If you could change your surname what surname would you choose?

What are your favorite surnames that you would change your last name to if you could?
I’ve always loved [name_u]Collins[/name_u], [name_u]Mayfair[/name_u], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_m]Casper[/name_m], Hepburn, [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Sutton[/name_u], [name_u]Shaw[/name_u], [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], Cordova, [name_m]Preston[/name_m], [name_f]Hathaway[/name_f], [name_u]Cameron[/name_u], and [name_u]Callaghan[/name_u].

1 Like

i’d pick mullen, moon, or cleary!

1 Like

I always thought that having the surname [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] or Lockhart would be amazing!

2 Likes

Yes, I love [name_f]Hathaway[/name_f] and [name_u]Callaghan[/name_u] too. Also [name_m]Davenport[/name_m], Cartwright, Trevelyan and Kinsella.

1 Like

[name_u]Collins[/name_u] because it’s my mum’s maiden name and connects to my Irish heritage.

1 Like

I’d choose something that starts with the same letter as my first name! I love first & last name alliteration! My first name is Hazel, so maybe Hazel Henderson or Hathaway or Harper. :relaxed:

1 Like

I love this question! I actually really love my surname but I second @wintersnowflake03 and would also love to be a [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] or a Lockhart!

I also love [name_m]Allen[/name_m], Beasley, [name_m]Calvert[/name_m], [name_m]Carew[/name_m], [name_m]Dickinson[/name_m], [name_m]Dixon[/name_m], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], Griffiths, [name_u]Lennox[/name_u], [name_m]Lynch[/name_m], [name_m]Matthews[/name_m], [name_u]Scott[/name_u], Swann and think that to have a double surname would be really cool as well.

2 Likes

Probably my mom’s last name, because I have my dads. (I like my last name though, I probably wouldn’t change it if given the opportunity)

1 Like

I would probably still keep it Spanish, and I love names with de (my grandmas maiden name had it too), maybe Valiente, de [name_f]Luna[/name_f], de [name_m]Leon[/name_m], Corazón, Irizarry, de la [name_f]Mar[/name_f], [name_f]Quintana[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], Quintanilla, [name_m]Silvestre[/name_m] or Laracuente

3 Likes

I love [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] as a last name! I also love [name_u]Palmer[/name_u], but I’d rather save that as a first name.

1 Like

I’ve always found my last name to be really clunky, which I don’t hate necessarily but it would be nice to have something a little more romantic. I’d want it to still be Irish so maybe something like Carrigan or Connoway. I actually really like the last name of the person I just started seeing… maybe someday?

1 Like

I once quite seriously considered changing my last name to Bird for certain personal reasons.

Incidentally, I’m not overly fond of my surname. I don’t hate it, I’ve just never been attached to it.

Didn’t end up doing the change, and my lifelong surname is not at all similar to Bird, but if I had to change it, I’d likely still go that route.

If not, maybe my mom’s surname, which is uncommon enough I don’t want to share it here.

But I have my late father’s surname, so I likely won’t ever change it unless I marry and decide to take a new surname with or for my spouse.

1 Like

I personally am not fond of my surname because it’s so common, as well as short and simple (basically, the equivalent of the surname [name_m]Smith[/name_m] in my culture). Because I live in a western country, I’d choose a western surname if given the chance to change mine. As for which one, well, I’ve always liked ‘wood’ surnames: [name_m]Lockwood[/name_m], Stigwood, Blackwood, etc. or even [name_m]Wood[/name_m] itself, or [name_m]Woods[/name_m].

I would pick either [name_u]Knightley[/name_u], Florescu, or McNulty

[name_f]My[/name_f] surname starts with W so, if I wanted to keep the same initials, I would go with [name_u]Winter[/name_u] or [name_u]Wilde[/name_u].

Otherwise, I’d love to have the surname [name_u]Loveday[/name_u] or [name_f]Darling[/name_f]. :love_letter:

I love my surname as it is but I do like simple surnames like [name_m]Wood[/name_m] so I’d pick that if I had to. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (if it wasn’t my middle name, that is).

i did my university placement with someone who had the surname [name_f]Darling[/name_f]! haha

in terms of surnames I love my own, but the surname Fernsby would be very nice