If You Could Choose Your Nickname, What Would It Be?

(deleted)

I wish I could get people behind calling me [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] so I don’t have that many options, but I do have a soft spot for [name_u]Mal[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] first name is already nicknamey so almost nothing is intuitive, [name_f]Lolo[/name_f] is cute though

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you get [name_f]Vi[/name_f] a lot as a [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

no, my grandmother’s evil stepmother was [name_f]Vi[/name_f] so I don’t get a nickname

1 Like

Makes sense :sob::sob:
[name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is actually really cool for [name_f]Violet[/name_f], tbh

I’m [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. Been [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] and [name_f]Melia[/name_f] (mee-Lee-uh) my whole life. I love being [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]! [name_f]Melia[/name_f] is pretty too, but I just prefer [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]! :sunny::white_heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother calls me [name_f]Nettie[/name_f] and I think that’s sweet🪺 (I also would like Ann/ Anne). But pretty much everybody else call me with a nn from my first name (a very cutsey version). It sticked after my first grade teacher heard my grandparents call me that and she also started to use it. It became my school nn for a lot of people for the next 12 years… I prefer to use nn for close family only.
A really badass nn would also be cool (in the lines of names used in the [name_u]Matrix[/name_u] for example). Like imagine I was called [name_u]Mirage[/name_u], [name_u]Eclipse[/name_u], Myth or [name_u]Vision[/name_u] :star_struck:

I’m [name_f]Diana[/name_f]. Some call me [name_f]Di[/name_f], including my husband and his family. Others just don’t listen properly or are too lazy and call me [name_f]Diane[/name_f], which I hate. It’s not my name and I don’t see [name_f]Diana[/name_f] as being so hard, especially since a very famous late [name_f]Princess[/name_f] also had the same name.
I’m not keen on [name_f]Di[/name_f] either, but it is easier to live with. I’d rather not have a nickname at all, if I’m honest, but if I have to I’d rather be [name_f]Dee[/name_f] than [name_f]Di[/name_f]. But you never get a choice it seems. It really is taking liberties. No one should shorten your name without asking if you mind. But like you, I think I am stuck with it. I don’t tolerate [name_f]Diane[/name_f] anymore though. Once someone actually wrote it on an exam certificate. I was livid and they had to send me another one.