). I think I’d be a perfect [name]Ashley[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name], I’d still keep my surname, but it seems utterly ridiculous to keep what I’d go by, but have to get everything changed anyway, because my MNs would be different. I really don’t like my combo as a whole, though–[name]Marie[/name] is way too rhymey with [name]Ashley[/name], and I’ve always found [name]Marie[/name] to be very ugly, harsh, etc. I would have liked [name]Ashley[/name] [name]Maria[/name] even more, but even that doesn’t suit me, really, I don’t think. [name]Ashley[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would have been great, though. [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] are both family names, too, so I would have loved that connection. Oh, well, haha.

If I had to change my name, though, I’d probably change it to [name]Lily[/name] (or [name]Lillian[/name]), [name]Annabelle[/name] (or [name]Annabel[/name]–not sure on spelling!), or [name]Eleanor[/name]. Maybe [name]Hannah[/name]. I think those four fit me pretty well.

I’m [name]Casey[/name], and if I could change my name, it’d be to [name]Cassandra[/name]. It fits me much better. As far as middle names, I’m not sure if I’d keep my middle name of [name]Jo[/name] or lengthen it to [name]Josephine[/name].

I’m not changing my FN or MN because if nothing else it would make my immigration paperwork painful to deal with, things not matching turns into an international pain in the ass.

But if I were, I would probably change it to a more direct translation of my religious name. My religious name is [name]Yosefa[/name] [name]Tzippa[/name] [name]Leah[/name], [name]Josepha[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name] would make more sense than another random (and mispelt, gah) J name that’s unrelated. I go by [name]Josie[/name] in real life anyway.

So let’s say [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Leah[/name] or perhaps [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lark[/name], since [name]Tzippa[/name] is a diminutive of Tzipporah which means “bird”. Could be any bird name but [name]Lark[/name] would alliterate to [name]Leah[/name] as well, and I’m saving [name]Dove[/name] for a daughter. :wink: