šŸŒ¼ if you had a daughter named marigold

it took me a long time to love the name marigold, but now that i do i just canā€™t get her out of my head! anyway, i have a couple of questions and i canā€™t wait to see what all of you come up with!

1. if you had a daughter named marigold, what would her middle name be? (it doesnā€™t necessarily have to be realistic)
  2. if you had to use marigold as a middle name, what would you pair with it?
  3. do you prefer marigold in the first or middle spot?
  4. and finally, what are your thoughts on the name marigold!
my answers
  1. iā€™d probably go with something simple and familiar like marigold elizabeth.
  2. beatrix marigold or felicity marigold
  3. i think i prefer it in the middle, but only because that seems more realistic for me.
  4. as you can probably tell, i love it!
3 Likes

my boyfriend and i have both marigold bee and ida marigold on our short list! i prefer her as a first name, mostly because i adore the nickname goldie! i think itā€™s a darling name that is noticeably unique but not too out there. :tangerine:

2 Likes
  1. probably something one or two syllables, royce & sadie are favorites at the moment (that i guarantee iā€™ll forget about in a few days) so right now maybe those
  2. is esmeralda marigold too much? first thing that came to mind and i donā€™t not like it
  3. marigold is easier to work with in the first spot but i think i prefer it in the middle
  4. itā€™s not my favorite, though it would be a fun nod to dia de los muertos as it was a holiday i celebrated during elementary school as i went to a spanish immersion school.
1 Like

for a first, i think iā€™d go with something like marigold vivian or marigold frances ! if i were to use it as a middle, i think iā€™d go with greta marigold or jane marigold.
i think that overall, i prefer it as a middle, simply because it pairs well with so many firsts. and i do like the name! especially nn ā€˜mariā€™ or ā€˜goldieā€™ <3

1 Like

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] popped in my mind and I actually like it! It is a bit cutesy though. I realistically would probably go with something classic, common, familiar, etc like [name_u]Marie[/name_u] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

Iā€™m really fond of balancing ā€œout thereā€ names with something familiar, so I would probably go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

I donā€™t know which spot I prefer it in. I guess it depends on which name(s) youā€™re looking to pair it with.

I wasnā€™t fond of [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] when it started showing up as a name. I like the flowers well enough but it was hard to picture an actual person being called [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. It eventually grew to be a bit of a GP name for me. It is vaguely in the ā€œI would realistically use thisā€ category but my husband isnā€™t a fan. I like that, while I do see it used more often IRL now, it has come to be a viable alternative to other similar names, such as [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

1 Like
  1. maybe [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
  2. today, [name_f]Vita[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - I like how the dramatic, sparky [name_f]Vita[/name_f] is contrasted with sunny, blooming [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. I used to have [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] high on my list, though.
  3. I like it either way, I think it works really well as a middle name to a lot of my favorites so I throw it in there a lot
  4. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is a gorgeous name. I love, love, love the nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] and I think that itā€™s whimsical without being too wispy or silly. A very warm, sunshiny name. Makes me think of wild hair, running around outside, braiding flower crowns, and nap dresses.
4 Likes
  1. I think Iā€™d consider [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Caoimhe[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - not sure Iā€™m happy with any of them yet though

2. [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Lois[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Effie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

3. I think the middle spot for me.

4. I admire it as a name - floral, bright, clunky cute - but I donā€™t absolutely love it, possibly because [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] isnā€™t for me

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. Probably the middle!
  4. I really like it! It has vintage charm, but also feels like a storybook character!
1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. either!!! middle, for me.
  4. I like it! [name_f]Pretty[/name_f] and bright
1 Like
  1. I love your [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], thatā€™s lovely. I quite like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] but that might be too much gold? :sweat_smile:
  2. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. I think I prefer it in the middle
  4. I wish I could like it more because it has a floral, cottagecore, hobbity charm, but I have two strong associations which hold me back - one, the washing up gloves, and two, itā€™s the name of a victim in the Miss Fisherā€™s Murder Mysteries series which Iā€™ve watched about seventeen times so thatā€™s probably very much a ā€˜meā€™ problem :upside_down_face:
2 Likes
  1. Iā€™d pair a well established name with [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. Iā€™m also leaning towards something a bit old school/timeless, such as [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

2. As a middle, I could pair one of my favourites with her, e.g. [name_f]Alannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

3. Hmm, do I prefer [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as a first or middle?Marigold is stunning, I really do like it a lot. However Iā€™ve got some reservations about what it would be like to inhabit this name. As well as being floral, marigolds are a well known brand of washing up/cleaning gloves and itā€™s quite a name, besidesā€¦the gold part is soā€¦bold! On the other hand, [name_f]Mari[/name_f] and [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] are such lovely nnā€™sā€¦on balance I think I have a slight preference for it to hide in the middle, but Iā€™m a bit disappointed in myself about that!!!

4. Oops, I sort of covered my thoughts on [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in the previous answer.

1 Like
  1. I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Apricity[/name_f] would sound cute!
  2. [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] although that might be too many Gs. I also like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].
  3. Either! Though Iā€™d be more likely to use it as a middle.
  4. Itā€™s a really sweet name that I could imagine on any age. I always like flower names and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is one of my favorites. Iā€™d be very excited to meet someone named [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and itā€™s got tons of cute nicknames too!
1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] :sunny:
  2. Either my [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] combo, or maybe something like [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] :smiling_face:
  3. I prefer it in the middle spot, because I feel like it would get shortened to [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], which is my cousinā€™s name
  4. I really like it! Itā€™s summer-y and spunky, familiar but not too common, vintage and bright!
1 Like

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] because its an honor name for me but if weā€™re going totally random maybe something like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f].

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

I donā€™t have a preference, I like it in both spots, but the middle might be a bit easier to pair?

I really like it! Its sweet and fun without being too cutesy and has nice nicknames. Also bonus for me because it works as abstract honor name.

1 Like

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Realistically I would use it in the middle.
I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], I think itā€™s very pretty and I love the nn [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]!

1 Like

For a first something like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] would be my preference, as I like it best as a first. In the middle, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would be my choice. It has taken me a long time to like it, too, but Iā€™m warming up!

2 Likes
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] has such a bright, cheerful feeling so I think I would also pair it with something down-to-earth and cozy: [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

2. Flipping those vibes around I would do: [name_u]Esme[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Isola[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], or [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

3. I think I prefer [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in the middle, since it doesnā€™t totally fit in with my own usual style of names. But I adore [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would be my favourite long name for that nn.

4. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is such a sweet name! It is cute and whimsical but it isnā€™t too far out there that I would label it a guilty pleasure kind of name. It has a history of being used that goes back a long time in literature and it was the name of one of [name_m]Winston[/name_m] Churchillā€™s daughter. I would absolutely love to meet a little [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]!

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

2. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

3. I personally would put [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in the middle if it was going to be part of a name I was choosing

4. The name is dainty and frilly for sure and it gives me visuals of the 1940s-50 era. It isnā€™t my favorite floral name but it definitely has more pros than cons and nicknames for it are easy to find and adorable (Gold, [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], [name_u]Marie[/name_u], [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_u]Mar[/name_u], or Maro)

1 Like
  1. [name_f]My[/name_f] combo is [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] (Ann is my mumā€™s middle).

2. [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is my #3 girls name!

3. Both are great! I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is super versatile, so works well as a middle (itā€™s perfect with light, vintage and classif choices imo). I would love to hear [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as a first though.

4. I absolutely adore [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]! I get this really clear image of a little girl running, playing, laughing, dancing, just so carefree and happy. All bright florals, lush green fields, endless laughter and pure, childlike joy. Someone whoā€™s always smiling, optimistic, and ready for fun and adventure, always caring towards everyone, and making sure theyā€™re okay. Plus I love the colour of marigolds, and it comes with lots of great nns!

2 Likes

i am in love with these descriptions, itā€™s like you took the imagery right out of my own head :pleading_face:

5 Likes