šŸŒ¼ if you had a daughter named marigold

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is so pretty. Iā€™m glad for your post, because miss [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is definitely one Iā€™m not all the way sold on yet but am leaning further and further into. Sheā€™s so bright and autumnal. :blossom:

1. If you had a daughter named [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], what would her middle name be?
Iā€™d say [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] today. I love that! Other ideas might be [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

2. If you had to use [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as a middle name, what would you pair with it?
Iā€™d choose [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] nn [name_f]Franny[/name_f] today. Thatā€™s got me swooning. Some other ideas I enjoy are [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (a bit wordy, but sweet), [name_f]Beulah[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], and [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].

3. First or middle spot?
For myself, Iā€™d say the first name spot. I like my middles to be loaded with meaning, and while [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is an honor, itā€™s not my most favorite yet. But reallyā€¦ itā€™s great for both spots! Itā€™s a wicked cool name.

2 Likes

oh hooray!! I love marigold :face_holding_back_tears:

1. Off the top of my head, [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (most realistic) [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Elidi[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Elinor[/name_f]

2. [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] combo is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]!

3. For myself Iā€™d probably only use [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in the middle. Mostly because itā€™s somewhat close to my dogā€™s name (Magnolia) which would feel too weird for me. However for anyone else Iā€™d love to see [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] shining in the first spot :bouquet:

4. I adore this name and Iā€™m so glad you made a thread for me to gush about my love for her! Simultaneously spunky and delicate. Whimsical but totally wearable and approachable. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] sounds like someone everyone would want to be friends with :white_heart:

2 Likes
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f].
  2. [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].
  3. Middle.
  4. I like it very much. Itā€™s bright and cheerful, with an array of great nicknames.
3 Likes
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. I prefer it in the mn spot
  4. I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], itā€™s sweet and works well with most names
2 Likes
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. First
  4. Itā€™s really beautiful, I love the nicknames Mari/Mary as well as [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]!
2 Likes

I love [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]! I think I would pair it with something short and sweet, like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilou[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. I think it is trickier to find middles that go with [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] but I do prefer it as a first name because of the nickname potential (Mari, Goldie). I would love to meet a little [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]!

1 Like

as a first name, iā€™d go with marigold august, even if it is a bit wordy. as a middle, sheā€™d either be jane marigold or betty marigold. i think i prefer it as a middle.

i like the name marigold. i think itā€™s one of those names i should love, but it just doesnā€™t do it for me the way so many of my favorites do.

1 Like

1~ Iā€™d pair it with something much darker, slightly grungy sounding since [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is very sweet to me. Iā€™d probably do [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Izar[/name_u], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] Dainora, [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] AtĆ© or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] Aixian!

2~ Same as above, something darker. Something like [name_u]Shiva[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], Nefera [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], Azilia [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Sirena[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

3~ Definitely the middle, easier to pair and sounds better to me as a middle name

4~ I donā€™t mind it, itā€™s not my favorite but itā€™s definitely not a bad name. I do find it a bit hard to say but thatā€™s a me thing. I do prefer Marigolda in general

1 Like
  1. marigold ophelia :tulip:
  2. cecily marigold :honeybee:
  3. i think the middle spot? i donā€™t have a preference either way
  4. itā€™s nice! i donā€™t love it, but i could be convinced to use it
2 Likes
  1. Realistically, probably something like Marigold Gloria because I love Gloria and think they pair really nicely together. My other thoughts were Marigold Wishmay, Marigold Hero, or Marigold Cleo!

2. Lua Marigold or Lucie Marigold were my first thoughts!

3. I love it as both a first and a middle :slight_smile:

4. Marigold is fun, playful without being too much, carefree and sweet

1 Like
  1. There are so many beautiful options but atm I would lean towards Marigold Amore or Marigold Blossom.
  2. Hadassah Marigold
  3. 1st bc of the lovely nn (Goldie) :sun_with_face:
  4. Itā€™s warm, evocative, & bright!
2 Likes
  1. Iā€™m not sure! Maybe [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is one of my top combos! I also love [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. Iā€™d most likely use it in the middle spot. I have a mental image of a [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and she has blonde hair. I have dark brown hair so most likely I wonā€™t have a blonde baby but itā€™s still a very nice name!
  4. I love it! I think itā€™s very sunny and bright but also warm and cozy. Like afternoons in a meadow making flower crowns and picnics outside.
2 Likes

I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]! Such a bright happy name!

1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
  2. Iā€™m going to use your idea of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is nice too!
  3. First, because there are so many nickname options! [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], Maggieā€¦
  4. For a while I thought Iā€™d definitely use it. Itā€™s a bit too sunny for me now (Iā€™m not as into the flowery, sunny names anymore) but itā€™s still on my list and I love it!
1 Like

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] nn [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is one of my top choices for a girl someday! So one day, if we choose to use it, weā€™d use [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Ila[/name_f] (after my grandmother) or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (ode to my sister & my name!). Clearly I adore the name as itā€™s one of my top choices!

For a middle name option, I love the idea of [name_f]Iva[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]!

And for me, [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is 50/50 if it should be used as a first or middle! [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest hesitation with using the name is itā€™s on the unique side & I know itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea. I think itā€™s such a lovely name though, well just have to see if Iā€™m brave enough to use it someday!

1 Like

[quote=ā€œmidnight.melody, post:1, topic:427208ā€]

• if you had a daughter named marigold, what would her middle name be? (it doesnā€™t necessarily have to be realistic). [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]

• if you had to use marigold as a middle name, what would you pair with it? [name_f]Alice[/name_f] marigold

• do you prefer marigold in the first or middle spot? I love it as a first with the middle [name_f]Alice[/name_f] :purple_heart::purple_heart:

• and finally, what are your thoughts on the name marigold!
    [/quote]beautiful

1 Like

marigold is one of my all time favorites!

1. i do like it as a first because i love the nickname goldie, and if i used it as a first her name would probably be something like marigold winifred, marigold vesper, marigold matilda, marigold beatrix.
  2. my top pick is maxine marigold! sheā€™s been on my list for awhile now.
  3. personally itā€™s on my list as a middle because i love botanical names in the middle.
  4. i love it! itā€™s not too out there, but still out there enough for my tastes, and for me it would be a slight nod to my grandmother. maxine marigold is a name i would use in a heartbeat. max marigold sounds so sunny and adventurous to me. :smiling_face: :blossom:
1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] has been on my list for a long time! [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] & [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Aoife[/name_f] are other combos I have.

2. Iā€™d probably pair her with my favourite name or reverse the combos above.

3. I prefer it as a first name, but I donā€™t mind it as a middle name.

4. If I had to sum up [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in three words, theyā€™d be: sweet, sunshine & adorable.

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Callista[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. I prefer it in the middle spot.
  4. I like it. Not a huge fan but I donā€™t dislike itā€¦neutral I guess.
2 Likes

Oh I really love [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] :blossom:

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is definitely a favourite of mine sheā€™s bright, energetic, has lovely springtime imagery attached and I love the nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f].

I love your idea of [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a favourite of mine. I have the combination [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f] Lockhart both these names have personal significance to me but I love how cottagecore this name feels.

I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as a first name as I love the nickname [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]!

Oh as you can tell from my earlier gushing I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is fab

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Mei[/name_f]
    Maybe [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Melody[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], Elsa/Eliza [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], etc, because I finally get the possibility to use simple names without them to be boring, which would be awesome for me! [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe something Victorian or floreal, like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] or [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  3. Both, maybe middle
  4. It is such an awesome and beautiful name full of spring vibes
1 Like